Eric Clapton

Snake-Pit

Layla

Eric Clapton... From Surrey. (Same county as me)...

Was in Pennsylvania, near Philadelphia, and I heard on the radio that Eric Clapton had nominated somewhere out there near Philadelphia I guess; As his American hometown. - That was cool.

Guest Len B'stard

He's the one drumming in the vid you just posted sir, the fella that put that band together :) Best drummer in the rock n roll history…also a local boy to you. Sort of a weird Ginger haired madman that loved drums, drugs and fist fights.

He's the one drumming in the vid you just posted sir, the fella that put that band together :) Best drummer in the rock n roll history…also a local boy to you. Sort of a weird Ginger haired madman that loved drums, drugs and fist fights.

Oh right... I read a pretty big article on that drummer in some back issue Rock/Guitar magazine I have.

I don't know where he's from; Jeff Beck's from Wallington, and that's on the border of this borough and Sutton and; Croydon still claims him.

Did you read that interview he did about a month with RS? I thought Axl Rose was the biggest wanker in rock. I was wrong.

Seriously Clapton can make crap music for the rest of his life and as long as he has Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs the dude will be remember as a legend. Seriously how many artist can claim to make a perfect album, Bell Bottom Blues just sounds so precise it's fucking brilliant.

Guest Len B'stard

He's the one drumming in the vid you just posted sir, the fella that put that band together :) Best drummer in the rock n roll historyalso a local boy to you. Sort of a weird Ginger haired madman that loved drums, drugs and fist fights.

Did you read that interview he did about a month with RS? I thought Axl Rose was the biggest wanker in rock. I was wrong.
I didnt no but Ginge is a fuckin titan, i do think hes a very difficult human being, what did he say or do in it?

I think Claptons a bigger dickhead than alll of em, for all Gingers bad points at least he is who/what he says he is and acts like, Clapton is a snide.

Edited by sugaraylen

He's the one drumming in the vid you just posted sir, the fella that put that band together :) Best drummer in the rock n roll historyalso a local boy to you. Sort of a weird Ginger haired madman that loved drums, drugs and fist fights.

I didnt no but Ginge is a fuckin titan, i do think hes a very difficult human being, what did he say or do in it?

I think Claptons a bigger dickhead than alll of em, for all Gingers bad points at least he is who/what he says he is and acts like, Clapton is a snide.

Base on what? How so?

Great guitar player, absolute dickhead of a human being.

It's funny, but i had him pegged the other way around: Nice guy, but boring-ass musician.

Guest Len B'stard

"I used to be into dope, now I’m into racism. It’s much heavier, man. Fucking wogs, man. Fucking Saudis taking over London. Bastard wogs. Britain is becoming overcrowded and Enoch will stop it and send them all back. The black wogs and coons and Arabs and fucking Jamaicans and fucking [indecipherable] don’t belong here, we don’t want them here. This is England, this is a white country, we don’t want any black wogs and coons living here. We need to make clear to them they are not welcome. England is for white people, man. We are a white country. I don’t want fucking wogs living next to me with their standards. This is Great Britain, a white country, what is happening to us, for fuck's sake? We need to vote for Enoch Powell, he’s a great man, speaking truth. Vote for Enoch, he’s our man, he’s on our side, he’ll look after us. I want all of you here to vote for Enoch, support him, he’s on our side. Enoch for Prime Minister! Throw the wogs out! Keep Britain white!"[124]

Edited by sugaraylen

"I used to be into dope, now I’m into racism. It’s much heavier, man. Fucking wogs, man. Fucking Saudis taking over London. Bastard wogs. Britain is becoming overcrowded and Enoch will stop it and send them all back. The black wogs and coons and Arabs and fucking Jamaicans and fucking [indecipherable] don’t belong here, we don’t want them here. This is England, this is a white country, we don’t want any black wogs and coons living here. We need to make clear to them they are not welcome. England is for white people, man. We are a white country. I don’t want fucking wogs living next to me with their standards. This is Great Britain, a white country, what is happening to us, for fuck's sake? We need to vote for Enoch Powell, he’s a great man, speaking truth. Vote for Enoch, he’s our man, he’s on our side, he’ll look after us. I want all of you here to vote for Enoch, support him, he’s on our side. Enoch for Prime Minister! Throw the wogs out! Keep Britain white!"[124]

He said that when he was completely drunk, he appolagized later. It's from a show in 1976, look it up. Everybody makes mistakes.

Now Ginger. That guy's just a complete asshole.

Holy shit, i just read up on it and had no idea (the initial racist tirade on stage was aug '76 but he even made comments in 2004 saying that some racist polititian Powell he supported at the time was brave etc), what a cunt. I knew he was sorry for his substance abuse and some related stupidity but didn't know about that.

He said that when he was completely drunk, he appolagized later. It's from a show in 1976, look it up. Everybody makes mistakes.

Yeah he was hammered and going through a really, really dark period. We all say stupid things, doesn't make us racist, prejudiced, bad people, etc.

Guest Len B'stard

I know where it's from and I've never heard or seen him apologise for it, if anything I've heard him try to do everything but. In a later interview in the 90s he was defending the politics of Enoch Powell. He said he was drunk but i've never heard him say sorry, not that i'd particularly want to or care to. Gingers a cunt yes but Ginger just is what he is, he isn't a phoney and a snide like Clapton.

Yeah he was hammered and going through a really, really dark period. We all say stupid things, doesn't make us racist, prejudiced, bad people, etc.

He defended the politics of Enoch Powell a lot more than just on that one instance onstage in the 70s and has made other comments since. And i didn't say he was a bad person, i just said he was a cunt and a racist, which is difficult to deny. Sorry. Ginger is what he is and make no apologises for it and has been more hammered and through more 'dark periods' than Clapton and done some pretty abhorrent shit but he is what he is and doesn't make no apologises for it, Gingers a straight up kinda guy, love him or loathe him, Claptons a prick and a phoney.

Stuff like that doesn't come out of nowhere, hammered or not hammered. Quite apart from apologising, he's actually tried to justify it.

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest Len B'stard

a phoney.

That's what i always think when i hear him try to growl like an old bluesman...

To me he just seems like a little white lad from the Surrey countryside that perfected a sort of mimicry but has exactly zero percent of the heart you have to put behind that sort of music to project it properly. And i do think he's a wonderful guitarist by the way. And i like his music, at least up until when he went solo. Bluesbreakers, Cream, even Blind Faith, really like em.

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest Len B'stard

At the same time though, does a person have to be flawless for you to be able to reconcile your emotional attachments to yourself? I agree with you on the principle but not for that reason, i just don't because why should I, to me they're just people that play songs that i like, some of em don't even play em well :lol: