Best sequence of (at least 3) consecutive brilliant albums

username

Aerosmith- Aerosmith, Get Your Wings, Toys in the Attic, Rocks....................and some would say this sequence also...........Permanent Vacation, Pump, Get a Grip, Nine Lives, Just Push Play

I'd definitely agree with the first one. And I'd also give you Permanent/Pump/Grip... Nine Lives is good, but that's it. Just Push Play is nowhere near the first three.

Dirt - Jar Of Flies - Alice In Chains

I'd ditch the self titled and pop Sap on the front instead.

Really though I think Beatles, The Stones, Sabbath and Metallica have this in the bag when it comes to big bands and critic's opinion.

Really? I love Tripod. It's all about the atmosphere.

Radiohead "OK Computer, Kid A, Amnesiac".

The Bends, OK Computer, Kid A, Amnesiac, In Rainbows

Modest Mouse: A Long Drive With Nothing to Think About, Lonesome Crowded West, Good News for People Who Love Bad News

Edited by LiveFromNormal
  • Like 1

Modest Mouse: A Long Drive With Nothing to Think About, Lonesome Crowded West, Good News for People Who Love Bad News

You best have left off The Moon & Antarctica by accident.

Also, I think We Were Dead is better than Good News, so if you're gonna include that one I'd just include the whole set. They're all good.

This is easy

Neil Young:

Everybody Know this is Nowhere

After the Gold Rush

Harvest

It doesn't get any better than that for me. I don't think there's another artist that comes close to that kind of output.

True, thats definitely one of the pinnacles for me.

Aerosmith had it with Get Your Wings, Toys, and Rocks, but on a smaller scale than Neil.

The Beatles had it with any you want to pick. Bob Dylan is a top one with Bringing It All Back Home, Highway 61, and Blonde On Blonde. Thats as good, if not better than Neil. Floyd had it nearly all through their run. Elton John had it with his self titled until about Goodbye Yellow Brick Road. Thats an incredible run.

Bowie had it with Hunky Dory, Ziggy, and Aladdin Sane (and others would argue later on as well). Genesis, as has been mentioned. KISS had it, with any of those 6 albums up to 78.

The Stones of course is up there with Neil, Beatles, Dylan, etc. I'd argue the Who did it with Tommy, Who's Next and Quadrophenia, but others would disagree.

Those are the major ones I can think of at the moment.

The Man Who $old The World deserves to be before Hunky Dory there.

I'd absolutely have no problem including that. Just listening the more mainstream one, but yes, Man Who Sold The World is an album I enjoy just as much as the others. Width Of A Circle, All The Madmen, Black Country Rock, The Supermen. His first amazing album.

I'd leave out Tommy for The Who and make it Who's Next, Quadrophenia, The Who By Numbers

Once again, thats honestly how I'd put it as well, but felt I'd list the obvious. I'm actually not a huge Tommy fan and Numbers is an intensely underrated album that I like a lot better, so yeah thats basically another case of 4 great albums and chose whatever start point you wish.

The Man Who $old The World deserves to be before Hunky Dory there.

I'd absolutely have no problem including that. Just listening the more mainstream one, but yes, Man Who Sold The World is an album I enjoy just as much as the others. Width Of A Circle, All The Madmen, Black Country Rock, The Supermen. His first amazing album.

I'd leave out Tommy for The Who and make it Who's Next, Quadrophenia, The Who By Numbers

Once again, thats honestly how I'd put it as well, but felt I'd list the obvious. I'm actually not a huge Tommy fan and Numbers is an intensely underrated album that I like a lot better, so yeah thats basically another case of 4 great albums and chose whatever start point you wish.

Absolutely. I don't hate the self titled AKA man of words, man of music album before it either (cygnet committee, Janine, memory of a free festival) but anything before it really doesn't do a thing for me.

The rerecorded 60's songs on the leaked Toy sound great though.

The rerecorded 60's songs on the leaked Toy sound great though.Absolutely. I don't hate the self titled AKA man of words, man of music album before it either (cygnet committee, Janine, memory of a free festival) but anything before it really doesn't do a thing for me.

The unreleased Toy album is actually my favorite Bowie album of the 90s until present.

Genesis-Nursey Crime, Foxtrot, Selling England By The Pound, The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway

Loved the 1970-1975 box set and the Lamb concert reconstruction, the documentaries were also great. I go up to Duke with Genesis because I really like Trick of the Tail, Abacab and Duke.

I bought that box set just for the Lamb concert but was disappointed to hear Gabriel rerecorded some of his vocals as he fetl his costumes muffled the vocals on some songs...The box set still has other great stuff though........ You can actually get that Lamb concert unretouched in SB quality on bootleg and it is excellent...still can't figure out why Gabriel felt the need to rerecord some of the vocals though as I can't hear any major issues on the bootleg.

Abacab came after Duke and there were 2 other excellent albums after Trick and before Duke.......I would even argue the first three albums after Gabriel left are excellent ............"Trick of the Tail", "Wind and Wuthering" and "Then there were Three"...

Duke is not bad but was too commercial for my taste and I could not get into anything they did after that starting with that album..........

Edited by classicrawker

Slim Shady LP > Marshall Mathers LP > The Eminem Show

The College Dropout > Late Registration > Graduation > 808s & Heartbreak > My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy > Yeezus :awesomeface:

808s & Hearbreak and Yeezus definitely don't belong on there.

Yeezus might be the most overrated album of this century so far.