Skwerl's GN'R Leak story

All Rise. The Court of Public Opinion Is Now In Session.  

100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If Jimmy leaked it then the conspiracy is true. We're through the looking glass here people, black is white and white is kind of cloudy with a chance of showers. Don't ask how, ask why. Why would Jimmy Iovine want to sabotage the release of CD?

Because he can. Because he owns GNR's back catalog and his label makes more money off of the back catalog. I looked more into what happened between Interscope and NIN as how fucked up things got at the record company, and it wasn't all Iovine's doing, it was the people who worked for him. 50 Cent's complaining about Iovine dropping the ball on putting a new album out, Iovine wound up smoothing things out.

Trent and Jimmy were even collaborating on Beats by Dre and the Daisy subscription service, so I don't know if you can fault him for what happened.

I also have to put the reminder in that Iovine doesn't actively run Interscope now, he's more of a figurehead. Lady Gaga's now going to see what Axl was dealing with when she does her next album.

They only back winning horses. As far as they're concerned, GNR should have been put out to stud or sent to the glue factory, but GNR was the Secretariat of rock bands.

I wonder how many albums used GNR's studio time and made albums, because the studio was paid for?

Edited by dalsh327
  • Like 1

If they wanted them leaked, why did they nail squirel guy? i know it was the fbi.

So is jimmy also sending these remixes to msl?

If Jimmy leaked it then the conspiracy is true. We're through the looking glass here people, black is white and white is kind of cloudy with a chance of showers. Don't ask how, ask why. Why would Jimmy Iovine want to sabotage the release of CD?

He didn't sabotage it. If anything he got it going. No one cared anymore until those leaks.
but he didnt even leak the final versions. And no one cared anyway but it was over leaked. Its not really what the ceo of interscope is meant to do?
Skewerl was Oswald, patsie. Iovine the CIA, evidence points to his involvement in conspiracy, but trail runs cold because of murder and witness tampering.

Steve the courier is on the grassy knoll, find out who he is and UMG will fall.

Edited by T.wa.T

I will laugh at all the Groghan's over here if my label conspiracy theory is true.

"Why would the label hold back the record? They are in the money-making business" lol

So...wait, what are you arguing against? That the label held the record back or leaked it to force it out? You can't do both.

I will laugh at all the Groghan's over here if my label conspiracy theory is true.

"Why would the label hold back the record? They are in the money-making business" lol

So...wait, what are you arguing against? That the label held the record back or leaked it to force it out? You can't do both.

Yes they held it back and then leaked it (at different points in the decade). So, um yeah, you can do both...

Hard to believe how many government resources have been wasted on this. Combine this with the rediculous never ending baseball steroid investigations, and u get a lot of public tax dollars squandered. I would think there are higher priorities that pose more serious risks to our way of life.

Yes they held it back and then leaked it (at different points in the decade). So, um yeah, you can do both...

Labels have intentionally leaked and then followed up with cease and desist letters to stir up media interest. Play it the one time, see if the bootlegged song makes the rounds to gauge interest.

We've talked about Fernando sharing the music with friends before, and I think his "laying down the law" with Skwerl was a saving face move, and probably scared for the guy about doing time in federal prison.

Hard to believe how many government resources have been wasted on this. Combine this with the rediculous never ending baseball steroid investigations, and u get a lot of public tax dollars squandered. I would think there are higher priorities that pose more serious risks to our way of life.

The RIAA is like the MPAA's bratty little brother, whatever the MPAA is doing, the RIAA wants the same thing. What sucks is that movies make money over and over again, sometimes in the billions, music doesn't - except when it's being licensed to movies.

MPAA got Homeland Security and the FBI involved, of course RIAA was going to want the same thing for CDs.

But the whole thing about file sharing crippling the music industry is half-true. Once people ripped CDs and wanted the one or two songs off of there, people started returning the CDs wanting their money back. That's when you saw stores putting up signs saying they would not accept copies of albums that had one or two hits on it. I think Shaggy might have been the first artist where as soon as ripping happened, because you'd see rows of that CD that had "It Wasn't Me" on it in the used shops.

Dude, you and your little group spend WAAAAAY too much time thinking about me.

And lol at "your" label conspiracy theory. It's a pretty common theme amongst those who wonder why Axl hasn't released the CD follow-up.

But that is one difference between the two of us. You'll "laugh" at something like that. But if the opposite is true and you are 100% wrong, and it turns out that Axl hasn't submitted anything.......I won't "laugh" at you. I'll just be disappointed that my favorite singer isn't releasing music.

• Like 1

Don't know about that, then... I know that in the Guns N' Roses Online message board, back on the late 90s Axl was Felix, the Housecat. He went online once and asked everyone what they had thought of Oh My God and everyone talked shit about the song. You guys shattered Axl dreams :lol:

Westminster has a large Vietnamese population, so Rackleff had a lot of experience going after nail salons and vendors that carried pirate videos and music. And being he's a contractor, you know he's making serious bank. I picture him being like the real life version of Shane from The Shield.

http://www.sfgate.com/business/article/Pirates-of-the-CD-Rom-Bootleggers-hunted-by-2980296.php

Edited by dalsh327

Don't know about that, then... I know that in the Guns N' Roses Online message board, back on the late 90s Axl was Felix, the Housecat. He went online once and asked everyone what they had thought of Oh My God and everyone talked shit about the song. You guys shattered Axl dreams :lol:

lol...the cat (don't think its the same cat) was funny. Was disappointed he/she never posted on the forum. I remember everyone taking the piss out the cat but the cat never got pissed! Eventually it just disappeared! The message-board was a bit of a free for all, everyone insulted everyone, twas great.

And lol at "your" label conspiracy theory. It's a pretty common theme amongst those who wonder why Axl hasn't released the CD follow-up.

But that is one difference between the two of us. You'll "laugh" at something like that. But if the opposite is true and you are 100% wrong, and it turns out that Axl hasn't submitted anything.......I won't "laugh" at you. I'll just be disappointed that my favorite singer isn't releasing music.

This guy is something else. You mock and ridicule me every chance you get.

The hypocrisy in killing me.

• Like 1

Makes you think - maybe Chinese Democracy WASN'T going to come out, and it was released unfinished and forced out by Universal as a way to combat this lawsuit because the perfect defense would have been that it wasn't a copyrighted material scheduled to release. Is that too underhanded for a corporation?

Been my contention since the day I listened to it . The whole thing reeks. The bulk of the album being the leaks. Axls curious statement at Leeds implying that the songs they were playing were the ones they were not thinking of putting on the album .. the "whole when its run its course then the other one will drop issue.".the underwhelming quailty of the promotion, production and the ensuing years of nothing but touring . Even the Best Buy deal is baffling ...to me that reeked of quick recoup of costs with the money bet being placed on CD not being the huge platnum selling success of its predesessors. PERHAPS KNOWING that it wouldnt go there and Axl not in cooperation with the whole dynamic The plug was pulled and the album was released ... and I for one think it was a game of one upmanship between GNR and the Industry.

in another take Hypothetically speaking:

Ive speculated that it may even have come from within Camp GNR themselves -the leaks- because the industry was dictating and determining what could and would comprise the song list , artwork, touring and in a "fuck you" to the industry ...With GNR armed with the so called" big guns" in their possession.. GNR cleared the decks by floating the leaks ...the industry called the bluff and played their hand and let the album we call CD go public..hence Axls baffling and underwhelming effort to promote it... and for that matter follow up with anything tangible to date as far as new music. Noting that there has been no new songs played in concert that could be like 2001 that did not see the studio versions until 2008 both officially and unofficially probably is a deliberate effort to thwart control issues of those 90+, 40+ songs rumoured to exist somewhere out there. COntract wars going on behind the scenes? holdout/strike/noncooperation by GNR to wrestle control back? possible. If CDs sales have recouped the initial investment.. then it stands to reason that anything from those sessions is nothing but pure profit from here on out...money screams loudly when its not being made.

Pitmans odd statement of there being no need to record a new album...because there already exists multiple albums .

The touring? Moneys to keep the band on retainer and bankroll the employees roster. While this issue gets resolved either through litigation or arbitation. Time being a factor and given the contentious nature of Axl...I could see him doing just that..holding out as hostage until he gets his just say and due in the matter? ITs also possible that the converse is true and the lable is telling him in essence..no go until you play nice with us? Axl and band just go live their lives and go on about doing their thing...no fuss or worry ...stay busy doing whatever they do until the situation resolves to GNRs liking? No music gets released...no one makes the big money and GNR stays alive to fight another day by doing just exactly what they are doing now? Its possible. Improbable but possible.

What if? The songs played since 2001 and the leaks were songs NOT being considered and were composed deliberately as concert fillers perhaps for a future EP?

Edited by rockerman
  • Like 1

It does seem like Axl is on a "holdout/strike/noncooperation" kick by refusing to release or even talk about new music. Unfortunately, he apparently still hasn't realized that the record company doesn't care, and all he's doing is hurting his current band members, his fans, and most of all, his own career.

Any time I start to get sucked into thinking about maybe the record company is blocking anything, I remember Del's quote (paraphrased) : "the record came out when Axl felt it was done - it's as simple as that."

This guy is something else. You mock and ridicule me every chance you get.

The hypocrisy in killing me.

Who you talking about, Groghan? That dude/chick goes around insulting everyone, calling everyone who disagrees with him, a worshipper or a nutter then acts like he's the one being attacked. I just put guys like him on ignore. Its a lot better not having to sift through 4 pages of his drivel on every single thread.

It does seem like Axl is on a "holdout/strike/noncooperation" kick by refusing to release or even talk about new music. Unfortunately, he apparently still hasn't realized that the record company doesn't care, and all he's doing is hurting his current band members, his fans, and most of all, his own career.

Any time I start to get sucked into thinking about maybe the record company is blocking anything, I remember Del's quote (paraphrased) : "the record came out when Axl felt it was done - it's as simple as that."

Great post. My sentiments exactly.

It's getting to the point where the band announcing more touring seems dutiful, simply due to all the inactivity on the new music front. Filling gaps between the time it takes for Axl to wage his holy war against those who could literally care less.