Best sequence of (at least 3) consecutive brilliant albums

username

Radiohead "OK Computer, Kid A, Amnesiac".

Surprised you left off "The Bends".

Honestly I wouldn't rank The Bends up there with those 3.

That said, I wish Radiohead would do another guitar album. Just a straight-ahead guitar driven record would be like the most radical thing they could do at this stage.

Edited by Mr. Dude

• 2 weeks later...

nick drake did in a row : five leaves left (1969) - bryter layter (1970) - pink moon (1972)

scott walker recorded these five amazing albums between 1967 and 1970 : scott - scott 2 - scott 3 - scott 4 - 'til the band comes in

leonard cohen : songs of leonard cohen - songs from a room - songs of love and hate - new skin for the old ceremony - death of ladies' man

Edited by durruti column
  • Like 1

john coltrane : giant steps (1959) - my favorite things (1960) - olé coltrane (1961)

miles davis : 'round about midnight (1957) - miles ahead (1957) - milestones (1958) - porgy and bess (1958) - kind of blue (1959) - sketches of spain (1960)

serge gainsbourg : bonnie & clyde (1968) - initials b.b. (1968) - jane birkin & serge gainsbourg (1969) - melody nelson (1971)

• Like 2

Among The Living - State Of Euphoria - Persistence Of Time - Sound Of White Noise (Anthrax)

spreading the disease is right up there with those

Blizzard Of Ozz

Diary Of A Madman

Bark At The Moon

Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow

Rainbow Rising

Long Live Rock And Roll

i haven't liked an ozzy album since bark at the moon aside from a few songs on no more tears

Actung baby, Zooropa, Pop - U2.

HOLY Bible, Everything Must Go, This is My Truth - Manic Street Preachers.

Antichrist Superstar, Mechanical Animals, Holy wood.

Pop sucked. They didn't even use the original recordings from the album when they released their greatest hits 1990-2000.

Pop didn't suck, it was just different and had a troubled production but it certainly didn't suck and I would argue it is better than any of their albums since.

Wasted I agree with your Manson picks, all three are great albums.

Iron Maiden is a difficult one, but I would say Brave New World, Dance of Death, A Matter of Life and Death and The Final Frontier are up there. (Yes I know I cheated and used four album but they're all excellent I couldn't separate them.)

Here are my picks:

1. Zeppelin: (6 albums) I,II,III, zoso, houses, physical graffiti

2. Pink Floyd:(4 albums) Darkside, Wish you were here, Animals, The Wall

3. GnR:(4 albums, and lies is an EP , but it is as long as some LP'S) Appetite, Lies, Use your illusion 1, Use your illusions 2

4. Van Halen: (4 albums) I,II, Women and Children first, Fair Warning

5. Aerosmith: (3 albums) Get you wings, Toys in the attic, Rocks

6. AC/DC: (3 albums) Powerage, Highway to Hell, Back in black

Pop didn't suck, it was just different and had a troubled production but it certainly didn't suck and I would argue it is better than any of their albums since.

I love POP.I saw the POPMART tour in Toronto in 97 & it remains one of my favorite shows. We waited all night outside a video store here in Buffalo and we got 6th row on the floor. I seem to recall the tickets only being $50 or so. If God Will Send His Angels is one of my all-time favorite U 2 songs.

Among The Living - State Of Euphoria - Persistence Of Time - Sound Of White Noise (Anthrax)

Nah, SOE sucks. Easily the worst non-Bush album. My Anthrax sequence would be Fistful Of Metal / Spreading The Disease / Among The Living. Worship Music is my favorite Anthrax album though.

The Mighty Mighty Bosstones - Devil's Night Out / More Noise & Other Disturbances / Don't Know How To Party or A Jackknife To A Swan / Pin Points And Gin Joints / The Magic Of Youth. Another band where my favorite album (Let's Face It) is bookended by my 2 least favorites (Question The Answers and Pay Attention).

Alice Cooper - Love It To Death / Killer / School's Out / Billion Dollar Babies and Constrictor / Raise Your Fist And Yell / Trash / Hey Stoopid

Black Sabbath - Heaven And Hell / The Mob Rules / Born Again

Dio - Holy Diver / The Last In Line / Sacred Heart / Dream Evil

Rush: Hemispheres, Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures

Pearl Jam: Ten, Vs., Vitalogy

Zeppelin: Any three albums in a row that don't include In Through The Out Door lol

Soundgarden: Badmotorfinger, Superunknown, Down On The Upside

Porcupine Tree - In Absentia, Deadwing, Fear of A Blank Planet

• Like 1