Fun fact: less than a year ago I couldn't tell Erin or Stephanie apart.

I've never understood the fascination with Axl's personal life. Like, who cares?

I've never understood the fascination with Ribfest. Like, who cares?

I don't think people are fascinated with Ribfest. It's just funny. Like Axl's mustache. :lol:

Except that Ribfest is actually a CHARITY event that raises money for child abuse and domestic violence situations. That's quite different than Axl playing weddings and celebrity birthday parties.

There's nothing wrong with either.

I've never understood the fascination with Axl's personal life. Like, who cares?

It's a motherfucking festevial of RIBS man. I would be worried if people weren't fascinated by that.

• Like 3

The point would be what exactly does this thread or any discussion about something we know nothing about determine?

Let's say Axl 100% did every single thing that was said he did, let's say it for the point here...

Is this going to make me hate him? No it's not, it was YEARS ago.

Little story, I met Axl Rose and was with him many times and the person I met was not anything like he was ever painted to be, at all, not even close. I won't destroy his bad boy image but the guy that I was with was caring, interested in me talking, funny, a good regular guy that I can make no statements about anything bad whatsoever. A few of you would say well he would be for a meet n greet etc... I spent HOURS with him and others on more than one occasion in a few different circumstances none of which were a meet n greet, he never made me believe that he had issues of any kind, not even when he did not know we were there...

Look I spent my childhood watching my family ripped apart from domestic violence, I have made amends and I am better for it and the person who did all this is completely a different man in every way. Do I hate him? No I do not, did I then? Sure did but it was MY life at the time.

I don't judge people based on accusations or innuendos, I do based on how people learn and grow.

Axl made plenty of mistakes along the way I am sure, fuck they all did. We are talking about street trash here, junkies, sex addicts. Does it change my love for the band? Not a chance, sorry.

If it were not for the experiences of the band and real life situations we would not be here talking about GNR nor Axl Rose.

Axl was an easy target and diging up 20+ year old news does not make me any less a fan of the frontman.

• Like 3

It's a motherfucking festevial of RIBS man. I would be worried if people weren't fascinated by that.

only thing makes it better is if there's bacon available at the event

The point would be what exactly does this thread or any discussion about something we know nothing about determine?

Let's say Axl 100% did every single thing that was said he did, let's say it for the point here...

Little story, I met Axl Rose and was with him many times and the person I met was not anything like he was ever painted to be, at all, not even close. I won't destroy his bad boy image but the guy that I was with was caring, interested in me talking, funny, a good regular guy that I can make no statements about anything bad whatsoever. A few of you would say well he would be for a meet n greet etc... I spent HOURS with him and others on more than one occasion in a few different circumstances none of which were a meet n greet, he never made me believe that he had issues of any kind, not even when he did not know we were there...

Look I spent my childhood watching my family ripped apart from domestic violence, I have made amends and I am better for it and the person who did all this is completely a different man in every way. Do I hate him? No I do not, did I then? Sure did but it was MY life at the time.

I don't judge people based on accusations or innuendos, I do based on how people learn and grow.

Axl made plenty of mistakes along the way I am sure, fuck they all did. We are talking about street trash here, junkies, sex addicts. Does it change my love for the band? Not a chance, sorry.

If it were not for the experiences of the band and real life situations we would not be here talking about GNR nor Axl Rose.

Axl was an easy target and diging up 20+ year old news does not make me any less a fan of the frontman.

a more interesting conversation would be, how does one get into the situation to spend hours with Axl Rose, and what did he have to say?

a more interesting conversation would be, how does one get into the situation to spend hours with Axl Rose, and what did he have to say?

im sure he talks about stuff just like every other human being...

im sure he talks about stuff just like every other human being...

Yeah but this is a gnr forum, Axl made a joke about the superbowl and already it's got 16,000 + views on this website alone. He obviously generates a lot of discussion.

Well, I know I'm a little late on the discussion, but I don't know if Axl hit those women. Just as I don't know if Woody Allen abused his daughter. On both cases, it seems that yes, they're guilty. I'm a big fan of their work, and try to appreciate without having to envolve their personas in it. But I even sympathyze a little with Axl. Not on the domestic abuse case, but as a person. He seems like a nice person, who did some serious shit in the past. I don't know what his reasons were - not that any justified it - but I'd say I'm his fan, not only a fan of his work. Unlike Allen.

He mostly talked about regular guy to guy things... everything from pizza to movies.

I don't think people are fascinated with Ribfest. It's just funny. Like Axl's mustache. :lol:

Except that Ribfest is actually a CHARITY event that raises money for child abuse and domestic violence situations. That's quite different than Axl playing weddings and celebrity birthday parties.

Yawn.

Why does that make you yawn?

Yawn.

Why does that make you yawn?

Because it's irrelevant?

Never really thought much about it, because like always these cases are he said/she said.

That said though, it's interesting how the two most famous people he's dated come out with these allegations, but noone else. I'm sure he's dated people before and after them, and none of the others say anything about it? I personally don't believe it, he was never charged, so obviously police didn't believe it or didn't have enough evidence to press charges.

There's a lot of nonsense in this thread but the "BUT IT'S HIS BIRTHDAY!" responses have been my favourite.

I'd also think VelvetGirl would show some more sympathy towards the plight of battered women.

In seriousness, those saying he "wasn't convicted, so not guilty" are missing the point. It went to civil court, not criminal. Axl was never charged in criminal court.

As an aside, OJ was found not guilty in criminal court but guilty in civil court. So clearly OJ is innocent.

And cutting a cheque to settle out of court is the equivalent of pleading "no contest". A way to cut your losses and end the case as quick as possible before something worse happens. It does nothing to "clear your name".

Lastly, RibFest rules. Anyone who says otherwise can fuck right off.

Edited by Bards
  • Like 2

Never really thought much about it, because like always these cases are he said/she said.

That said though, it's interesting how the two most famous people he's dated come out with these allegations, but noone else. I'm sure he's dated people before and after them, and none of the others say anything about it? I personally don't believe it, he was never charged, so obviously police didn't believe it or didn't have enough evidence to press charges.

Actually if you read the article, the girl who he moved to LA with had a few interesting things to say. Also domestic violence laws in the US were totally different in the 80's than they are now. Back then you needed the victim. Today you do not.

Also, I ask you - if innocent, why have your lawyers ask for the case to be sealed.

Wow...HOURS? If you added them all together would they equal a whole entire day ya' think? Maybe even two? Oh my gosh, you guys are like BFF's.

:lol: Man are you serious?

I don't see anyone trying to change anyone else's mind here, did I miss something? It's a discussion. Like, what are the possible 3 "new" songs they might play, or, where else might they tour this year, or, will a new album ever come out. See, we talk about shit we know nothing about in almost every thread, so spare us the obligatory speech in this one. If people don't want to discuss this particular topic then don't. There's lots of threads that don't interest me, and you know what I do? Yeah, that's right, of course you know.

Edited by Patience 4 Axl

Wow...HOURS? If you added them all together would they equal a whole entire day ya' think? Maybe even two? Oh my gosh, you guys are like BFF's.

:lol: Man are you serious?

I don't see anyone trying to change anyone else's mind here, did I miss something? It's a discussion. Like, what are the possible 3 "new" songs they might play, or, where else might they tour this year, or, will a new album ever come out. See, we talk about shit we know nothing about in almost every thread, so spare us the obligatory speech in this one. If people don't want to discuss this particular topic then don't. There's lots of threads that don't interest me, and you know what I do? Yeah, that's right, of course you know.

Didn't say the topic does not interest me? I was putting things into perspective and discussing it.