Do You Think Slash is Bothered & Affected by All the Things Axl Said About Him?

ChristmasFnatic

I'd guess that he just rolls his eyes and laughs.

It's like a GF from 15 years ago saying bad things about you, when her sour attitude was the real reason you broke up with her!!! Now your happily married, with kids and enjoying your life........why would you care what that ex-gf said?

• Like 2

I think Slash is doing his thing, and not too concerned about the past. It's been a long time since the old Guns days.

Moving forward comes naturally to him. I don't think he will ever find a musical partner like Axl, but playing live and putting out records on a regular basis seems good enough for him.

He knows Axl, he must say to himself "There he goes talking crazy again". I'm sure it doesn't bother him much.

Thats the answer. He knows Axl is crazy and he knows that he is no more at fault than Axl for GNR falling apart. Therefore, I don't think he ever feels sadness or bothered when thinking about all the things Axl has said. I think he ignores it and realized a long time ago Axl is being a baby and unreasonable so it doesn't affect him at all.

or does the thought of all the cash he gave up by signing the name away and quitting make him more sad?

Gnr hasn't been a cash cow since he left - he probably clears more now by bypassing the label and releasing his own music and when he tours, he doesn't have topay out an entourage or late fines

or does the thought of all the cash he gave up by signing the name away and quitting make him more sad?

HHmm,

Well, Slash loves sharing music with his fans. So seeing that Axl has put out ONE album in the 16 years of owning the name by himself, I'm sure Slash isn't too broken up about that part of it.

As for the money part, we know that Slash made millions of dollars while with GnR and still gets royality checks. Plus he makes money off of his own albums and tours. Are you implying that Axl and Slash are only in the business for the money? Or that money is the main motivator for them?

I mean is he more bothered by the loss of a friendship of a brother or by the monetary loss of whole thing?

lets face it he's not making the kind of money he would be making if things had gone differently.

I think Slash might have died if he hadn't quit GNR.

He needed to record and tour to limit his drug intake and that wasn't happening in GNR any time soon.

Additionally it's probably easier to stay clean as his own boss than it is dealing with things that happen in GNR (late starts, drama etc).

As for Axl saying stuff about him, I remember an interview where Slash was asked to respond and he said something like "that's axl being axl and saying stuff the way he does" or something like that which basically minimised the aggressive way the quote sounded.