NYMPH()MANIAC by Lars von Trier

supercool

Nymphomaniac (also stylized as NYMPH()MANIAC) is an upcoming two-part drama film written and directed by Lars von Trier. Starring Charlotte Gainsbourg, Stellan Skarsgård, Shia LaBeouf, Jamie Bell, Christian Slater and Connie Nielsen, a cut version of the film is set to be released on December 25, 2013 in Denmark and in two parts for the American release on March 21, 2014 and April 18, 2014.

Nymphomaniac is the wild and poetic drama story of a woman's erotic journey from birth to the age of 50 as told by the main character, the self-diagnosed nymphomaniac, Joe (Charlotte Gainsbourg).

Edited by supercool

lars von trier lost the plot somewhere along the way. the fact that he's cast christian slater in this movie... :lol: it all just strikes me as smug trolling, like he's trying to be cleverer than is warranted.

Yeah it certainly seems like Lars is doing stuff like this to be edgy rather than something that is actually good.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Well, I sat through it. It's been split into two films in the US (thank god). Volume I is superior, it's more engaging, better paced and at times genuinely funny (intentionally and otherwise). Volume II is best described as grotesque. It's definitely a major work, but it's also an intellectually retarded one. Uma Thurman's performance in I, and Shia LeBeouf's hilarious british accent are the highlights of the entire enterprise, amusement wise. The sex is generally vividly unsexy.