Best sequence of (at least 3) consecutive brilliant albums

username

I didn't like the band during the Balls To Picasso era, so those ones never stood out as much to me. I didn't like how the Tattooed Millionaire songs sounded with that band at all, and that's a big strike against them since Tattooed Millionaire is my favorite Bruce album.

But definitely pick up Anthology if you can find it, well worth the money.

• 1 year later...

London Calling, Sandinista, Combat Rock - The Clash (yeah, no one apart from me cares for Sandinista, i know :lol:)

My Generation, A Quick One, The Who Sell Out - The Who (although the next 3 could easily be considered a sequence of three of equal weight).

I've been listening to Sandinista! the last few days. There are some good songs on there, but I can't get into the whole album.

London Calling, Sandinista, Combat Rock - The Clash (yeah, no one apart from me cares for Sandinista, i know :lol:)

My Generation, A Quick One, The Who Sell Out - The Who (although the next 3 could easily be considered a sequence of three of equal weight).

I've been listening to Sandinista! the last few days. There are some good songs on there, but I can't get into the whole album.

It's not an easy album to digest. It's as if they threw everything at a wall and thought everything should stick. It's incredibly uneven but I still applaud them for doing their thing and bucking every trend imaginable.

That being said, it's not a brilliant album. Nor is Combat Rock for that matter. Combat Rock is easily their weakest album. (Cut The Crap doesn't count!!)

David Bowie's Station to Station, "Heroes" and Low; I'd have just said the Berlin trilogy, but I prefer Station over Lodger. The three albums come together VERY well also on his live album Stage.

Also going to namedrop Primus' Sailing the Seas of Cheese, Pork Soda and Tales from the Punchbowl

• Like 1

David Bowie's Station to Station, "Heroes" and Low; I'd have just said the Berlin trilogy, but I prefer Station over Lodger. The three albums come together VERY well also on his live album Stage.

Also going to namedrop Primus' Sailing the Seas of Cheese, Pork Soda and Tales from the Punchbowl

I'd go Lodger, Scary Monsters (and Super Creeps), and Let's Dance or Young Americans, Station to Station, and Low. I've tried time and again to like "Heroes", but I can't get into it, love the song, though.

I'd go Lodger, Scary Monsters (and Super Creeps), and Let's Dance or Young Americans, Station to Station, and Low. I've tried time and again to like "Heroes", but I can't get into it, love the song, though.

I've always found the first half of "Heroes" to be rock solid, and the second half at least an 8.5/10. Would have been perfect if it flowed more like Low, than shove Secret Life of Arabia as the closer..

Also gonna say Space Oddity/The Man Who Sold the World/Hunky Dory for another great trilogy with Bowie's acoustic, folky side.

Facelift, Dirt and Alice in Chains

Sure you can include Jar of Flies and Unplugged but it's basically three strikes and you're out cause your lead singer was on a road to hell.

The resurgent AIC is gonna complete a hat trick again with Black Gives Way To Blue, The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here and the next record.

So basically it's almost six consecutive split into two eras of threes.

• Like 2

Listened to Check Your Head for the first time in forever. It still goes hard.

Beastie Boys - License to Ill. Paul's Boutique. Check Your Head.

Black Crowes - Shake Your Money Maker. Southern Harmony and Musical Companion. Amorica.

Edited by J Dog

Black Crowes - Shake Your Money Maker. Southern Harmony and Musical Companion. Amorica.

You can certainly stretch it out to 4 with Ill Communication

Bob Dylan - Bringing it All Back Home / Highway 61 Revisited / Blonde on Blonde

I really wanted to do something with Blood on the Tracks and Desire, but I don't care for any of the albums surrounding the two :lol:

Blonde on Blonde and Desire are two albums I never got the love for. I kinda like them, I guess, but I really either a great. Street Legal is so much better than Desire it's not even funny.

Little Richard might just be the distilled core essence of everything that came out of rock n roll that was good after him. Could we have had a Mick Jagger without Rich? A James Brown? Or even an Iggy Pop? And y'know what, out of all of em i don't think I've seen a single one that fucking ROARED like him onstage or on record.

Watch ANYONE else do Long Tall Sally, they had to mellow down with it...but he's just like....on another planet to the rest, the guy was just fuckin' phenomenal, like a car with no brakes.

He's just fucking improbable, a little queer black midget who was gorgeous looking, played like a fuckin' monster, veered between salvation and damnation his whole life and just represents a peak in rock n roll that you just cannot approach in terms of the power of his performance. Pound for pound, in a strictly showman sense he pisses over Elvis, he pisses over Chuck (i feel like i just stabbed my father in the back with that comment :lol:), Jerry Lee i suppose approaches but doesn't really hit it like Rich. And we're talking like a good half century before all the things that he was (i.e. a bible bashing black bender :lol:) were acceptable. Actually, what am i talking about, that shit ain't even acceptable now and it's testament to our cultures ability to appropriate and file under 'eccentric' all manner of shit that it would usually find pretty unpalletable to where he's SO acceptable that he's doing advert on TV for fuckin' Miracle Whip or whatever, it's the strangest thing.

It's amazing though, that in this modern age, where so much or rather EVERYTHING is do-able onstage, get your todger out, cut yourself, stick your head through a speaker, leap off of the fuckin' rafters...and yet they still can't top the little queer midget guy, fantastic :lol:

It's like people don't even have the lung capacity to push it as far as he does, i dunno WHY that is but nobody, noooobody, no fuckin' vocalist i ever heard can do Long Tall Sally faithfully to the original. They just can't fuckin' do it. Right from the off, right from 'GONNA TELL AUNT MARY BOUT UNCLE JOHN, HE SAID HE HAS THE MISERY BUT HE'S GOT A LOT OF FUN OF BABY!', in the original vocal performance thats just one fuckin' top of the lungs stream of vocals, when ANYONE else does it it's like GONNA TELL AUNT MARY *pause* BOUT UNCLE JOHN *pause* and the brave ones'll do the rest in one go up until baby or else just keep breaking it up.

Little Richard IS rock n roll in the sense of he is a perfect distillation of the very most that rock n roll dared to offer, style, sexuality, subversion...the fact that he just existed at all was patently offensive. He was just inciteful, everything that good honest decent clean living folk would object to, i fuckin' love it :lol: It makes me just happy thinking about it, the fact that these kind of people exist in life is what makes it worth living. Unique. Total one off.

• Like 1

Oh easily. I should have put it on there. That's a good run. I know a lot of people are big on Hello Nasty too but I just can't put it up there with those 4.

Oh easily. I should have put it on there. That's a good run. I know a lot of people are big on Hello Nasty too but I just can't put it up there with those 4.

Hello Nasty's definitey a quality album but it's a notch below their previous four

• Like 1