How awesome was Axl's 2006 interview with Eddie Trunk?

gunsfanoldie

I just relistened to this entire interview on Youtube. How amazing and exciting was it when Axl Rose, incognito for 4 years at that point, showed up out of the blue on Eddie Trunk's show in New York during those Hammerstein rehearsals and just hashed it out? Sebastian Bach really was the MVP in that scenario for getting him there, but all the guys there were so cool and it was just a great conversation. It had been such a long time that it was just good to hear Axl's voice again. He had gotten past the inevitable first GNR outing post-Slash, and he truly seemed ready to kick some ass and blow people's minds.

It would be amazing if he did this nowadays. An unannounced, 2 hour relaxed interview with Axl Rose would really cause some reinvigoration around here. Just wondering if anyone remembers this very special interview. I remember listening at the time and being in complete awe that it was happening, and it was great to relive that experience. Hands down the best Axl interview of all time IMO.

Great interview. Whereas the most memorable thing from the newer Eddie Trunk interview was how all the jewelry on his wrists would go 'clink' every time he moved his hands.

Agreed the interview from 2011 didn't touch the awesomeness of the 2006 interview.

2011 interview was far too tame, I don't want to hear Axl bashing the ex-members (vice versa) or anything but talking about the split, new music and band related stuff is important. all those issues were covered but not in any great detail. Axl can sometimes like to talk, I'd imagine he'd sit down with Eddie again if the circumstances suited him.

the 2006 interview is great, some cool stories and he came off sounding really relaxed and together after the years of bad press and hear say.