Would you attend 'Rose Fest'?

CoolRanchDressing

In the leaked letter in which Doug Gdstein shamelessly begs Axl to take him back, he also proposes the idea of an Axl Rose music festival, and lays out all the reasons this could be an easy and profitable strategy.

Would you attend 'Rose Fest?' If Beta were to try and use Doug's idea, what would the festival have to offer to make it enticing?

I would go anywhere and pay any price to see Hall of Fame GNR. But the nugnr brand I quit paying to see live. I'd consider it if it was close and offered some other bands with similar appeal... Def Leppard, Bon Jovi, Crüe, Poison. Even some classic rock acts like Cheap Trick or Aerosmith or ZZ Top. Wouldn't pay more than 75 bucks though.

Edited by CoolRanchDressing

Russ, this was all over GNREvo, it came with a creepy pic of Goldstein in a t-shirt meant for a 17 year old frat boy, he's hugging Beta.

He basically snivels to Axl that he loves him and that he is the man to lead him to highs never reached.

Thank God Axl saw through it and didn't even reply.

• Like 1

Why did Axl give Goldstein the boot in the first place?

You still need to ask a question like this?

Why does he ever give people the boot. always the same reasons. figure it out for yourself already.

Just wondering if he ever gave a statement about it or anything. Axl's "reasoning".

Russ, this was all over GNREvo, it came with a creepy pic of Goldstein in a t-shirt meant for a 17 year old frat boy, he's hugging Beta.

He basically snivels to Axl that he loves him and that he is the man to lead him to highs never reached.

I remember this from Evo as well. Unfortunately, creepy skin tight shirt and all. :(

It'd be interesting to see a true Rose-Fest lineup (ie. bands picked by Axl without any concern for commercial aspects).

Guns n' Roses

Nine Inch Nails

Elton John

Ice Cube

Sebastian Bach

Trent can't stand Axl...

Elton probably doesn't see Axl for years and years...

I remember this from Evo as well. Unfortunately, creepy skin tight shirt and all. :(

Ooooooooh yeah, I remember that now!

Why did Axl give Goldstein the boot in the first place?

2001: Chinese Whispers (Page 1) / 2001 / GNR Evolution - Guns N Roses Forum

www.gnrevolution.com, 23 July 2013 [cached]

On 04/24/01, Doug Goldstein's Big FD Management was announced to be merged into Sanctuary Group. GNR had a 14-date European tour now in place for June and things looked good on the outside.
"Sanctuary today continued its expansion in the United States music market with the announcement that rock superstars Guns N' Roses and their long time manager, Doug Goldstein, are to join the Group.Goldstein, who has been with the band since its first album and over its 75,000,000 record sales, will become Co-President of Sanctuary Music Management based at the company's new Los Angeles offices which are due to open in mid-May.
Axl obviously had a very brisk chat with Goldstein over potential touring while completion of the album was still in the air. As can be read from the article above, Sanctuary's North American CEO Merck Mercuriadis was first on the case, as he was no doubt concerned over the moods of his newly-gained client.
"Contrary to the popular rumor, Axl Rose has not fired manager Doug Goldstein of Big F.D., although they are 'taking a break from each other.' According to Goldstein, no legal steps have been taken to dissolve their relationship.He admits that the pair did have (yet another) falling-out over touring issues. (CDNow, 06/30/01)
Plans for the US tour seemingly began soon after the Big FD/Sanctuary merger. Goldstein and Mercuriadis were able to secure a veritable promoter, Clear Channel, which would be necessary for a nationwide arena tour.
While CD was supposed to have been already released, and Buckethead was clashing with the studio crew and the GNR camp was arguing over touring with Doug Goldstein, Axl found the time for basketball.
In November, the cat and mouse game finally ended, as Doug Goldstein canceled the rescheduled European tour.
I guess you can say taking a break from Goldstein put Axl into situation where he learned the ongoing matters of his band from the web
  • Like 1