At this point are we mainly here to see how New GNR ends?

Randy Lahey

That seems too grim. Even for me. I still sort of want them to function. And succeed. They won't though. But I stick around anyway.

I know what you mean. For me, it's like watching Tyson at the end of his boxing career. Axl's heart doesn't seem to be in it anymore. I wish he could find a way to retire GNR and move on as a solo artist.

Edited by Randy Lahey

"How it ends".... really, really?

There's nothing to support the premise here though. Real fans know that we are going to get the rest of the Chinese Democracy sessions... in 5 to 10 years. And despite what some people might say, they'll be able to continue to tour all around the world.

Axl will continue to operate in the time-does-not-have-meaning mode. We haven't seen the last of him with newGuns though.

Guest Len B'stard

We're the audience for the last days of Rome. Bands never explode do they though? They just sort of splutter and peter out. I feel all emotional now :lol:

Real fans know that we are going to get the rest of the Chinese Democracy sessions...

Good luck waiting for that "real fan". :lol:

Seriously though, get off your "I'm a better fan that you people" high horse.

Interestingly, you didn't quote the rest of the sentence, thereby changing the context so you could whip out that handy response. However, I do believe we are going to get more heretofore unreleased music. So there.

I have faith. Believe it or not, my faith may be shaken just as anyone else's. But I still believe.

Ye of little faith.

Edited by metaforcesaber

Interestingly, you didn't quote the rest of the sentence, thereby changing the context so you could whip out that handy response.

5 to 10 years my ass. Not while Axl is alive.You might have even said 10 to 20, it wouldn't change my views.

However, I do believe we are going to get more heretofore unreleased music.

We will. Just not from officially and not from Guns n' Roses. I'm not going to give Captain Redbeard credit for anything that leaks along the way.

At this point are we mainly here to see how New GNR ends? It's sort of like we've been watching this tv show for years, and even though the show isn't that good anymore, we still want to see how it ends since we've been following it for so long.

Nah. I am here because the band is still massively entertaining, on so many levels, and I don't believe it will end soon.

IMO without the forecast of a reunion, it'd be better for Axl to simply put on hold his 'Gn'R' and just do what he does best - create music and perform with whomever he'd like to (like Slash does) without all the pressure and weight that comes from insisting on carrying the Gn'R name. He'd be just a happier person and it'd bring out the best out of him. The media and the Gn'R fans would also likely generally support that kind of scenario.

Edited by trqster
  • Like 1

There's never gonna be a new album released while Axl has a pulse. I've never been more confident of anything in my entire life. Only chance is if it's milked after Axl dies and the label probably wouldn't get to that until they're done milking whatever they can from the '87-'93 heyday, if ever.

At this point, yeah, I continue to keep tabs because of the hilarious soap opera Axl has turned this into, and I'm curious to see how this ends and what exactly ends it.

It's too late for a reunion. That ship has sailed. The other guys are still out there kicking ass but Axl has aged visibly and his voice is shit. It's over. Accept it.

He's also not gonna be on stage for much longer. He pissed away the best decade of his life hiding in his mansion. It's so sad he didn't decide to embrace touring until he was 50. Too little, too late.

If there is any unheard music, (and I'm of the opinion that there can't possibly be more than 12 songs in the vault with any kind of recorded vocals at all) we will only hear it if someone steals it and leaks it, or if it's released posthumously. If Axl wanted us to hear music, we could have it instantly. There is only one reason that we haven't heard any new music from Axl in 5 years: he doesn't want us to. Period.

How does new GNR end? It already ended. It ended with a whimper.

• Like 2

It's too late for a reunion. That ship has sailed. The other guys are still out there kicking ass but Axl has aged visibly and his voice is shit. It's over. Accept it.

He's also not gonna be on stage for much longer. He pissed away the best decade of his life hiding in his mansion. It's so sad he didn't decide to embrace touring until he was 50. Too little, too late.

If there is any unheard music, (and I'm of the opinion that there can't possibly be more than 12 songs in the vault with any kind of recorded vocals at all) we will only hear it if someone steals it and leaks it, or if it's released posthumously. If Axl wanted us to hear music, we could have it instantly. There is only one reason that we haven't heard any new music from Axl in 5 years: he doesn't want us to. Period.

How does new GNR end? It already ended. It ended with a whimper.

Yup.

Let's say Axl decides to throw in the towel, but before that the band tours the world one last time, playing to sold out venues and performing a 10-song setlist. You win a fan contest and get to pick the songs that'll be performed every night. What songs would you pick and in what order. The 10 songs include the encore BTW.

Guest Len B'stard

1) Welcome to the House of Fun - Madness

2) My Old Mans a Dustman - Lonnie Donegan

3) Fings Ain't What They Used to Be - Max Bygraves

4) Mothers Lament - Cream

5) If I Thought You'd Ever Change Your Mind - Cilla Black

6) Message Understood - Shandie Shaw

7) Boiled Beef And Carrots - Harry Champion

8) Burlington Bertie from Bow - Ella Sheilds

9) My Old Man (said follow the van) - Marie Lloyd

10) Always Look On the Brightside of Life - Eric Idle

I could see CD as the final album, Prostitute as the farewell song.

But who knows, maybe this is only the beginning. In 10 years we'll have CD II and be waiting for a new record.

I truly feel sorry for people that still actually believe this.

OK, I like this. Cause it's not "what's your dream setlist?" or "what tracks should be on a single UYI disc?" or other retreads.

This would be the LAST ever time Axl performs live, so it shouldn't be what WE, the hardcore fans want, but what's a fitting representation of GNR. And guess what? No CD songs would possibly make the cut in the public's mind. Basically, you'd have to have their 10 biggest hits. So yeah, Estranged is my favorite, but no way in hell does a casual listener who remembers GNR from MTV in the 90s wanna hear Estranged for ten minutes.

1. WTTJ

2. Brownstone

3. LALD

4. Patience

5. KOHD

6. YCBM

7. November Rain

8. SCOM

9. Nightrain

10. PC

It would pretty much have to be those, with Brownstone and Nightrain being the only possible variants to be swapped out....the other 8 are essential to what the general public would consider a GNR concert. Maybe even put Don't Cry in there, but it's already kinda ballad heavy. But it has to be, cause those are the biggest hits.