YouTube views. What do they tell us?

John Bonham

Yeah, they were a huge success, thanks EXCLUSIVELY to Scott, right lolcano? :D

That's right. Take away Scott and you have a Poison like 80's cover band.

Do what now?

Take away Scott and what you're left with is 3 strong members of the UYI crew.

2 Examples

Let's say Axl is fired from GNR in 1994 -

We would have 8 GNR albums of 80's cock rock

An unknown singer joins VR -

We would not have Scott's alternative and experimental influence..hence we get 80's cock rock

Well the thing is we have VR demos out there that pre-date Scott. I can't say I am personally blown away by them but they definitely are not 80's cock rock

As for the hypothetical GNR situation for me it is too much of a "what if" to really have it hold much argumentative substance

For me I would make the point that VR, just like GNR back in the day, was a musical collective and never rested solely on the musicality of one person

Edited by WhazUp

gangnam style = 1.833.026.399 views.

michael jackson billie jean = 95.123.729 views.

Now.. im pretty sure that MJ sold a LOT more than PSY. And it was way more played on the radio/clubs/everywhere.

Do i have to say more?

Logic doesn't work with these Slash fanboys.

It's amazing how Slash plays much smaller venues than NuNu and still is this Rock Icon everyone loves and talks about. Kudos to Slash!

That's what happens when you whore yourself out to the media. And before your panties get bunched up about this one, I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with that. Most normal musicians do it. Too bad it hardly translates into revenue though.

• Like 1

gangnam style = 1.833.026.399 views.

michael jackson billie jean = 95.123.729 views.

Now.. im pretty sure that MJ sold a LOT more than PSY. And it was way more played on the radio/clubs/everywhere.

Do i have to say more?

Logic doesn't work with these Slash fanboys.

Indeed

wfa is a volcano alt. account. i won't even waste my time anymore

wfa is a volcano alt. account. i won't even waste my time anymore.

Words of a defeated cupcake

It's amazing how Slash plays much smaller venues than NuNu and still is this Rock Icon everyone loves and talks about. Kudos to Slash!

That's what happens when you whore yourself out to the media. And before your panties get bunched up about this one, I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with that. Most normal musicians do it. Too bad it hardly translates into revenue though.

Too much logic in your post...you have to stop confusing these "fans"

Everyone talks about Slash? Maybe at the local biker bars..
Outside of the forums and concerts, I've never heard anyone on the streets or in school talking about how cool Slash is.

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: Are you retarded? Serious question. I'm 19 years old and I live in South Carolina. Volcano lives in Canada.

Reports 3 people for calling names then asks if your retarded. :rofl-lol:

• Like 2

Outside of the forums and concerts, I've never heard anyone on the streets or in school talking about how cool Slash is.

The last time people talked about Slash:

Slash-x-Supra-%E2%80%9CSuperbowl%E2%80%9

:lol:

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: Are you retarded? Serious question. I'm 19 years old and I live in South Carolina. Volcano lives in Canada.

Reports 3 people for calling names then asks if your retarded. :rofl-lol:

To be fair he just asked a question :shrugs:

• Like 1

The last time people talked about Slash:

Slash-x-Supra-%E2%80%9CSuperbowl%E2%80%9

The lolSuperbowl Incident :rofl-lol:

The last time people talked about Axl

:D

Actually the last time people talked about Axl is when he headlined major festivals last year while Slash was playing ribfest.

But if you open up the latest issue of Ultimate Classic Rock, there's a 6 page Slash interview!

Oh good, there is one. He hasn't done an interview in about a week, I was worried he'd died or something.

Dude you're killing me

He headlined a major festival this summer in Quebec.

oh yeah I was there lol

Guns N' Roses saved that festival

I haven't seen a festival, save for Crüefest. I've only seen them on their own.

Was Gov. Ball this year? I think that's a major festival. What about that one in I think Texas? That was pretty big I think too. People weretalking about Axl then as well

Actually the last time people talked about Axl is when he headlined major festivals last year while Slash was playing ribfest.

But if you open up the latest issue of Ultimate Classic Rock, there's a 6 page Slash interview!

Oh good, there is one. He hasn't done an interview in about a week, I was worried he'd died or something.

Dude you're killing me

was that after or before the bowling alley show where he crapped himself out of the stage?

Dude you're killing me

was that after or before the bowling alley show where he crapped himself out of the stage?

He was sick that night, wasn't he? Fig, who are you an alty for?