Most embarrassing moment for Axl with newGnR?

gunnari

Most embarrassing moment?  

82 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The opening night of Bridge School is GNR's worst performance ever (mainly because Axl is such an important factor to the overall appeal of a GNR show).

That said, despite having a great purpose, it wasn't really the most high-profile opportunity modern day GNR have had at garnering public affection. Given that I was too young to appreciate the significance of the VMA "return", I would say Rio 2011. GNR had really built up momentum during prior touring.

I was stoked for Axl debuting new songs after finally touring Chinese Democracy in the manner he wanted to. It ultimately turned out that Axl was ill-prepared and tokenly played "Estranged" instead of clearly demonstrating the ambitions of the current line-up (by playing new songs).

Edited by NGOG

VMA's 2002 were awesome. Nobody I know in real life overanalyzes the fuck out of everything GNR like we do.

It was a fun performance with lots of energy from the band and the crowd. Nothing more...nothing less.

Not sure how much overanalysis there was, really.

"Hey, Axl looks pretty silly in the jersey and the dreads and he sure sounds like shit" is not overanalysis. It's being minimally fucking observant. All that is required are eyes and ears.

Edited by D-GenerationX

VMA's 2002 were awesome. Nobody I know in real life overanalyzes the fuck out of everything GNR like we do.

It was a fun performance with lots of energy from the band and the crowd. Nothing more...nothing less.

"Hey, Axl looks pretty silly in the jersey and the dreads and he sure sounds like shit" is not overanalysis. It's being minimally fucking observant. All that is required are eyes and ears.

Nobody thinks this in real life.

VMA WTTJ though played a good part in torpedoing New GNR right out of the gates.

That definitely was the worst way to launch the new Axl Band.
Whatever you never have anything good to say about Axl or GNR. Same old same old moreblack Zzzzzz......
Doesn't make him less right though.

I'd love to have more good things to say about new GnR. But sadly, Axl isn't giving me any. I consider that his fault rather than mine. I assume the same goes for moreblack.

Nobody thinks this in real life.

Unfortunately, they do.

Guys like you are CONSTANTLY complaining about it and how the general public views Axl...........but now you are saying that nobody thinks that in real life? Boy, the way you guys argue both sides of an argument is hilarious.

Moreblack doesn't bash Axl as much as you bash Slash.

To the general rock fan, Axl and GnR are a bit of a joke and punch line.

Axl could easily change that by releasing music. And not one album every 20 years.

He has blown several opportunities over the past decade. But he still has the talent and skills to make GnR relevant again. Just has to start releasing music. Maybe communicate with his fans a bit. Pretty simple stuff.

New album.

Box set.

Do some interviews.

Concert dvd

Tour