Favorite Godzilla films 1984 to 1995

Godzilla  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This post covers Godzilla films from 1984 to 1995 dubbed "The Heisei Series" Though technically The Return of Godzilla aka Godzilla 1985 was released in The Showa Era (The reign of Hirohito) but since The Return of Godzilla was basically a reboot (yes they had reboots back then) of the series, it is considered Heisei. The Return of Godzilla was released in Japan simply as Godzilla or Gojira. Like the original 1954 film the US added footage with Raymond Burr (now old) and making the Russians look bad in the process.

The Heisei Series differ from the Showa by showing a more mature tone, the films are connected in one way or another. The Return of Godzilla is a direct sequel to the 1954 film and from Godzilla vs. Biollante to Destroyah, it featured a girl gifted with telepathy named Miki Saegusa. Giving the films a connection of some kind. Always thought she was hot :lol:

Edited by Georgy Zhukov

Close call between The Return of Godzilla and Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah here. I chose the latter cause it had a great human story and kind of explained the transition from Showa era Godzilla to Heisei era Godzilla beyond the simple "we rebooted the series" paradigm as a result of meddling with time. It worked really well, and of course we got the big G facing off against his arch nemesis (the even bigger G).

King Gedorah was awesome. Mechagodzilla is my favorite Godzilla monster so idk... But I still need to see Biollante.

It was a strange movie. I use to watch it a lot because it was the first Godzilla film I got on VHS and the look was so cool. The red eyes, his roar. He was a very violent all around bad monster. I think they just tried to tell a story when you just want to see two monsters duke it out.

King Ghidorah and Destroyah are by far the best entries in the series since the first one.

I remember as a kid watching King Gidorah and not really understanding what the hell was going on with the whole time travel aspect, most amusing part of the film was the robot's movement when he ran really fast :lol:

Remember the part when his car explodes? If you looked closely you see what appears to be a dog on fire.

I remember as a kid watching King Gidorah and not really understanding what the hell was going on with the whole time travel aspect, most amusing part of the film was the robot's movement when he ran really fast :lol:

Remember the part when his car explodes? If you looked closely you see what appears to be a dog on fire.

"Make my day!"