Greatest comeback albums ever

wfuckinga

Brave New World - Iron Maiden

Achtung Baby - U2

Is Achtung Baby really a comeback album?

Yeah I could say so, mediocre response both critically and commercially to Rattle and Hum, the band goes away for a while and comes back with a completely different sound, style and energy and releases an album as far removed from their previous work as possible.

Everything Must Go - Manic Street Preachers.

After a band member disappearing people assumed they were done. But they came back with a No. 1 album and single.

Thats gotta be the biggest mystery in rock n roll history, what the fuck happened to him?
I guess he jumped in Seven river. The currents took him out to sea?

the other members of the band never really believed that though.

He talked about the perfecf disappearance and had read books about it. But I doubt he could do that to his family. Unless like Noel said he just went crazy.

You do wonder why if he was going to kill himself, why take 200 quid out of your bank everyday. He must have been on a massive bender.

no body, no sightings apart from some in thailand means swept out to sea.

When I listen Baglady on Plague Lovers I always think hes alive.

I think Edwards committed suicide

In other news Pope shits in woods! :lol:

Apparently in the motor they found like, Ginsters packets and stuff bought from the service station there...so he'd been like, living in his motor?
And In Utero in the tape deck. Holy Bible is like way more depressing than In Utero.

He left his passport, notebooks full of lyrics and a copy of Catcher in the Rye on his bed. He gave band members presents before leaving.

I think he was just building up the guts to do it.

He had a perverse take on life. As in he represented his inner feelings visually. He shaved his head and dressed in Auswitz pjs and Kurt Cobain converse for his last interview.

He was a self harmer who cut himself up around the release of Holy Bible ended up in a mental asylum stubbing cigerettes out on his arm.

Achtung Baby - U2

No Achtung Baby isn't a comeback album. It was the band reinventing themselves but it wasn't a comeback album. u2 was still huge and still loved by fans and critics. It was just them going ina new direction.

All That You Can't Leave Behind is U2's big comeback album. After POP which wasn't recieved all that well from fans and critics(I really like POP) and the Popmart tour which was amazing in my opinion(saw it first hand) but was generally criticized for being over blown and way too self indulgent .... U2 had kinda lost the masses as it wasn't a U2 people recognized anymore and many people weren't even sure they liked. But then came Beautiful Day and the album All That You can't Leave Behind and U2 has basically been on top of the music world ever since. All That You can't Leave Behind cemented U2 as the biggest band in the world.

Achtung Baby - U2

Yeah I could say so, mediocre response both critically and commercially to Rattle and Hum, the band goes away for a while and comes back with a completely different sound, style and energy and releases an album as far removed from their previous work as possible.

they didn't go away for a while though. Rattle and Hum came out in 1989 and Achtung Baby came out in 1991. That's hardly going away. The Rattle and Hum album is great it was the movie that received the negative or critical response, not so much the album. i can kinda see what your'e saying but i don't agree with it. They were too big and popular and nobody was losing faith in them.

I would argue it was a comeback album due to the internal conflicts in the band, the arguments, tension, debates over the quality of the material and the near break up. Granted it is a non-traditional comeback album but for me it still counts.

For me All That You Can't Leave Behind is the critical and commerical comeback album, Achtung Baby is the internal comeback album.

BGWTB - Alice In Chains

King Animal - Soundgarden

Worship Music - Anthrax

Endgame - Megadeth

A Different Kind Of Truth - VH

The Devil You Know - BS

CD

I'd consider The System Has Failed more of a comeback album for Megadeth since Dave said the band was pretty much over before it came out. It was originally supposed to be a Mustaine solo album.
Yeah. It has its moments like the scorpion. Edited by Chewbacca

I wouldn't mind having Friedman back though.

They need Menza back. He's been tearing up the kit lately at some of his clinics. Plus, he's healthy again. Probably won't happen, but Dave should wake up a little bit.

Oh, and Cynic's Traced In Air is also an awesome comeback album after a 14-year hiatus.