Best sequence of (at least 3) consecutive brilliant albums

username

Queen: Queen, Queen II, Sheer Heart Attack, A Night at the Opera, A Day at the Races, News of the World

If you count Adam and the Ants and Adam Ant together, Kings of the Wild Frontier, Prince Charming, Friend or Foe, Strip

David Bowie: Station to Station, Low, "Heroes", Lodger, Scary Monsters, Let's Dance

The Replacements: Let It Be, Tim, Pleased to Meet Me

Queen: Queen, Queen II, Sheer Heart Attack, A Night at the Opera, A Day at the Races, News of the World

If you count Adam and the Ants and Adam Ant together, Kings of the Wild Frontier, Prince Charming, Friend or Foe, Strip

David Bowie: Station to Station, Low, "Heroes", Lodger, Scary Monsters, Let's Dance

you can easily add Sorry Ma Forgot To Take Out The Trash, Stink(if you consider it an album), Hootenanny

Among The Living - State Of Euphoria - Persistence Of Time - Sound Of White Noise (Anthrax)

Nah, SOE sucks. Easily the worst non-Bush album. My Anthrax sequence would be Fistful Of Metal / Spreading The Disease / Among The Living. Worship Music is my favorite Anthrax album though.

The Mighty Mighty Bosstones - Devil's Night Out / More Noise & Other Disturbances / Don't Know How To Party or A Jackknife To A Swan / Pin Points And Gin Joints / The Magic Of Youth. Another band where my favorite album (Let's Face It) is bookended by my 2 least favorites (Question The Answers and Pay Attention).

Alice Cooper - Love It To Death / Killer / School's Out / Billion Dollar Babies and Constrictor / Raise Your Fist And Yell / Trash / Hey Stoopid

Black Sabbath - Heaven And Hell / The Mob Rules / Born Again

Dio - Holy Diver / The Last In Line / Sacred Heart / Dream Evil

you could also throw in Welcome To My Nightmare/Alice Cooper Goes To Hell/Lace and Whiskey

you can easily add Sorry Ma Forgot To Take Out The Trash, Stink(if you consider it an album), Hootenanny

I might if I'd heard them. ;)

I actually got into The Mats in a weird way. I knew Tommy had been in the band and saw the reissue of Tim in the store (only album they had at the time) and thought I'd buy it. Fell in love with the album right away.

Really? I like Antisocial, Be All End All. In fact, I just noticed I could put more than 3 albums here, so in the end I would put Spreading The Disease in here as well.

Yeah...that's about all SOE has going for it.

Among The Living - State Of Euphoria - Persistence Of Time - Sound Of White Noise (Anthrax)

Nah, SOE sucks. Easily the worst non-Bush album. My Anthrax sequence would be Fistful Of Metal / Spreading The Disease / Among The Living. Worship Music is my favorite Anthrax album though.

The Mighty Mighty Bosstones - Devil's Night Out / More Noise & Other Disturbances / Don't Know How To Party or A Jackknife To A Swan / Pin Points And Gin Joints / The Magic Of Youth. Another band where my favorite album (Let's Face It) is bookended by my 2 least favorites (Question The Answers and Pay Attention).

Alice Cooper - Love It To Death / Killer / School's Out / Billion Dollar Babies and Constrictor / Raise Your Fist And Yell / Trash / Hey Stoopid

you could also throw in Welcome To My Nightmare/Alice Cooper Goes To Hell/Lace and Whiskey

I'm not a huge fan of Goes To Hell or Lace And Whiskey. They both have their moments for sure, but I don't consider them brilliant albums by any stretch.

But if you want to hypothetically use that run of early solo albums, you gotta add on From The Inside. That absolutely trounces almost every other solo album from Alice IMO.

Another one I forgot:

Bruce Dickinson - Accident Of Birth / The Chemical Wedding / Tyranny Of Souls

• Like 1

Really? I like Antisocial, Be All End All. In fact, I just noticed I could put more than 3 albums here, so in the end I would put Spreading The Disease in here as well.

I'm not a huge fan of Goes To Hell or Lace And Whiskey. They both have their moments for sure, but I don't consider them brilliant albums by any stretch.

But if you want to hypothetically use that run of early solo albums, you gotta add on From The Inside. That absolutely trounces almost every other solo album from Alice IMO.

Another one I forgot:

if you add From The Inside, keep going and add Flush The Fashion...one of his most underappreciated albums

and while you're at it, Hey Stoopid and Trash are among his worst albums so add DaDa before Constrictor

Another one I forgot:

if you add From The Inside, keep going and add Flush The Fashion...one of his most underappreciated albums

and while you're at it, Hey Stoopid and Trash are among his worst albums so add DaDa before Constrictor

I like Trash and Hey Stoopid. The hair metal sound was good...for a couple albums at least :shrugs:

Of those 4 I named, I figured Constrictor would be the one someone would disagree with :lol:

Another one I forgot:

I like Trash and Hey Stoopid. The hair metal sound was good...for a couple albums at least :shrugs:

I do love the Kip Winger background vox and influence on Raise Your Fist And Yell

that's a pretty solid album

• Like 1

Another one I forgot:

I do love the Kip Winger background vox and influence on Raise Your Fist And Yell

RYFAY is one of my favorites, I think it's his most under appreciated album by far. Too bad he practically pretends it doesn't exist :no:

Another one I forgot:

RYFAY is one of my favorites, I think it's his most under appreciated album by far. Too bad he practically pretends it doesn't exist :no:

some really good songs on that album...Freedom, Gail, Roses on White Lace, Give the Radio Back(cheesy yes, but still good), Prince of Darkness

he doesn't even play Freedom live? that would lend itself to some good visuals

He hasn't played anything since the tour in support of it, and even then he only played Freedom, Prince Of Darkness, and "The Trilogy" (Chop, Chop, Chop, Gail, and Roses On White Lace) live. Any time someone asks him if he'll ever play anything from RYFAY again, he always says "next tour I'm gonna break out The Trilogy", and he never does. I'd do awful things to get to hear Freedom live. I can always dream - I never really thought I'd get to hear He's Back live but he did it on this tour...

Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, Animals, The Wall (1973-1979)

Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin II, Led Zeppelin III, (Untitled), The Houses Of The Holy (1969-1973)

I would put Physical Graffiti on here, but it has a couple of iffy songs on it for me.

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Caifornication, By The Way, Stadium Arcadium, I'm With You (1999-present)

The Chili Peppers have been on a roll since 1999 impo, hope they can keep it up.

Genesis - Selling England By The Pound, The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway, A Trick Of The Tail (1973-1976)

I have only heard about half of Wind and Wuthering, so in the future I might be able to add that to the list.

Guns N' Roses - Appetite For Destruction, G'N'R' Lies, Use Your Illusion I, Use Your Illusion II (1987-1991)

The Who - Tommy, Who's Next, Quadrophenia (1969-1973)

All I think of right now.

• Like 1

Another one I forgot:

Three terrific albums right there, going to spend my afternoon binging on Bruce solo albums. While the albums were great the videos were terribad!

I liked his promo videos. They were better than any of Maiden's :shrugs:

I hope the rumours about Bruce working on another solo album are true.

It's pretty much all but confirmed. Roy Z has posted pics with Bruce in the last few months. They wouldn't have any reason to be together if Bruce wasn't working on a new album. I just wish he'd tour this one :(

Another one I forgot:

Three terrific albums right there, going to spend my afternoon binging on Bruce solo albums. While the albums were great the videos were terribad!

Some of them were okay but Tears of the Dragon where he is diving into the sea and Abduction were kind of bad.

Got some of his live albums and I would kill to see him live.

Another one I forgot:

Some of them were okay but Tears of the Dragon where he is diving into the sea and Abduction were kind of bad.

Scream For Me Brazil is one of my favorite live albums. Do you have the Anthology DVD?

Another one I forgot:

Scream For Me Brazil is one of my favorite live albums. Do you have the Anthology DVD?

I used to have a download of it but lost it when my hard drive died. Scream for me Brazil is awesome, I also have Alive in Studio A and Alive at the Marquee but so much overlap in those setlists.