How do you see Ashba's comment of new album today?

gunnari

So let's do the math here. How many years do we have left before his statement becomes incorrect? Yeup, he's a real liar alright! :jerkoff:

He's a liar because he didn't know then and he doesn't know now when or indeed if a new album will ever be released.

• Like 1

So let's do the math here. How many years do we have left before his statement becomes incorrect? Yeup, he's a real liar alright! :jerkoff:

He's a liar because he didn't know then and he doesn't know now when or indeed if a new album will ever be released.

I think that when he joined Axl probably sold him a load of bs about wanting to work on a new album, who knows how long it took him to realise that it was bs

According to Ulrich:

METALLICA's Lars Ulrich has acknowledged in a new interview with U.K.'s Kerrang! magazine that the band's next studio album is unlikely to arrive before 2015 at the earliest. The drummer explained:

"Obviously, there are a lot of people asking where the next record is. We're going to make another record, but like I said before, we don't really feel this kind of… what's the word? I guess 'responsibility' is probably the right word. We don't feel this inherent responsibility to just churn out records whenever people want them. [Adopts a sarcastic voice] 'I'm sorry! Let me slap myself on the wrists and go make a record for you!' We'll get 'round to it again."

Asked about a possible release date for METALLICA's next CD, Ulrich replied:

"Actually, we know the date… no, we don't! If I was betting on this, I would say 2015 — that's where my money is. So if you think of the actual age of this planet, if it's been 75 billion years since dinosaurs walked the Earth or whatever, then one year is basically a blink of an eye, right?"

Source

Metallica is thinking about releasing a new album next year. Both DM and CD were released in 08.

Yes but they've also released EPs, movies, DVDs, bonus tracks, etc since the release. Not the same at all.

Indeed, Metallica fans got loads of bones thrown at them.

Metallica is thinking about releasing a new album next year. Both DM and CD were released in 08.

Yes but they've also released EPs, movies, DVDs, bonus tracks, etc since the release. Not the same at all.

that is true, but i thought we were talking about a new record.

Im a metallica fan, check their channel in youtube, is full of great stuff.

But since 08 GNR give us for free most of the livestream proshot, soundboard recordings stuff too, but in a very messed up way.

Fuck artists today... all they care is for touring and easy life and partying from city to city... they couldn't care less about the art of making music...

I'm of the opinion that no matter how establish a band or artist is, the label should always pressure the artists into working on new stuff.

As normal people, we get pressured to sell this number of cars per day if you work at a car dealer. Pressured to make 60 calls a day if you're in a call center. Pressured to send a number of letters if you working in correspondence.

People are pressured to do things at their own jobs, and so should musicians. They should have deadlines are more strict scheduling for studio time. Whether they're worth pennies or millions of dollars. Labels should have deal with the artist, where if the artist didn't deliver an album every 2 or 3 years, they would by contract be able to release something for them... and when i say something, it can be a greatest hits, dvd, live album, remix cd, footage of whatever they have to protect they assets and their investment on the artist.

Edited by AndreCC
  • Like 1

Makes you wonder what is going on within the GnR family.

Beta, Axl and current band members, as well as outsiders have all talked about ALL this music that Axl has in his possession.

But he has only released one album of original material in the last 20 years.

What is the story?

Bands like Metallica go overboard in sharing their music (and music related items) with their fans. But Axl has the opposite approach.

Why does he choose to NOT share his music with his millions of fans?

Well that's what Axl said too. That the next album will come out sooner than CD. And it probably will. So what if Ashba said that 3 years ago? It took a hell of a lot longer than 3 years to release CD. Of course it's a bit weird of Ashba to promise anything since the release of CD2 isn't really in his hands, but whatever...

I bet with Lou Reed's passing, people are going to reevaluate "Lulu", I can't see Metallica not doing any songs from it.

Were people really assuming DJ had any clue if GNR were working on new music? Axl played him the unreleased stuff once and he gave some opinions about it, which is pretty much what he did with "Chinese Democracy".

Edited by dalsh327

I bet with Lou Reed's passing, people are going to reevaluate "Lulu", I can't see Metallica not doing any songs from it.

But there're some cool tunes on it. Iced Honey, Cheat On Me, Dragon. I like them better than any song off Death Magnetic. It would be cool if they added some of these songs to their setlist sometime.

I've always wondered if Axl pays these guys extra to lie?

Honestly, I'm completely fine with never getting another GNR album, especially if that GNR album means Axl's shot vocals on top of music that was created by a group of guys who have never found any real success on their own merit. I say keep it locked away in whatever imaginary vault that it supposedly lies in. Something tells me that the world isn't missing anything.

I don't think Dj's intention was to lie. Ultimately, he does want to make new music. He recorded his own version of better than it "accidentally" leaked and it sounds great!

I think the problem is Axl and team Brazil enabling. I really believe that the band wants to release stuff and prove themselves. But Axl doesn't want to because Axl feels he has nothing to prove, and the world revolves around him.

Sad, really.

I never really took it seriously took it seriously to begin with.

Ashba has no control over what happens when, and shouldn't have been making promises like that in the first place.

I do agree with this point. On the other hand wasn't Axl saying the same stuff? "You won't have to wait as long?" kind of stuff right?

Idk. Even I give Dj a hard time but it's not like he has a say..it's part of the reason guys like Brain, Bucket, and Finck didn't stick around. Just release the material already Axl. He's not going to sell millions of records but he can continue to keep his fans entertained.