Skwerl's GN'R Leak story

All Rise. The Court of Public Opinion Is Now In Session.  

100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

"While I was still working at Universal in 2005, I met a guy that had been working with Axl, who told me that he had touched over 90 songs, 40 of which were some of the best songs hed ever heard. [...] If Axl Rose chokes on a donut tomorrow and dies, therell be ten more Guns N Roses albums on the way.

Holy shit...

Gooooo donuts!! :P

I really think Axl might end up being the most prolific post-humous artist of all-time. He might have that "sorry I'm late" thing on the inner sleeve of his post-humous releases. Seems like something he'd find amusing.

Edited by Mr. Dude

I really think Axl might end up being the most prolific post-humous artist of all-time. He might have that "sorry I'm late" thing on the inner sleeve of his post-humous releases. Seems like something he'd find amusing.

Or when him and Jim Morrison and Elvis all get together in the backwoods of Washington for a beer.. all compare how they escaped the fame trap... Jim and Elvis will raise a glass to Axl for the ultimate fuck you people there ever was..."Sorry Im Late" which oddly enough is the title of the last GNR record out ...collectively know in myth and legend as CDII

• Like 1

What the fuck? Seriously? Has anyone else noticed all the comments on this story? It's full of cupcakes, people impersonating others from the forum. Too bad skwerl doesn't take care of those comments (not sure if it's possible or not).

Good question, why doesn't he delete them? On the other hand, some of that shit is cracking me up.

What the fuck? Seriously? Has anyone else noticed all the comments on this story? It's full of cupcakes, people impersonating others from the forum. Too bad skwerl doesn't take care of those comments (not sure if it's possible or not).

Good question, why doesn't he delete them? On the other hand, some of that shit is cracking me up.

Groghan :rofl-lol:

Its the Brooklyn Bowl roast part 2

I will laugh at all the Groghan's over here if my label conspiracy theory is true.

"Why would the label hold back the record? They are in the money-making business" lol

So...wait, what are you arguing against? That the label held the record back or leaked it to force it out? You can't do both.

Yes they held it back and then leaked it (at different points in the decade). So, um yeah, you can do both...

So just so I'm clear on what your contention is: The label funded a $14 million project, but held it back from coming out, despite watching anticipated release dates come and go, closing out the tab, refusing to allocate further funds and offering Axl extra millions in advances to finally turn it in.

All indications from UMG was that they desperately wanted this thing on shelves for almost a decade. To the point of either leaking it themselves to create a buzz or capitalizing on the hype surrounding the leaks.

Groghan :rofl-lol:

Its the Brooklyn Bowl roast part 2

Is it worth going and reading, or is it just people blowing up stereotypes of posters they don't like? It was funny the first time people did that, now it's just predictable and a bit boring. If I want to insult somebody I'll do it in public, I don't have to hide behind fake names. But I guess some people have to go that route.

Is this batch word reading?

Edit............just read it. Pretty lame, guys. Nothing new or nothing creative, just the same things that get posted on every GnR story when people make fake posts about other posters. You guys need to come up with a new gimmick or with something that is funnier.

Edited by Groghan

I will laugh at all the Groghan's over here if my label conspiracy theory is true.

"Why would the label hold back the record? They are in the money-making business" lol

So...wait, what are you arguing against? That the label held the record back or leaked it to force it out? You can't do both.

Yes they held it back and then leaked it (at different points in the decade). So, um yeah, you can do both...

So just so I'm clear on what your contention is: The label funded a $14 million project, but held it back from coming out, despite watching anticipated release dates come and go, closing out the tab, refusing to allocate further funds and offering Axl extra millions in advances to finally turn it in.

All indications from UMG was that they desperately wanted this thing on shelves for almost a decade. To the point of either leaking it themselves to create a buzz or capitalizing on the hype surrounding the leaks.

Bards you make a great point.

A small group on here continues to say the label was and is the problem. But they ignore the fact that the label invested 14 million bucks, supplied Axl with numerous producers and people to work on the album with, and that Axl missed deadline after deadline. What the heck more could the label have done??? Sent Axl another $5 million bucks and told him to turn in CD by 2015?

The label gave Axl more money and freedom and support than I'd bet they have ever given any artist in the history of the label. Yet people act like the label is the one thing preventing Axl from releasing music. You can't make this stuff up.

Reading the stuff about MSL trying to help out in the witch-hunt and inadvertently helping his defense was pretty amusing, i must say.

Never happened. Was dealing with a witch hunt of my own for sharing Shackler's Revenge. The same lawyers going after Skwerl were the ones going after me, which is why FBI records have correspondence between myself and that firm. Skwerl has already written *IN THIS THREAD* that he doesn't believe I was trying to help the witch hunt against him. Read your own fucking site next time before you try to throw me under the bus. Thanks.

Telling me to "read my own fucking site" makes me sound willfully ignorant, but the truth of the matter is that many of these threads reach page after page after page, and it's simply unfeasible much of the time to read every. Single. Comment. I didn't see Skwerl's reply. I was at work earlier when I posted, browsing on my phone, and did not read many of the replies here. I did, however, read the article, which did not seem to paint a very flattering portrait of you; which is perhaps why Skwerl clarified his comments. If I simply misread the article, then that's my bad and I'll cop to it.

• Like 1

Of course it is. You wrote it.

Of course it is. You wrote it.

Nah. You *did* read Skwerl's article about how the FBI is watching him, right? They're probably tracking every IP address that even visits that article. Furthermore, anyone who makes a comment probably gets bumped to some higher surveillance level or something.

So believe me when I tell you I don't have the time nor willpower to make fake email accounts for the purpose of using them to make fake comments on an internet blog article.

A small group on here continues to say the label was and is the problem. But they ignore the fact that the label invested 14 million bucks, supplied Axl with numerous producers and people to work on the album with, and that Axl missed deadline after deadline. What the heck more could the label have done??? Sent Axl another $5 million bucks and told him to turn in CD by 2015?

The label gave Axl more money and freedom and support than I'd bet they have ever given any artist in the history of the label. Yet people act like the label is the one thing preventing Axl from releasing music. You can't make this stuff up.

A label should fund the album, and when the album is released, they should promote it. Proper promotions too, not like the horrible CD promotion

A label should fund the album, and when the album is released, they should promote it. Proper promotions too, not like the horrible CD promotion

I'd love for you to fund an album I make. You don't really seem to give a shit whether it makes you any money or not.

I'd love for you to fund an album I make. You don't really seem to give a shit whether it makes you any money or not.

I'm not a record label, it's not my job to fund and promote an album.

So somebody is trying a Brooklyn Bowl style roast and failing miserably? I go away for a few days and this is what happens, have I taught you guys nothing?

Yeah, it's a pretty disappointing and plagiarizing follow up.
The Groghan stuff is getting old. Whoever did TheGNRForum and me is unoriginal and unfunny....probably someone at GnFnR :jerkoff:

So somebody is trying a Brooklyn Bowl style roast and failing miserably? I go away for a few days and this is what happens, have I taught you guys nothing?

The Brooklyn Bowl thing was hilarious but it will never be done again with the same comedy level. Almost like a classic movie with shitty sequels each time someone tries to do it again.
  • Like 3

The Brooklyn Bowl thing was hilarious but it will never be done again with the same comedy level. Almost like a classic movie with shitty sequels each time someone tries to do it again.
Like Police Academy's 8 sequels, or Blues Brothers 2000