Zakk Wylde on Dio-era Sabbath: "It's not Black Sabbath"

ShadowOfTheWave

zakk wylde can seriously go take a flying fuck. i read this earlier and it is the same old bullshit of how the dio era doesnt "sound like black sabbath" which is complete and utter nonsense.

what is black sabbath supposed to sound like? the same band with ozzy made the proto type doom album with master of reality, yet the same band made some crappy jazz sounding shit on technical ecstasy and never say die. sabbath had prog influences scattered all over sabbath bloody sabbath and sabotage. does am i going insane sound anything like black sabbath or war pigs? does air dance sound anything like children of the grave or the title track of their first album? fuck no

why? black sabbath never had a set sound, they never did. their sound changed every single album, and sometimes their sound changed from song to song on the same fucking album. the first 2 dio era albums have plenty of songs that resemble the classic sabbath sound. children of the sea, heaven and hell, sign of the southern cross, country girl, falling off the edge of the world sound more like early era sabbath than fucking air dance, juniors eyes, never say die and the rest of the crap on those album.

then if you add in the last 2 sabbath albums with ronnie, dehumanizer and the devil you know, are even closer to sabbath sound of the first 3 or 4 albums than the last 4 albums with ozzy. this all takes into account that bands are never supposed to evolve at anytime, zakks retarded comments also fail to realize that sabbath was already evolving, their sound changed drastically and changed to a point that the same band that created master of reality is not the same band doing never say die.

plus zakk wylde goes on to say how blizzard of oz sounds like sabbath, seriously zakk get your mouth off ozzy's cock. if he actually thinks that, then he is an utter idiot. blizzard of oz sounds 0 like black sabbath.

Edited by bran
  • Like 2

Wylde is an idiot. He can't even get out of Ozzy's lap, so his opinion is useless on this topic. Laughable.

Not only is Dio-era Sabbath better, but their comeback album was insanely better than 13 could ever dream to be.

i met my quota for the day but IOU +1 :P

the devil you know crushes 13 and it isnt even close. man it sucks that ronnie passed away. dio/iommi/geezer were firing on all cylinders and were passed the issues that plagued them in the past, instead we got the most generic boring paint by the numbers album in 13.

• Like 2

the devil you know crushes 13 and it isnt even close. man it sucks that ronnie passed away. dio/iommi/geezer were firing on all cylinders and were passed the issues that plagued them in the past, instead we got the most generic boring paint by the numbers album in 13.

if you think it's bad, listen to the 4 bonus tracks...talk about a shitty bonus

Fuck Zakk. I couldn't give 2 shits what he thinks of Sabbath, he's not the one that decides what is and isn't Sabbath.

Maybe not, but I am. :max:

Solid band or not (which I do agree Dio-Sabbath was), I don't look at them as Black Sabbath. Never have and don't see my view ever changing.

cool story bro.

:takethat:
  • Like 1

Mob Rules was really popular when it came out. We're not just talking about some replacement singer, it's fucking Ronnie James Dio!

yeah exactly.

sabbath was a dying band when ronnie came into the picture. the band lost its sound, had no real direction to go in. ronnie brought the band back and brought a new spin on the old school sabbath formula. gone was the jazzy experimental crap of technical ecstasy and never say die, in came in the heavy crunching riffs of iommi with a little more uptempo flash to it all.

Mob Rules was really popular when it came out. We're not just talking about some replacement singer, it's fucking Ronnie James Dio!

yeah exactly.

sabbath was a dying band when ronnie came into the picture. the band lost its sound, had no real direction to go in. ronnie brought the band back and brought a new spin on the old school sabbath formula. gone was the jazzy experimental crap of technical ecstasy and never say die, in came in the heavy crunching riffs of iommi with a little more uptempo flash to it all.

damn, I love technical ecstasy and never say die :o

• Like 1