At this point are we mainly here to see how New GNR ends?

Randy Lahey

I still reckon there's a chance Axl will put out another GNR record. I'm not exactly holding my breath waiting for it though....

And it's NEVER too late for a reunion. As long as all the original members are still alive and kicking the demand will always be there.

I still reckon there's a chance Axl will put out another GNR record. I'm not exactly holding my breath waiting for it though....

And it's NEVER too late for a reunion. As long as all the original members are still alive and kicking the demand will always be there.

Axl's hatred for Slash is just too deep. He's just too stubborn to ever see his side of the blame. It'll never happen.

Axl's hatred for Slash is just too deep. He's just too stubborn to ever see his side of the blame. It'll never happen.

I agree it's more than likely never going to happen. But I'm just saying, in terms of public demand that ship will never sail until either Axl or Slash die.

Edited by Towelie

If you have to ask why you're here, you probably shouldn't be. Why doesn't common sense smack you upside the head with that fact itself?

Speaking for myself I had a different mindset when I first registered here.

Initially, even though I don't agree with Axl disguising his solo venture as "Guns N' Roses", and disagreed with a lot of what he's done, I still loved him as a musician (still do), and still had hope he'd do something with the rest of his career.

Some time after Rio '11, that changed, and with everything that's happened since, believing in him releasing and touring behind a new album has (sadly) become just as laughable as believing in Santa Claus. Still believing in a reunion is even more laughable. If either of those things happen somehow, I'll be down to still give it a fair chance, but right now it seems more likely to be attacked by a shark and struck by lightning at the exact same time.

Now it's hilarious the soap opera clusterfuck that "GNR" has been ruined into that attracts me to keep tabs. I'm curious to see how it ends after all this time. Pretty much exactly how I feel about Sons Of Anarchy at this point.

Edited by Bobbo

Fuck no. I'm here mainly cause I love Chinese and I want to hear the rest of it. I would also love to hear a record from the current line up, but that's just not very realistic imo.

I don't think Guns is going to end for at least a decade. I hope Axl will keep it alive for as long as he can.

I could see CD as the final album, Prostitute as the farewell song.

But who knows, maybe this is only the beginning. In 10 years we'll have CD II and be waiting for a new record.

I truly feel sorry for people that still actually believe this.

I don't think anyone is really betting the house on it?

2020. They laughed about it, wonder if they laughing now.

It's already over. Axl should come to the realization that the vision he had for a new GNR has failed. It's ok though, we all make mistakes, but it's not too late to make things right again. Do what Black Sabbath did recently. Make a new album with the old guys, there's no need to try to make the greatest album of all time, just make a record together and tour. Not that hard to do.

Even if he decided to put out a new record with the current line up it would take years....like 5+...unless he just released the CD session leftovrs... Think about how long CD took to get done. I'm guessingAxl will fade away again ala the lost years from 1994-2000.

It is not over as long as the band is active. You might not like this activity but convincing yourself something is over just because it is without value to you, is kinda silly. What is over, though, is you being a fan.

I don't believe for a second that Dj or BBF or any of the guys in the current band can come up with music that will inspire Axl. I'm not blaming the band, don't get me wrong, but add that to the fact that Axl is lazy and I think we can asume that it's over. The "best" Axl will do is tour the greatest hits till he's 70. Seing Axl with a bunch of no name play the songs I love doesn't interest me. He should really consider making an album with the real band. I don't believe it will happen but that would definitely be the best.

Unless Ron gets sacked (which I doubt, as Axl probably doesn't want to deal with the hassle of replacing yet another member unless he absolutely has to), he'll probably stay until he's satisfied with how his bank account looks.

I think he wanted to make a name for himself by making a noteworthy song in "GNR's" catalog, and this was probably the best opportunity he'll probably ever have at making himself a "well known". But I think at this point, even he realizes that ship has sailed. I think he's just waiting for those numbers to add up to a comfortable ammount before flipping Axl the bird, and cutting tides for good.

And I do think he's right around that point...

The last GNR record sold 3 million. They're always a shoe-in to sell out high-profile venues in several major markets - namely the UK, wider Europe and South America.

We're certainly not close to the epilogue.

Edited by NGOG
  • Like 1

The last GNR record sold 3 million. They're always a shoe-in to sell out high-profile venues in several major markets - namely the UK, wider Europe and South America.

We're certainly not close to the epilogue.

Tired excuse. The album was always going to sell a significant amount of copies upon it's release no matter what.

Why do you think Best Buy paid the album's fucking budget to get exclusive rights to the album? So they could only sell half of the copies they bought upfront? :lol:

The same anticipation is not attached to a new nu release. At all.

It is not over as long as the band is active. You might not like this activity but convincing yourself something is over just because it is without value to you, is kinda silly. What is over, though, is you being a fan.

I don't believe for a second that Dj or BBF or any of the guys in the current band can come up with music that will inspire Axl. I'm not blaming the band, don't get me wrong, but add that to the fact that Axl is lazy and I think we can asume that it's over. The "best" Axl will do is tour the greatest hits till he's 70. Seing Axl with a bunch of no name play the songs I love doesn't interest me. He should really consider making an album with the real band. I don't believe it will happen but that would definitely be the best.

Yet many of these guys (Chris, Dizzy and Richard) seem to have inspired him for creating the music that ended up on CD :/. So unless Axl has changed, or their talents have dropped, you are wrong. As for Bumblefoot or Dj specifically. I think you are wrong there, too. I have no massive love for either of them as musicians, but what makes Axl such a brilliant musician is his ability to take...well, mediocre melodies and song structures and elevate them into great music. And I am confident Bumblefoot and Dj can create something mediocre.

Edited by SoulMonster

If you have to ask why you're here, you probably shouldn't be. Why doesn't common sense smack you upside the head with that fact itself?

Speaking for myself I had a different mindset when I first registered here.

Initially, even though I don't agree with Axl disguising his solo venture as "Guns N' Roses", and disagreed with a lot of what he's done, I still loved him as a musician (still do), and still had hope he'd do something with the rest of his career.

Some time after Rio '11, that changed, and with everything that's happened since, believing in him releasing and touring behind a new album has (sadly) become just as laughable as believing in Santa Claus. Still believing in a reunion is even more laughable. If either of those things happen somehow, I'll be down to still give it a fair chance, but right now it seems more likely to be attacked by a shark and struck by lightning at the exact same time.

Now it's hilarious the soap opera clusterfuck that "GNR" has been ruined into that attracts me to keep tabs. I'm curious to see how it ends after all this time. Pretty much exactly how I feel about Sons Of Anarchy at this point.

Well good, at least you know why you're here. I was speaking to Randy though, because I can really live without his stupid questions if he can't figure it out and has to ask.

I could see CD as the final album, Prostitute as the farewell song.

But who knows, maybe this is only the beginning. In 10 years we'll have CD II and be waiting for a new record.

Even though I kind of already knew that, reading someone say Prostitute is the farewell song...wow. I mean that fits so well.

So bloody dramatic, Rose Is Shopping for a New Label Deal

Geffen released Chinese Democracy via an exclusive deal with Best Buy that was a total bust. But Axl isn't done with the label system just yet. "Once I get the next things sorted out with the label, then I feel I can get to that creative place that I've been fighting to get to, and to use Guns N' Roses to do so," he said, later adding, "We're gonna be busy — we're gonna be busy all next year. We'll be putting out new stuff as soon as we can figure out what our deal is with labels, blah blah blah."

that's the last we heard from Axl about the new material... it seems that the record label is either not willing to release the new album or they are proposing things to Axl that he deems to be unhelpful so he's waiting for the label to give him an offer he can't refuse.

In some ways I think his head is stuck back in the 90s, GnR do not have the same clout with record companies that they used to - when they had geffen by the short and curlys with the use your illusion albums that worked as they were the biggest band in the world... today however...

one thing the above comment cements is that he does have intentions of releasing new music, but he wants it on his terms!

Edited by Tom2112