If you could pick a rock star to mentor Axl, who would you pick?

Randy Lahey

I don't really like Bruce's music. Find it extremely boring.

BUT with that said, I'd love for Axl to spend a few weeks or months with Bruce. He would learn so much!

That's ok, nobody is perfect. ;) But yeah, he would. Regardless of how anyone feels about Bruce's music the guy is very productive, an animal on stage, plays loads of rarities and has a huge variety in his sets, seems to love what he does, very good to his fans and he always gives 110%. To me the guy covers all the bases really.

I don't really like Bruce's music. Find it extremely boring.

BUT with that said, I'd love for Axl to spend a few weeks or months with Bruce. He would learn so much!

That's ok, nobody is perfect. ;) But yeah, he would. Regardless of how anyone feels about Bruce's music the guy is very productive, an animal on stage, plays loads of rarities and has a huge variety in his sets, seems to love what he does, very good to his fans and he always gives 110%. To me the guy covers all the bases really.

100% agree

My initial reaction was Roger Waters. Then I thought about it and I remembered that it took Roger forever to let go of the Pink Floyd stuff. At least he was productive during the 80s and the very beginning of the 90s though.

I've always thought Rog' and Axl are very similar. They seem to have a few of the same strengths, but also the same weaknesses. Like you said, Roger was quite resentful for many years towards anything Pink Floyd. I think it wasn't until In The Flesh when he started to let all that go. I admire a lot of things about him, but I don't think he'd compliment Axl well in terms of one being good in areas the other has difficulties with. On the other hand, maybe he would be great because of some similar band-experiences. I'm not sure.

• Like 1

My initial reaction was Roger Waters. Then I thought about it and I remembered that it took Roger forever to let go of the Pink Floyd stuff. At least he was productive during the 80s and the very beginning of the 90s though.

I've always thought Rog' and Axl are very similar. They seem to have a few of the same strengths, but also the same weaknesses. Like you said, Roger was quite resentful for many years towards anything Pink Floyd. I think it wasn't until In The Flesh when he started to let all that go. I admire a lot of things about him, but I don't think he'd compliment Axl well in terms of one being good in areas the other has difficulties with. On the other hand, maybe he would be great because of some similar band-experiences. I'm not sure.

Exactly my thoughts. The more I think on it, the more I can come up with a huge list or pro's and con's for the that idea.

John Fogerty would be another excellent choice. He was actually more bitter than Axl at one point. John wouldn't even play one last time with his own brother who was dying of aids.

How does that make him a good mentor for Axl then? Haha.

John Fogerty would be another excellent choice. He was actually more bitter than Axl at one point. John wouldn't even play one last time with his own brother who was dying of aids.

Because he's managed to overcome his bitterness about the past.

Noel Gallagher. Put up with this kind of shit of his little brother. If Axl hates Slash i'd imagine he would lasted a week in a band with Liam :D But Noel managed to keep his band together and released 8 albums in 14 years and came out of it as a most level headed funny geezer :thumbsup:oasis.jpg?w=650&h=451&crop=1#038;h=712

For vocal range and dexterity as well as keeping your music varied : Robert Plant

For showing you how to merchandise the shit out of your band : Gene Simmons

For getting your gig on with guys you really dont particularly like but are essential to the concept: Mick Jagger

Because he's managed to overcome his bitterness about the past.
I'm not so sure. He found his joy in performing CCR material again (thankfully), but I'm not sure if he's overcome the resentment. And he obviously hasn't made up with his brother. I like Fogerty a lot, but I'm not sure it'd match with Axl.

For showing you how to merchandise the shit out of your band : Gene Simmons

I do NOT want Guns n' Roses Hello Kitty! <_< Edited by username