Most embarrassing moment for Axl with newGnR?

gunnari

Most embarrassing moment?  

82 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

All of the above? Sorry confusion over not seeing the option being selected...

But Rio and Bridge to me are equal.Axl had so much time off, he takes time off, shows up late to shows etc. Allegedly because he has to be perfect. He's a perfectionist. A bad show is acceptable from time to time especially when you perform as much as Axl does and you're under the pressure he does...

However, those two shows are unnacceptable. He had a ridiculous amount of time to prepare.

Wayne Gretzky won't come out of retirement out of shape. That's why he remained retired. Michael Jordan didn't come out of retirement and show up tot he Washington Wizards out of shape. I understand in a sense where Axl is coming from, but he is the franchise player. I understand the pressure he's under, but he is the franchise player. He could prepare and he doesn't Dj Ashba told Vince Neil that he doesn't prepare. That's my issue.

• Like 1

Bridge School WTTJ probably takes the cake. VMA WTTJ though played a good part in torpedoing New GNR right out of the gates.

Patience from the Bridge School was actually surprisingly OK. Kind of touching too, considering the audience.

Bridge School was the worst.

That has been the only performance I've watched and felt terrible for watching it.

Rock In Rio 2011 wasn't that bad. Lyrics were missed but other than that it was a decent show.

I agree completely. But the second day of Bridge School was a lot better than the first day.

Edited by SoulMonster

1. DJ Ashba

official: the guitarist to replace Robin Finck

reality: the actor to play Slash

2. Buckethead leaving

official: Buckethead is crazy

reality: the band is so fucked up they freaked out a guy who wears a KFC bucket and hockey mask on stage and records his music in a chicken coop

3. Rock In Rio 2011

official: the rain

reality: take the paycheck and run, no rehearsals or warmups whatsoever

4. Dublin 2010

official: promoter sucked, some fans were drunk

reality: band pissed off their own fans so hard they threw bottles of actual piss on stage

5. Bridge School

official: strep throat

reality: no rehearsals or warmups

• Like 1

Either Rio 2011 or VMA's 2002. Both were extremely high profile failures.

Close third would be Bridge School. Dublin got them a lot of shit too.

Bucket leaving was not embarrassing imo. Most people that weren't following GnR closely didn't even know let alone care. To me public exposure is a big factor in this.

Then there were the fiasco's of the 2001 tour that never happened and the 2002 tour that was cut short.

Those two choices are ridiculous.

Outside of GNR forums, no one has ever seen either the RIR 2011 clip or that acoustic show. They gets posted by the butthurt on said forums as some sort of insult to anyone they feel isn't joining them with pitchforks and torches to storm Axl's castle and demand he re-unite the band.

On the other hand, the MTV VMAs in 2002 was a national broadcast. And it was the first impression Axl got to make for his new crew. And THAT was a total disaster.

• Like 2

Guest cbgnr666

How bout Tokyo 91.Just the fact that they were officially released takes the cake from all incarnations of the band.How many people, especially casuals bought them suckers and quickly buried them in their closets or even through them away because they were so brutally awful.I wouldn't sit down and subject my worst enemy to those shows unless they were deaf.