YouTube views. What do they tell us?

John Bonham

Whats next, is he going to be a judge in idol?

Very possible

Yeah we can see the excitment in people faces...lol

Dude who knows what time exactly the pic was taken? Was it during someone else's set? Between sets? During Dizzy's solo?

Monster Truck were awesome also

Edit: I was kind of shocked how many fans Dizzy has (people kept yelling his name) and how popular Dj is with the fans.

I didn't interview people, people were just talking, and I tell you a lot of people were disapointed, I'm sure a lot of people enjoyed it, but that's what it is. This was not a GNR show, if it were the crowd would have been 8000 people (I'm being generous). There were 70 000 people there, a lot of people who are not fans, those people saw a guy hiding under a hat and singing like an impersonator. I'm sorry I wish it was different.
I feel bitterness in your "review"
Will see next time he comes then. I predict 3000 people will attend. That show did more damage than anything.
Hopefully the new colisée will be opened by then.

I hope your not basing your thoughts on the review The Journal de Quebec did? Just like the Journal de Montréal they are shit disturbers. They give bad reviews to every band even Metallica.

Bitter fan that can't accept the fact Guns N' Roses is better than ever. Slash ain't comin' back, give it up
Okay

but Izzy, can you elaborate why GNR is better than ever?

Axl barely sing good nowadays, no new music, just the same old tour with mostly classic GNR material...

dafuq man?

I've seen better cupcakes than you in this forum...

There're no embarrassing gigs unless it's Adolf Hitler who invites you to play a gig for Waffen SS in Auschwitz.

How about a reunion gig in hell?

"not in this lifetime" :headbang:

Axl fanatics continue to turna blind eye to the FACT, the mother fucking FACT that Axl tours under the name Guns N' Roses and promotes tours on the foundation of classic Guns N' Roses songs. Even to the embarrasing extent the'r Appetite for democracy used AFD art work. Slash tours under the foundation of his solo work. Wouldn't expect Axl fans to grasp this though as a major reason why axl has bigger toruing numbers as GUNS N ROSES as compared to Slash's touring numbers based on his solo career. Common sense, something so many of you are clearly void of.

Bitter fan that can't accept the fact Guns N' Roses is better than ever. Slash ain't comin' back, give it up

That isn't even an honest opinion. That is nothng more than some bored person who has nothing better to do than cupcake a site looking for reactions. I'm convinced now more than ever that this site has about a dozen of you who have created fake personalities and simply post absolute garbage and nonsense for the fun of getting reactions. None of you clowns actually believe this. Guns N Roses is better now than ever? Fuck right off!

• Like 2

Oh sane folk of myGNR...why bother?

It's done.

The numbers have spoken.

The world won't drink Axl's cool aid..

Only a few down here have.

Leave them to it, its probably too late for most of them to climb down.

GNR must be the only band that has been around for 8 years with a line up that hasn't released any music that actually has fans who prefer that line up to the original line up that made them fans in the first place.

Its like seeing a wedding band play Sweet Child O' Mine and deciding to follow them instead of the real thing...hold on..wedding band...

• Like 1

There're no embarrassing gigs unless it's Adolf Hitler who invites you to play a gig for Waffen SS in Auschwitz.

Or if you're Duff McKagan opening for Axl Rose twice

You found that embarrassing? I thought it was cool as hell on both the sides of both camps.

It was cool. And it was odd. I liked that they could get along wel enough for that to happen and at the same time I wonderd why Duff would do that. Really seemed to blur the lines. You see ex members of GnR opening the show then new GnR takes the stage. People see that and just think this is stupid. Duff should be in Guns N' Roses. It was interesting though that's for sure.

Slash tours under the foundation of his solo work.

Really? Because when I saw Slash, over half of his set, 12 of 20 songs were covers.

And don't tell me what my opinion is.

Lol at volcano, izz ohmm... wfuckinga and Damn_Smooth who still can't admit that NewGNR isn't successful

Lol at Crash Diet, who after 2 years on the forum still can't put together a coherant sentence, or understand what he reads.
:lol:
  • Like 1

Not only does Axl tour as "guns n roses", but he also places much more emphasis on the '87-'91 heyday material for most of the show, while Slash mainly emphasizes his post guns n roses material for the majority of his shows. That on top of the fact it's gradually easier to replace an instrumental aspect of a group for the sake of nostalgia than it is to replace a voice, and those are the only reasons, touring wise, Axl is more successful.

Axl only skids by the luxury of the name and playing it safe. Not by anything nu guns have actually creatively done.

Edited by Bobbo

Really? Because when I saw Slash, over half of his set, 12 of 20 songs were covers.

You're a lier. Post the set list and let's see if over half the setlist was made up of covers. You won't because you're full of shit.

Edited by Bono

You're a lier. Post the set list and let's see if over half the setlist was made up of covers. You won't because you're full of shit.
477839_383516108352460_2075494020_o.jpg

And here it is on setlist fm, the digital version of the hard copy taken from right off the stage I just posted. Cound how many covers there are. There's 12. http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/slash-feat-myles-kennedy-and-the-conspirators/2012/florida-theatre-jacksonville-fl-6bdfb22a.html

Edited by wfuckinga
  • Like 1

477839_383516108352460_2075494020_o.jpg

3 fucking Guns N' Roses songs and 1 cover and the rest are songs Slash wrote/Co Wrote post GnR in bands NOT called Guns N' Roses. Thanks for posting the setlist and proving me right and proving how dellusional you are. You'd have to be a complete fucking moron to suggest all those VR songs were covers. saying Slash isn't allowed to tap into his own back catelogue at all. I have to ask you as well. How do you manage to navigate through day to day life being that dense? My point stands. Slash tours off the foundation of his own material he wrote post Guns N' Roses under a name other than Guns N' Roses while Axl Rose leaches off the past and tours off the strength of the Guns N' Roses name and songs Slash helped write.

Edited by Bono
  • Like 1

So it's ok for Slash to tap into his back catalogue, but it's not ok for Axl to do the same? How does it make sense that Slash can play old Guns songs but Guns N' Roses can't? You'd have to be a complete fucking moron to say that Guns N' Roses playing Guns N' Roses songs are covers. And yes, I am saying VR songs are cover songs, because that band isn't Velvet Revolver. Those Snakepit songs were covers because that band isn't Snakepit. Those GN'R songs were covers because that band isn't GN'R. Slash tours under the foundation that he was in GN'R, not under his solo stuff. He played two (2) songs he wrote with the Conspirators that night.

• Like 3

Even Axl differentiates between the 2 bands and refers to this lineup as "new Guns". Ergo, he's admitting they are not the same band, and are covering the classic band's songs.

Axl does not call them "new guns". Why would you even make that up?

His own words: There is Guns N' Roses and old guns

Edited by volcano62

It's not that Axl can't play old GNR songs, it's the fact of how heavily he still relies on the heyday songs. When you're a band, and you got seven out of eight of the members covering parts they had absolutely no part in creating, it becomes a cover. Nu Guns have been established long enough where there should be more of a delicate balance between heyday songs and nu songs in the setlist.

I personally commend Slash for not taking the easy way out like Axl (which he could easily do) and strutting much more post GNR heyday material at shows than Axl.

If I remember correctly, Velvet Revolver only played one Guns N' Roses song per night.

Could you imagine Axl trying that (essentially)?

Playing one or two old GNR tracks and have the rest of the set be original nu material?

Yeah. Me neither :lol:

Edited by Bobbo

If I remember correctly, Velvet Revolver only played one Guns N' Roses song per night.

Could you imagine Axl trying that (essentially)?

Playing one or two old GNR tracks and have the rest of the set be original nu material?

Yeah. Me neither :lol:

to be fair

The fans wants the classic lineup's songs

if Axl plays under the GNR name and he doesn't play classics only 4-500 people will buy tickets, i guess