If Axl didn't beat up gunsguy, he probably didn't beat up Erin or Stephanie either(?)

Not sure I follow what a 20 year old story has to do with NOW. Other than he certainly didn't seem threatening to anyone female or male around him. Truth be told none of them were ever angels, if they were we would not have any interest would we?

I think cheating on a partner is really bad too but I don't take shots at Slash.

Heroin? Horrible I dont associate with junkies, yet I appreciate the music some created

Drunks? Don't dig them either...

You see what I mean, none of them were angels there are MANY stories beyond this.

But then again they are historical things. I don't generally bring up what someone did 20 years ago in person to take shots at them....

20 years ago I was very violent, never against a woman mind you but violent nonetheless. Today I am one of the most calm people you would ever meet unless of course I had to be otherwise :) things change, people change, it aint the 80-90s anymore.

Edited by gunsguy

People can change for sure, and in this case I think Axl has.

If he beat the shit out of them well he's a fuck for doing that but its 20 years ago or more and they all got paid off and seem fine so....how long does this string need to be pulled.

Comedian Bill Burr delivers funny but interesting food for thought on the matter here.

Its wrong to hit women but boy sometimes they push a man so hard that...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlvvCYUDHrQ

I don't condone discussing it, as I feel it's been beaten to death at this point

the topic has been beaten to death before in various threads

I'm thinking you could have said this differently. :lol:Seriously, Axl didn't beat Erin to death, he just tore her up bad enough to end her modeling career.

Guest Len B'stard
20 years ago I was very violent,

Not being funny mate but i seen your pic on here, who were you being violent to, the fuckin' boy scouts? :lol:

• Like 2

I don't condone discussing it, as I feel it's been beaten to death at this point

the topic has been beaten to death before in various threads

I'm thinking you could have said this differently. :lol:
Seriously, Axl didn't beat Erin to death, he just tore her up bad enough to end her modeling career.

In all seriousness, JB, why the crusade with this topic right now? Not even talking shit. I'm genuinely curious.

Not being funny mate but i seen your pic on here, who were you being violent to, the fuckin' boy scouts? :lol:I think if you read between the lines, gunsguy is saying that he used to abuse his spouse... a long time ago, but he is a changed, better man, today. Axl Rose is his Hero, and I think it's probably helped in gusguy's recovery to have a positive role model.

Not being funny mate but i seen your pic on here, who were you being violent to, the fuckin' boy scouts? :lol:
I think if you read between the lines, gunsguy is saying that he used to abuse his spouse... a long time ago, but he is a changed, better man, today. Axl Rose is his Hero, and I think it's probably helped in gusguy's recovery to have a positive role model.And if you read the lines Double G also says "Never towards women"

Guest Len B'stard

I was wondering when February's "Axl slaughters women and wears their skin to Disneyland" discussion was going to come up. Surprised I missed it until now.

I got a really vivid mental image of that, thank you :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen

I think if you read between the lines, gunsguy is saying that he used to abuse his spouse... a long time ago, but he is a changed, better man, today. Axl Rose is his Hero, and I think it's probably helped in gusguy's recovery to have a positive role model.
And if you read the lines Double G also says "Never towards women"

Children, obviously.

I was wondering when February's "Axl slaughters women and wears their skin to Disneyland" discussion was going to come up. Surprised I missed it until now.

Well he did say he spends his free time in front of the mirror doing the Buffalo Bill dance...

This is the only aspect of Axl's history which bothers me. Honestly couldn't give a fuck about late starts, streetfights, etc., but hitting women is wrong. Axl has admitted that him and Erin could bring out both the best and worst in each other, and said that his stepdad brought him up to think women were the devil, I also think it's pretty clear he's moved on. While there is evidence from people like Zutaut etc. that Erin would make stuff up to get Axl riled up, it doesn't really excuse hitting her. I guess Axl sees it like the John Lennon song "Getting Better", he had bad views growing up, but he's making amends. The Stephanie story I think is a bit more dubious, from what I remember reading (and from the lyrics to TWAT), it seems Axl got pissed off that Stephanie had guests doing coke around her son Dylan, and he didn't think that was the healthiest environment for a child.

Guest Len B'stard

Well he did say he spends his free time in front of the mirror doing the Buffalo Bill dance...

This is the only aspect of Axl's history which bothers me. Honestly couldn't give a fuck about late starts, streetfights, etc., but hitting women is wrong. Axl has admitted that him and Erin could bring out both the best and worst in each other, and said that his stepdad brought him up to think women were the devil, I also think it's pretty clear he's moved on. While there is evidence from people like Zutaut etc. that Erin would make stuff up to get Axl riled up, it doesn't really excuse hitting her. I guess Axl sees it like the John Lennon song "Getting Better", he had bad views growing up, but he's making amends. The Stephanie story I think is a bit more dubious, from what I remember reading (and from the lyrics to TWAT), it seems Axl got pissed off that Stephanie had guests doing coke around her son Dylan, and he didn't think that was the healthiest environment for a child.

See, there's a degree of moral shakiness here, violence is violence right? It's wrong to hit a woman but surely if the principle of violence being bad is applicable then the streetfights bit should be objectionable too. Maybe not AS objectionable as hitting a woman but still objectionable, especially if it's someone you can quite easily have because, when you strip away all the bullshit thats the main thing behind why you shouldn't hit a woman right, because they're supposedly weaker than men so it's like hitting a kid or something.

I know it's a bit morally shaky, but I guess it does come down to my sexist beliefs :P I was slapped hard by a girl once, for giving her a hickey of all things, and it's the only time I've looked back and thought why was that OK? I mean, obviously it wasn't right for her to hit me, but there's still no chance of me hitting back, best thing is just to walk away. I mean, yeah, it is like hitting a kid; kids can be right shits but it's not right to hit them. I'm sure Ronda Rousey could beat me to a pulp, tho :lol:

I guess when I say streetfights, I mean physical altercations to people he has disagreements with, not random happy slapping :P Not the healthiest way to settle an argument, but it's bad-ass in a rock star rebel sort of way, if he's just beating up knobheads I don't see the harm :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

I can remember about two instances where i've hit a girl in my life, both of em were in secondary school, actually i tell a lie, i only spat in one of ems faces, the first one i hit, in a library, i was in year 7 in school, she was in year 11, the other one i gobbed in her face, from right up close when she made a comment about me that i found objectionable. Not proud of it but hey it happened. I actually got more stick for gobbing in the ones face than i did for smacking the one i smacked, which is odd. It was one of those situations though, she winding me up, going on and on, squaring up to me, she's right in my face and the inner monologues going 'i can't hit her cuz she's a girl, oh wait, i know!' was mingin' too, proper stringey greenie rolling all down her face :lol:

In my defence though, the one i punched was actually hitting me at the time, the story goes that on the school bus i took the mick out of one of her mates and called her a Cyclops cuz she had one funny eye, so her mate catches me in the library and just starts fuckin' goin' for me, now this is Len, 11 yrs old, balls ain't fuckin' dropped yet and this big Berthas fuckin' thumping so i just swung out and punched her in the tit and she started crying and grassed me up to the teachers and I'M the fuckin' one in trouble, get on that, she gets about 11 fuckin' good digs on me, i give her 1, count it, 1 punch on her Big Momma Thornton knockers and I'M the one who gets letters home and has to sit outside the fuckin' headmasters for fortnight.

But yes, generally speaking the principle of hitting a woman is way way way out of order but that aside, if anyone hits me they're gettin' fuckin' dropped, standard and i don't give a fuck if it is a bird. I mean don't get me wrong, i don't mean if a bird slaps me I'm gonna knock her the fuck out or if a girl lashes out on some super emotional thing but I mean if i'm seriously getting hit, continually, in a concerted effort to fuck me up then pfft, i don't give a shit who it is and i don't care if thats fuckin' sexist or what, fuck it. I think thats the same with anybody but you're not supposed to say that for some reason.

Edited by sugaraylen

If he beat the shit out of them well he's a fuck for doing that but its 20 years ago or more and they all got paid off and seem fine so....how long does this string need to be pulled?

Axl hasn't made any new music in 15 years, does that mean he's not a musician anymore?

Honest Question.

Edited by John Bonham
  • Like 2

Obviously I wouldn't let a woman beat me to death :lol: But yeah, if you can walk away from a woman who hits you, just do it, you'll have the high ground. A bloke, well, just hit 'em right back ;)

Back on topic, I think it's a bit rich for people to rag on Axl's flaws considering the household he grew up in, watching his dad beat his mum, getting clocked round the ear for playing pop songs on the piano, etc. Is it any wonder he turned out the way he did? Like Fortus says, on some nights (the best nights for us in the audience), it's clear he's exorcising some demons on that stage. I don't think people should excuse the hitting by saying they deserved etc., that's just wrong, and what Axl did is wrong, but I think it's clear he's been trying to better himself through different means. Like what Matt said about Axl blowing millions on lunacy in Sedona, the guy just needed help, and hopefully he's found it.

Guest Len B'stard
Obviously I wouldn't let a woman beat me to death

You'd be suprised though man, people say that shit like 'nope, nuh uh, not under any circumstances, i would never ever ever ever ever ever hit a woman!' and it always leaves me thinkin' like, are you sure? :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

The 'new man of the 80s' was the kinda generation where the last of those guys was sorta washed away in terms of being societally acceptable. And hey, rightly so. The first of sensitive males :lol:

If he beat the shit out of them well he's a fuck for doing that but its 20 years ago or more and they all got paid off and seem fine so....how long does this string need to be pulled?

Axl hasn't made any new music in 15 years, does that mean he's not a musician anymore?

Honest Question.

i know what you're saying and maybe he should never be forgiven, hell if he was poor he probably would have gone to jail for a few years for what he did.

My point is that his victims seem to be fine and have moved on, having hit Axl where it hurt him most, his heart and wallet.

But you have a valid point that for some this issue will never cool off.

I think if you read between the lines, gunsguy is saying that he used to abuse his spouse... a long time ago, but he is a changed, better man, today. Axl Rose is his Hero, and I think it's probably helped in gusguy's recovery to have a positive role model.

Re-read my post!

Anyway it is clear that things get twisted in this thread to keep shit spewing, for what I donno.

Erin has moved on, why can't you?

sltuo2.jpg