What's your biggest complaint about Team Brazil?

wfuckinga

That one time I asked Fernando if it was cool if I waited to try and shake Axl's hand, he said "yes," then pointed me to where the limo would be pulling up. A few minutes later, limo pulls up in the original spot I was standing, and I missed him.

Then I asked Fernando if the rumors were true about their being extra tickets (The Brooklyn Bowl) and he said there probably were, that he'd check and that he'd be right back.

Dude never showed.

PS - I bought one off of a drunk man who was thrown out for $40, so there was a happy ending.

I blame them for ruining a once incredible band (either its their fault or they have motivated Axl's poor decisions which have led to this terrible situation).

It could easily just be Axl's own decision. I don't see why Team Brazil is blamed for Axl's procrastination/low productivity. As managers they should just facilitate his goals. What we can blame them for, though, is a lack of professionalism in regards to communication between the band and the fans and inside the band.

Wouldn't you agree that Team Brazil isn't the same as the majority of management teams out there though? Most managers and their families do not live with one member of a band, nor does that musician call the manager his "mom" and completely financially support her entire family.

Beta and her children aren't playing the role of the typical management team. They are also playing the role of mother, brother, sister, protector, etc.

BangoSkank...........instead of giving the drunk guy $40 and a happy ending, did you think about instead just upping your offer to $75 or $80 or was he adamant about the happy ending? I love GnR, but I'm not sure I'd go that far to see them.

Edited by Groghan
  • Like 1

They clearly have no idea how to manage a band. They fail at every aspect of it.

/thread

What the hell have team Brazil done that actually improved the state of nuGNR? No new albums, no new promos, same cover act, same songs, same old late arrivals of Axl Rose.

Nuff said.

I will never forgive the racist allegations Fernando levelled at this forum in particular.

You'll NEVER FORGIVE him eh? :lol: Fuck me man you sound like he's bein' shagging your old lady or something! Calm down fella. :lol:

Good point. Just because Fernando is a complete joke of a human, doesn't mean you should hate him.

However, whatever he has done for respect even as a human being is questionable...But hey, good for him. Wish i could mooch off of a rockstar just by enabling him to do whatever he wants.

BangoSkank...........instead of giving the drunk guy $40 and a happy ending, did you think about instead just upping your offer to $75 or $80 or was he adamant about the happy ending? I love GnR, but I'm not sure I'd go that far to see them.

He was pretty adamant. It was right on the streets of Brooklyn too. Times are tough and sometimes ya gotta suck it up... (pun intended)

• Like 1

He was pretty adamant. It was right on the streets of Brooklyn too. Times are tough and sometimes ya gotta suck it up... (pun intended)

Well if we're ever in the same city and I've got an extra ticket for a GnR show......I'll give you a call.

Well if we're ever in the same city and I've got an extra ticket for a GnR show......I'll give you a call.

:lol:

I blame them for ruining a once incredible band (either its their fault or they have motivated Axl's poor decisions which have led to this terrible situation).

It could easily just be Axl's own decision. I don't see why Team Brazil is blamed for Axl's procrastination/low productivity. As managers they should just facilitate his goals. What we can blame them for, though, is a lack of professionalism in regards to communication between the band and the fans and inside the band.

Wouldn't you agree that Team Brazil isn't the same as the majority of management teams out there though? Most managers and their families do not live with one member of a band, nor does that musician call the manager his "mom" and completely financially support her entire family.

Beta and her children aren't playing the role of the typical management team. They are also playing the role of mother, brother, sister, protector, etc.

No one can deny this, but it is also not a reason on its own for criticism unless this unusual arrangement causes them to perform worse on whatever job they have been given by Axl.

I will never forgive the racist allegations Fernando levelled at this forum in particular.

You'll NEVER FORGIVE him eh? :lol: Fuck me man you sound like he's bein' shagging your old lady or something! Calm down fella. :lol:

Good point. Just because Fernando is a complete joke of a human, doesn't mean you should hate him.

I never used a word like hate.

"never forgiving" something, think of it in Axl-terms. It's like him firing Zutaut in the 2000's again, for some transgressions Zutaut allegedly did in the during the late 1980's period. It's not that I am seething with fiery hatred, think of it more like that kind of silent, eyes squinted frosted cold -style of never forgiving.

Also the quoting style took away the important second part, which was that the forum accustomed and "took seriously" these completely out-of-whack racist allegations Fernando levelled at the forum/us, and when I reacted like what I felt like was appropriate, ie. told him in not so many words to F off, my post was deleted and I got warned.

I am not rebelling against the authorities of the forum or their ruling/judgement of my actions, I am just never going to forgive Fernando, who got a free pass for some baseless sh*t.

They're incompetent. Sorry to be blunt, but when they keep showing it over and over again it's hard not to point out.

They are also allowed to be.

When you top talent doesn't seem to give a fuck in general, chances are, no one is going to come down on you when its obvious you have little to no idea what you are doing.

They're incompetent. Sorry to be blunt, but when they keep showing it over and over again it's hard not to point out.

They are also allowed to be.

When you top talent doesn't seem to give a fuck in general, chances are, no one is going to come down on you when its obvious you have little to no idea what you are doing.

Exactly. When the head-honcho looks at the notions of putting out new music, show blu-rays & fan-interaction with utter apathy, why would TB risk their cozy positions to push for any of those things?

They've got it made the way it is, what's the motivation to evolve Guns and push it forward? I've said a couple time already that they aren't fans, and could give literally a flying fuck about new releases, etc.

No one can deny this, but it is also not a reason on its own for criticism unless this unusual arrangement causes them to perform worse on whatever job they have been given by Axl.

So the release debacle, the various videos/concert release debacles, the lack of communication with fans, the rude comments from Management about fans, the lack of new music, playing weddings, the RnR HOF embarrassement, Axl showing up to gigs unprepared..............ok, forget all that.

Since you don't feel that people can blame Beta and her children for anything, even with the normal management type stuff being so f*cked up over the past few years, and their unique situation of no managing experience and their SOLE living expenses being provided by Axl, and Axl looking at Beta as his mom..........you think all of that has no bearing on what has happened to the band and that Axl is solely to blame?

So let's just skip all the side BS.

As a management team, how would you rate Beta and her children's performance: (1-to-10 scale, 10 being the best)

How do you think Axl has done running GnR over the last 10 years? (1-to-10 scale)

So the release debacle, the various videos/concert release debacles, the lack of communication with fans, the rude comments from Management about fans, the lack of new music, playing weddings, the RnR HOF embarrassement, Axl showing up to gigs unprepared..............ok, forget all that.

Since you don't feel that people can blame Beta and her children for anything, even with the normal management type stuff being so f*cked up over the past few years, and their unique situation of no managing experience and their SOLE living expenses being provided by Axl, and Axl looking at Beta as his mom..........you think all of that has no bearing on what has happened to the band and that Axl is solely to blame?

So let's just skip all the side BS.

As a management team, how would you rate Beta and her children's performance: (1-to-10 scale, 10 being the best)

How do you think Axl has done running GnR over the last 10 years? (1-to-10 scale)

I don't think you are reading what I write. I have earlier in this thread, as well as in numerous other threads, criticised Team Brazil for their poor communication skills. So your idea that I "don't feel that people can blame Beta and her children for anything" is simply wrong.

What I am saying is that as far as a lack of band progress goes, especially in regards to releasing new music, we don't know to what degree that can be attributed to Team Brazil. I am personally inclined to put all the blame on Axl and think that Team Brazil is merely doing what they are told, which isn't much, but I just don't know. The jury is out. The box is still black. I am not privy to the dynamics between Axl and Team Brazil, I don't know if they attempt to push him in any direction, I don't know if their job description is merely to facilitate his decision or whether they are supposed to also develop business strategies for the band. I don't know and when I don't know anything I am very careful to not have strong opinions. I am certainly not going to criticise Team Brazil for the band's lack of releasing music until I actually know it is their fault, either by convincing Axl that he should wait with releases or fumbling his decision to actually release.

Because of this I can't really rate TB's performance. The only way to rate it would be if I actually knew what orders they have received. Then I might have been able to put some grade on their job performance. To give an example, let's say that Axl had told them to negotiate the release of a new record in 2009 set for release in 2010, and I knew they had failed to do this. THAT would give me knowledge to actually rate them. But I am not privy to that information. For all I know they are doing exactly what they are told by booking tours according to Axl's wishes and not much else. And if that is the case, if what has happened is exactly what Axl has asked of them, then their job performance should be high.

It is this idea that you have, and many others here, that the management team is hired by the fans to do what we want, that is flawed. Their job is to do what the client pays them to do. And as long as that is hidden to us we have no way of really evaluating their performance.

All this being said, I am pretty certain Axl hasn't told them to be unprofessional, fickle and aggressive in their communication with the fan base. So THAT I am willing to assign to them. As for tours, delays, weddings, and the rest you mention, I will wait until I know more before blaming TB.

You also want me rate how Axl has done running GN'R the last 10 years. From a fan's perspective, who are only interested in new released music and couldn't care less about other things, including music videos, tours, etc, then I would have to be pretty satisfied. After all we have received a new record in the last 10 years. And any decade with new GN'R music is a good decade, because that is how low my expectations are regarding GN'R. I have no problems with fans disagreeing with this, and I can certainly see how the score would be lower if I cared about other things than new music. It's just a matter of what is important to us.