YouTube views. What do they tell us?

John Bonham

I hope that the people making fun of Slash cause he played in Ribfest are well aware that Axl played in a bowling alley recently. And the guy owns the name Guns n' Roses.

A one off bowling alley show at $100 plus for tickets or a normal career path Ribfest show at $15 a ticket? Tough choice, I just can't decide who I'd rather be. :shrugs:

Yeah, cause Slash plays Ribfest regularly. HAHAHA I fucking love this forum.

I hope that the people making fun of Slash cause he played in Ribfest are well aware that Axl played in a bowling alley recently. And the guy owns the name Guns n' Roses.

A one off bowling alley show at $100 plus for tickets or a normal career path Ribfest show at $15 a ticket? Tough choice, I just can't decide who I'd rather be. :shrugs:

Just because it's not named Ribfest doesn't make it any better. Thanks for proving me right about the lack of common sense here though, you're most definitely a shining example.

Just because it's not named Ribfest doesn't make it any better. Thanks for proving me right about the lack of common sense here though, you're most definitely a shining example.

HAHAHAHAHA, fuck, I love how you insult people who expose your stupidity. Don't ruin this thread please, stop quoting me.

HAHAHAHAHA, fuck, I love how you insult people who expose your stupidity. Don't ruin this thread please, stop quoting me.

Or? You'll cry like always? Big fucking deal, you'll be crying about reality regardless of what I do. It's the only thing you're good at. :shrugs:

So what have we established here?

Oh right, the old band is more popular. Did I really have to suffer through that bloated opening post to come to this utterly NOT-profound conclusion? No, because everyone already knows it.

Not only the old band, but also Slash + Myles. That was interesting to find out.

Or? You'll cry like always? Big fucking deal, you'll be crying about reality regardless of what I do. It's the only thing you're good at. :shrugs:

Or nothing. I'm just saying to go back on topic and not ruin this thread.

Oh right, the old band is more popular. Did I really have to suffer through that bloated opening post to come to this utterly NOT-profound conclusion? No, because everyone already knows it.

Not only the old band, but also Slash + Myles. That was interesting to find out.

Indeed. I'm glad now that Myles got to perform at the HOF.

Or nothing. I'm just saying to go back on topic and not ruin this thread.

So you're actually dumb enough to try and argue that playing in front of 2,000 people at Ribfest for $15 a ticket is worse than playing for 2,000 people at the local civic center for $15 a ticket. You're stupidity doesn't have any boundaries, does it?

Edited by Damn_Smooth
  • Like 1

Once again;

You guys are more than capable of making your arguments without insulting each other. Both sides of the fence need to stop resorting to name calling.

Or the mods could simply ban the two people who are trying their hardest to cupcake the same stupid arguments over and over and over again. But the mods would have to grow some balls. Good luck.

In the meantime, people shouldn't be stupid enough to reply to wfuckinga.

According to Nielson Soundscan CD sold 614,000 copies in the US as opposed to Contrabands 2.9 million.

Holy shit! Never realised the difference was that big.

I was really surprised how few albums Contraband sold worldwide as well. Chinese Democracy really wiped the floor with Contraband on a global scale.

According to Nielson Soundscan CD sold 614,000 copies in the US as opposed to Contrabands 2.9 million.

I was really surprised how few albums Contraband sold worldwide as well. Chinese Democracy really wiped the floor with Contraband on a global scale.

Can you share the numbers?

Can you share the numbers?

Oh... no, I wouldn't want to embarrass you or your cronies here. I'm quite sure you have the requisite google skills to decide whether you want to call bullshit on what I said or not. Go for it, slick.

Yeah, they were a huge success, thanks EXCLUSIVELY to Scott, right lolcano? :D

That's right. Take away Scott and you have a Poison like 80's cover band.

Do what now?

Take away Scott and what you're left with is 3 strong members of the UYI crew.

• Like 1

YouTube doesn't mean shit, it's record sales that matter. Slash hasn't even hit gold since leaving VR, and VR was pushed to platinum status with Scott Weiland.

Yeah cause music is all about sales. You're such a dumb kid. Yes it's against the rules but I had to say it. Almost every of your interventions are dumb.
Uncalled for personal attack. Reported.

YouTube doesn't mean shit, it's record sales that matter.

Welcome to 1995!

Record sales mean more than YouTube videos.

YouTube doesn't mean shit, it's record sales that matter. Slash hasn't even hit gold since leaving VR, and VR was pushed to platinum status with Scott Weiland.

hahaha You realize Axl has the Guns N' Roses name to boost sales right. I'd love to see your GOD Axl Rose have the fucking balls to release an album without using the GnR name. And whata fucking load of shit saying VR was pushed to platimun thanks to Scott. You and you kliq are fucking insane and dellusional. how do you manage simple day to day life?
Uncalled for personal attack. Reported. Scott Weiland was Velvet Revolver, it's why they haven't done shit since ge left, he can not be replaced. And I manage simple day to day life by living it and not calling 19 year olds fucking insane and delusional.

Here's why.

Search Guns N' Roses on Youtube in 2008. You already have a huge palette of results with millions of views a piece. For Axl's new music to breach that wall would be a heavy task when the already established videos are the first things to pop up in the results for "Guns N' Roses". Slash videos don't have to deal with that, at least not to anywhere near that degree.

And I mean, you can call him more popular all you want, but the fact remains that he plays 3000 seat theaters for 20 bucks a ticket while Axl can still pull in a (comparatively) respectable 8k in the worst scenarios and still fill arenas in opportune places at $100+ a ticket.

But nah, Youtube stats. :rofl-lol:

ribfest

This, +1. I was 9th row for Slash for 35 dollars, in the Florida Theatre. Tiny venue off Forsyth st in Jacksonville, FL. Axl would play the stadium in Jacksonville, and bring in a respectable number. And Axl wouldn't play Ribfest. He'd play Donnington or Download, and actually headline the concert, unlike Slash, who opened for Mötley Crüe.

Starlight 2010 has more views than This I Love 2009. That's an apples to apples comparison.

Are you adding the views of all the different This I Loves and all the different Starlights, or are you comparing one video to one video?
he's comparing a proshot officially released video to a bootleg of a show in japan
A horrible quality bootleg at that. Not even a fair comparison.

Yeah, they were a huge success, thanks EXCLUSIVELY to Scott, right lolcano? :D

That's right. Take away Scott and you have a Poison like 80's cover band.

Do what now?

Take away Scott and what you're left with is 3 strong members of the UYI crew.

2 Examples

Let's say Axl is fired from GNR in 1994 -

We would have 8 GNR albums of 80's cock rock

An unknown singer joins VR -

We would not have Scott's alternative and experimental influence..hence we get 80's cock rock

It's amazing how Slash plays much smaller venues than NuNu and still is this Rock Icon everyone loves and talks about. Kudos to Slash!

If everyone loved him he wouldn't be playing super small venues.

The bowling alley gig was a special one off for fans. Ribfest was a serious gig for Slash's band. That was a major festival to them.