Terrible Sequel Titles

James Bond

What are some of the worst sequel titles you've come across? For example, I've always hated cliché words being thrown at the end of titles as well as cheesy subtitles.

Then you get someone like Stallone who calls Rocky VI Rocky Balboa or the fourth Rambo movie just Rambo.

The fourth Fast & Furious movie not having a number in the title so it's pretty much the title of the first movie. It's pretty bad when the latest rerelease of the first movie on DVD/Blu-ray had to add a subtitle so the cover reads The Fast & The Furious: The Original just to differentiate it from the fourth.

Then you get someone like Stallone who calls the fourth Rambo movie just Rambo.

The titles in the Rambo franchise are indeed retarded. The first movie is called First Blood, no problem there. The second movie became Rambo: First Blood part II. Third movie skips the "First Blood" title completely and is called Rambo III and then as you said the 4th film is just Rambo.

Check out this video at around 3.50 http://cinemassacre.com/2006/12/07/chronologically-confused-about-bad-movie-and-video-game-sequel-titles/

Edited by CheapJon

Star trek into darkness

The dark Knight rises

Why exactly are these stupid titles? Not dissing you, just wondering, what is it about these titles that you think is dumb?

They both sounded really dumb to me when they were first announced. They sound normal now because they've settled into our minds, but neither of them are good titles. I don't know how to explain it, they're just bad.

Star trek into darkness

The dark Knight rises

Why exactly are these stupid titles? Not dissing you, just wondering, what is it about these titles that you think is dumb?

They both sounded really dumb to me when they were first announced. They sound normal now because they've settled into our minds, but neither of them are good titles. I don't know how to explain it, they're just bad.

Well I'll agree that Into Darkness sounds a little corny, like they're saying "oohhh, this one is dark. go see it!" when in fact it had nothing to do with the plot at all, but at least they didn't go with just Star Trek 2 or something cheesy like Star Trek: (insert something about Cumberbatch here).

At a point I also thought Dark Knight Rises was a corny title, like they were trying too hard to say "this is the sequel to The Dark Knight," and in some ways I feel like Gotham would've been a better title, but at least the "rises" thing contributed to the plot (Bruce jumping out of the hole/ Robin rising on the platform). Also at least now we can call it "the Dark Knight trilogy" and not something confusing like "Christoper Nolan's Batman reboot trilogy."

Titanic II

Star Wars Episode 1 The Phantom Menace

Not sequels

I was just gonna say the same thing (as a joke, Facekicker, as a joke).

Although... what does Attack of the Clones qualify as? It's a prequel, and yet it's a sequel. It think its name sucks far worse than Phantom Menace, even given that Lucas was trying to pay homage to 1950s B movies or whatever. I didn't think Phantom Menace was that bad of a name. I kinda thought it was cool.. until I saw the movie. Episode 1 needed a verb in the title, although as the aforementioned Episode 2 proved, a verb in the tile doesn't always equal a good name for a film.

Edited by metaforcesaber

It's pretty bad when the latest rerelease of the first movie on DVD/Blu-ray had to add a subtitle so the cover reads The Fast & The Furious: The Original just to differentiate it from the fourth.

I own all the F&F blu-rays and never noticed that until you pointed it out lol.

On topic: The Seed of Chucky.

Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday (not the final)

Attack of the Clones is terrible too. Fuck the prequels.

crying-baby-300x300.jpg

10 Reasons Why The Star Wars Prequels Are Underrated

btchplz.gif

That article reads exactly like the threads here by NuGNR fanboys who can't quite understand why everyone else thinks the album is a turd.

There is a strong overlap between both camps. It's hilarious :lol:

• Like 2