If Slash has closed the book on GN'R, why does he continue to play GN'R songs at his concerts?

wfuckinga

I've seen Slash live, most of his set is covers. I was at the show he played Simple Man at though, that was pretty fuckin' cool

Obvious cupcake? Better be... He almost exclusively plays songs that he wrote or co-wrote.

A cover show would be one where he'd play stuff like KOHD (Dylan), Whole Lotta Rosie (AC/DC), The Seeker (The Who), LALD (McCartney), Riff Raff (AC/DC), Don't Let It Bring You Down (Young), Another Brick In The Wall (Pink Floyd) ect...

From bands that he help destroy... His "solo" career is the reason why VR is no longer around.

Thanks! Reading this made me realize I'll never have to take your posts seriously ever again. This is too ridiculous to even argue with.
So you don't think VR took a back-seat to Slash's so career? Latest VR update, they are looking for a singer lol

So you don't think VR took a back-seat to Slash's so career? Latest VR update, they are looking for a singer lol

VR took a beating over Scott being gone. The search for a new singer too a toll under both Slash and Duff their solo efforts. But honestly the band was already pretty much gone at that time.

Edited by username

I think since Axl can play up to 7 covers in one show and only 4 "new" songs, and screwed up the old band and the new also, some people want to believe that Slash is doing as bad as Axl, which is not exactly the case.

You "think" wrong. Axl is doing better than Slash in every section of the globe. You can whine about the name and setlist all that you want, but you can't change reality. :shrugs:

I think since Axl can play up to 7 covers in one show and only 4 "new" songs, and screwed up the old band and the new also, some people want to believe that Slash is doing as bad as Axl, which is not exactly the case.

You "think" wrong. Axl is doing better than Slash in every section of the globe. You can whine about the name and setlist all that you want, but you can't change reality. :shrugs:

Reality is that Axl plays the same old songs since forever and a bunch of covers in between while Slash change his setlist regularly and his shows are more varied. Now if you're talking about attendance, yes you may be right, even though it appears numbers are decreasing with each tour even if Axl has a big name like Guns N Roses.

Reality is that Axl plays the same old songs since forever and a bunch of covers in between while Slash change his setlist regularly and his shows are more varied. Now if you're talking about attendance, yes you may be right, even though it appears numbers are decreasing with each tour even if Axl has a big name like Guns N Roses.

Didn't I make it clear enough that whining about the name and setlist changes nothing the first time? Unfortunately for your weird case of idol worship, Axl's attendance numbers aren't dwindling near fast enough to catch up with Slash, much less make up for the 2 to 5 times higher ticket prices for a Guns (Axl) show.

That's purely based on the name thing and playing old GnR songs over and over again. His popularity is on the decline. He's filling less big venues every tour. But good luck with it. I'm happy to be a Slash fan. At least he's putting out music. As Slash. Oh, and at least he's not the punchline of a joke in a TV sitcom.

We were talking about the setlist, why do you start talking about attendance and then blame me for talking about the setlist? And change your glasses I was not whinning about the name.

Learn to read your own posts, friend. You falsely stated that Slash was doing better than Axl. I corrected you. You went into typical Slash fanboy mode and started whining about setlists and the name. Check the last sentence of your previous post that referred to the name in your dwindling comment for name whining reference.

That's purely based on the name thing and playing old GnR songs over and over again. His popularity is on the decline. He's filling less big venues every tour. But good luck with it. I'm happy to be a Slash fan. At least he's putting out music. As Slash. Oh, and at least he's not the punchline of a joke in a TV sitcom.

Not a big South Park fan, eh? Oh well, I'd rather have nothing than the crap you're getting. At least we're both happy.

We were talking about the setlist, why do you start talking about attendance and then blame me for talking about the setlist? And change your glasses I was not whinning about the name.

Learn to read your own posts, friend. You falsely stated that Slash was doing better than Axl. I corrected you. You went into typical Slash fanboy mode and started whining about setlists and the name. Check the last sentence of your previous post that referred to the name in your dwindling comment for name whining reference.

He's doing better in the sense that he doesn't play 7 covers a show and the same old songs from 25 years ago. I thought it was clear.

Like I said, yes you're right, Axl and his band attracts more people, but it appears the numbres are decreasing.

I don't understand what you don't get about what I write.

He's doing better in the sense that he doesn't play 7 covers a show and the same old songs from 25 years ago. I thought it was clear.

Like I said, yes you're right, Axl and his band attracts more people, but it appears the numbres are decreasing.

I don't understand what you don't get about what I write.

How is that doing "better" in any way, shape or form? That's only doing things different, and it clearly isn't paying off. Myself, much like the common public, wouldn't want to see Slash play anything but Guns and maybe a couple VR tracks. The real world doesn't give a shit about his solo career.

How is playing seven covers in one show a good thing in you mind? Aren't you tired of the same old songs Axl is doing each tour? Even Axl himself said, when he was young.. and still human, that playing the same old setlist was cheap. Something changed along the line but he thought the same thing as I do right now. You want to measure the quality of a show by the number of people who are there? Fine, but I won't.

Axl plays close to 3-hour shows. Slash plays for 90 minutes.

Aren't you tired of saying something false?

Bruce Springsteen plays 3 hours, for real, Axl doesn't, he gets the fuck off the stage any chance he gets, there are 5 minutes gaps between songs, and Fortus, BBF, Dizzy, Stinson and Ashba plays solos while Axl is no where in sight.

Slash doesn't play 90 minutes, he plays for 2 hours.

How is playing seven covers in one show a good thing in you mind? Aren't you tired of the same old songs Axl is doing each tour? Even Axl himself said, when he was young.. and still human, that playing the same old setlist was cheap. Something changed along the line but he thought the same thing as I do right now. You want to measure the quality of a show by the number of people who are there? Fine, but I won't.

Where do you see me saying that playing covers is a good thing? Or hinting at that? Or mentioning that whatsoever? And you claim that I'm the one having difficulties with what you're saying? Ridiculous.

The real world doesn't give a shit about his solo career.

If that were true he'd be playing bars like Paul Dianno, or any number of former 80s rock band members, or Axl if he didn't have the GNR name.

Yeah, because Ribfest is so far up from bars. :lol:

Ok, let's break it down then.

Axl:

- Plays 120-180 minutes

- Is a vocal liability

- Plays the same stuff for over 10 years

- Releases 1 album during 1995-2013

- Doesn't do promotion or media

- Keeps fans in the dark about what's going on constantly

- Keeps fans waiting regularly

- Lives off the GnR name to fill arena's

Slash

- Plays 105-135 minutes

- Always sounds great

- Plays new material constantly

- Releases 6 albums during 1995-2013 plus singles, ep's and guest appearences

- Promotes his stuff, makes appearances, does interviews

- Keeps fans updated with news and info

- Is on time

- Relies on his current band/project

I could go on. But to me it seems pretty easy...

Edited by username

Ok, let's break it down

Slash

- Plays 105-135 minutes

- Always sounds great - According to you.

- Plays new material constantly - That nobody wants to hear.

- Releases 6 albums during 1995-2013 plus singles, ep's and guest appearences - Would be nice if there was some quality in that mountain of crap.

- Promotes his stuff, makes appearances, does interviews - Refuses to talk about the only thing anybody wants to talk to him about.

- Keeps fans updated with news and info - Yay.

- Is on time - Axl has made major improvents in this area.

- Relies on his current band/project - His bar band sucks and this statement makes no sense. Who else is he going to rely on?

I could go on. But to me it seems pretty easy... - A little too easy.

Fixed.

Ok, let's break it down

Slash

- Plays 105-135 minutes

- Releases 6 albums during 1995-2013 plus singles, ep's and guest appearences - Would be nice if there was some quality in that mountain of crap.

- Promotes his stuff, makes appearances, does interviews - Refuses to talk about the only thing anybody wants to talk to him about.

- Relies on his current band/project - His bar band sucks and this statement makes no sense. Who else is he going to rely on?

Fixed.

Can you fix Chinese Democracy? Because that would be great.

Ok, let's break it down

Slash

- Plays 105-135 minutes

Fixed.

You're confused. You're actually listing your opinions as facts and/or general consensus.

Oh and, incidently, "Refuses to talk about the only thing anybody wants to talk to him about" would be about Axl and a new album. Or Axl the old band. Or Axl and future plans. Slash on the other hand, wrote a book about all that.

Ok, let's break it down

Slash

- Plays 105-135 minutes

Fixed.

I'll fix CD if you fix everything Slash has done since his departure. Deal?

Ok, let's break it down

Slash

- Plays 105-135 minutes

Fixed.

No... unfortunately I don't have the power to fix things like you :( Anyway I'm pretty satisfied with what Slash has done since 1994, except maybe for She Mine.

Ok, let's break it down

Slash

- Plays 105-135 minutes

Fixed.

You're confused. You're actually listing your opinions as facts and/or general consensus.

Oh and, incidently, "Refuses to talk about the only thing anybody wants to talk to him about" would be about Axl and a new album. Or Axl the old band. Or Axl and future plans. Slash on the other hand, wrote a book about all that.

My opinions are backed up by record and ticket sales. How about yours. Might want to look up the definition of "confused" because your view of reality is warped.

LOL Slash's book. Where do you see me denying that Axl won't talk about it again? Is it common grounds for Slash fans to put words in someone's mouth just so they have a chance at making a point?

Ok, let's break it down

Slash

- Plays 105-135 minutes

Fixed.

No... unfortunately I don't have the power to fix things like you :( Anyway I'm pretending that Slash has released something decent since 1994, except maybe for She Mine because not even my imagination is that great.

My fixing powers only apply to ignorant posts on forums. Like yours. You're welcome.

Can someone point out the post where someone says that Axl doesn't sell more than Slash? I can't find it.

Damn Smooth is punching at the air and thinks he's winning the fight or whatever.

You said he's doing better, I clarified it for anything you want to classify as better. We've been over this already. Is your short term memory honestly that fucked? If so, I apologize. I really feel bad if I'm dealing with the mentally challenged.

Can someone point out the post where someone says that Axl doesn't sell more than Slash? I can't find it.

Damn Smooth is punching at the air and thinks he's winning the fight or whatever.

You said he's doing better, I clarified it for anything you want to classify as better. We've been over this already. Is your short term memory honestly that fucked? If so, I apologize. I really feel bad if I'm dealing with the mentally challenged.

sane person: Slash is releasing live albums, Axl doesn't

DS: Yeah but GNR sell more tickets

sane person: Slash is releasing an album every 2 years, Axl every 20 years

sane person: Slash doesn't old grudges for 20 years

sane person: Slash doesn't call a woman 5 years older than him "mom"

etc

etc

ect

I don't think you understand what we're saying at all...

• Like 1