How do you see Ashba's comment of new album today?

gunnari

DJ just made an off-the-cuff remark.

He has no idea how long another album will take. No-one does, including Axl.

I think even Axl talked about how the next one wouldn't take as long bcos those factors have been resolved…but I really think the industry has changed. It's not only GNR that are taking longer between records. It's just CD was some kind precursor to this kind of thing, for different reasons. So you have a fan base still living in the 90s, going where's the record, reunion or die. Labels put out Deluxe editions to prolong the touring of 360 bands or just get more mileage out the cd. Then a dvd or blu ray market is pretty healthy.

It's a strange situation, back in 2004 the label threatened the band to deliver CD or they'd release GH. That's 5 years after it was done in some form. Right now, it's about 5 years since CD. Maybe in 5 more years the label will be looking for something from GNR??

This "band" should operate like it's only real member + team brazil have advised them to do: do not talk about the new album and do not talk about Axl. Only Axl can talk about these matters, if he wants do (does not want to).

Then we could no info, but at least we would not get any false info like this nice little "promise" from DJ Ca$$h'bah

Maybe Axl thinks CD2 needs more tinkering

It's a shame that Axl seems to have so many barriers stopping him releasing music like regular artists

Even those regular artists are stumbling right now, it's weird the world is getting more on Axl time by the second.

It's a shame that Axl seems to have so many barriers stopping him releasing music like regular artists

Even those regular artists are stumbling right now, it's weird the world is getting more on Axl time by the second.

I found this rather interesting you might want to check it out

I found this rather interesting you might want to check it out

Sure! :wub:

I'm surprised most of you don't understand why DJ talks so much about a new GNR album.

He knows there will never be another GNR album, and this way, there's a record of DJ talking about how much he wants to do a new GNR album. So, when he eventually leaves GNR (or gets fired), he can say that he tried so hard to get another GNR album out, but Axl just wouldn't do it. It makes DJ look better and gives him better post GNR prospects.

There's no videos of bucket head saying how much he wants to do more GNR albums, or how he can't wait to get back in the studio with Axl. And so, Axl is able to publicly slag bucket head. Axl won't be able to publicly slag DJ for being lazy once he inevitably fires him.

"It won't take as long I promise"

This is a rather low bar though, no?

The last one took 17 years in real time. More like 9 years if you want to pinpoint when work actually began.

So, by this rationale, an album that comes out after "only" 7 years is progress, I suppose.

"It won't take as long I promise"

This is a rather low bar though, no?

The last one took 17 years in real time. More like 9 years if you want to pinpoint when work actually began.

So, by this rationale, an album that comes out after "only" 7 years is progress, I suppose.

2015 is kinda awkward. 2020 is way more futuristic.