Axl, Didn't anyone ever tell you it's ok to shine? (Lana Del Ray)

Russel Nash

I have nothing to add, just surprised people still listen to lana del rey.

That's cos i'm not apply for ppl. Im 2 o 3 categories under that.

Still, i found that she has some nice lyrics and some nice melodies. Bel Air is not one of them.

But since i made this in the discussion spot in a GNR forum, we can discuss this involving that.

I think is awesome that they got to meet after 2 o more songs directed entirely to a guy like Axl, i wonder what topics were touched in that conversation.

You think it is awesome they got to meet? It's good for those with boyish fantasies but I don't think it looks too good to be linked to a pop star who sells her sexy image over substance especially if

that genre of music distracts young people from finding more deserving, dedicated, and gifted musicians. I'm sure the men I know rather influence Sarah McLachlan or Tori Amos or even this pop star:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8UR6-GMjUQ

You think it is awesome they got to meet? It's good for those with boyish fantasies but I don't think it looks too good to be linked to a pop star who sells her sexy image over substance especially if

that genre of music distracts young people from finding more deserving, dedicated, and gifted musicians. I'm sure the men I know rather influence Sarah McLachlan or Tori Amos or even this pop star:

That's the reason why it's awesome, that frivolous event it's rare for a guy like Axl to occur.

You think Lana del Rey is distracting ppl from finding "better" music? How is that possible in the Internet era?

That's the reason why it's awesome, that frivolous event it's rare for a guy like Axl to occur.

You think Lana del Rey is distracting ppl from finding "better" music? How is that possible in the Internet era?

"Buzz" and mutually beneficial connections to the media creates the interest. People click for the eye candy not the music.

Guys watch because they want to hop on her, girls want to be her so the music is last. Don't you agree?

Maybe you'd like to see them duet "Islands in the Stream" on DTWS?! :wub:

Edited by ohlovelyrita

"Buzz" and mutually beneficial connections to the media creates the interest. People click for the eye candy not the music.

Guys watch because they want to hop on her, girls want to be her so the music is last. Don't you agree?

Maybe you'd like to see them duet "Islands in the Stream" on DTWS?! :wub:

Wow. So now you are defining (and really insulting) entire generations of people.

Most people listen to music they enjoy.

Can you give us specific details of people on this board who fit into the ridiculous catagories that you have defined?

Is not the best of Lana, but I love the lyrics and the way it is related to Axl! Lana is very talented, people just aren't able to accept it, generally.
You don't like, don't listen. But she knows what she is doing and I see authenticity in her. And the fact she is kinda fascinated by Axl just makes her even better. I didn't know she likes Axl when I start to listen to her, when I discover it I found amazing!

Is not the best of Lana, but I love the lyrics and the way it is related to Axl! Lana is very talented, people just aren't able to accept it, generally.

You don't like, don't listen. But she knows what she is doing and I see authenticity in her. And the fact she is kinda fascinated by Axl just makes her even better. I didn't know she likes Axl when I start to listen to her, when I discover it I found amazing!

:lol:

And the fact she is kinda fascinated by Axl just makes her even better. I didn't know she likes Axl when I start to listen to her, when I discover it I found amazing!

Celebrity worship is disturbing.

LOL, why is that disturbing? THat was a dumb word to use, i just find it nice that she likes the same stuff I like. Is about music and style, not worship. So what?

And the fact she is kinda fascinated by Axl just makes her even better. I didn't know she likes Axl when I start to listen to her, when I discover it I found amazing!

LOL, why is that disturbing? THat was a dumb word to use, i just find it nice that she likes the same stuff I like. Is about music and style, not worship. So what?

"And the fact she is kinda fascinated by Axl just makes her even better. I didn't know she likes Axl when I start to listen to her, when I discover it I found amazing!"

Why would a singer liking another singer make her "better" and make you think "amazing."

I apologize if my statement was rude.

I have just never understood celebrity worship. I couldn't care less who likes, loves or hates Axl Rose's singing or any other band that I like or dislike. I like a band for my own specific preference and other celebrities opinions mean nothing to me. I've never understood people who are influenced by what celebrities like and dislike.

Axl and Lana are just people - like you and I are.

To each his own though. I think it's weird, and you shouldn't let that bother you. Who cares what some random person on a rock forum thinks about how your influenced by celebrities.

LMFAO! Man, this is just crazy. I didn't say that I like her because she likes Axl, I like her just because of her music. But I found very nice to know she is a fan of him and of GNR.

And disturbing is to see someone acting like you. Is nonsense! LOL.
So, that is how you think, good for you. Just leave me alone, you're fucking creepy and yes it was rude and pointless.

Edited by Miss Paradise

• 2 weeks later...

"And the fact she is kinda fascinated by Axl just makes her even better. I didn't know she likes Axl when I start to listen to her, when I discover it I found amazing!"

Why would a singer liking another singer make her "better" and make you think "amazing."

I have just never understood celebrity worship. I couldn't care less who likes, loves or hates Axl Rose's singing or any other band that I like or dislike. I like a band for my own specific preference and other celebrities opinions mean nothing to me. I've never understood people who are influenced by what celebrities like and dislike.

To each his own though. I think it's weird, and you shouldn't let that bother you. Who cares what some random person on a rock forum thinks about how your influenced by celebrities.

Groghan stop being a dick...you're better than that.

• Like 1

Groghan stop being a dick...you're better than that.

Wonder what would happen to me if I called someone a dick on here.......oh I know, I'd be reported and suspended.