Slash talks Axl no-show at Guns N' Roses Hall of Fame induction

What does it matter now? It's been like 2 years already.

Yeah, yeah, both Slash and Duff said the same shit about not going because if there was drama, but their wives said do it for the fans. Whatever!

I'm still pissed that Miles Kennedy sang the GNR songs.

And it clearly does matter what happened otherwise Slash would have admitted to doing wrong and apologized by now

Admit and apologize for what?

Whatever he was told he needs to, which I'm sure is a laundry list that includes the lying and the Axl bashing in the press and Slash's (failed) attempts to rewrite history to put Axl in a negative light and Slash look like the good guy

It is funny to watch how important it is to certain members to flame the Axl-vs-Slash feud.

I think some posters on here hate Slash as much as Axl does.

Slash needs to apologize to Axl.....lol. Slash is the reason the old band split up. Slash is the reason VR isn't active. Slash made Izzy, Duff and Matt all quit GnR. Slash is a loser for going to Axl's house to talk to him......but is also a loser for NOT going to Axl to talk to him and "apologize."

The way they slant everything, and I mean literally everything, to portray Slash as this evil character is just amusing to watch. And just because their God doesn't like him - so they must also carry that burden. (And yes, these are grown men we are talking about. Not 13-year-old Justin Bieber or Miley Cyrus fans).

I'm sure that Slash would be more than willing to sit down and talk with Axl about everything that happened. And would gladly apologize for his role in breaking up the old band. IF Axl was willing to do the same thing. That's the difference you Axl worshippers don't seem to factor into the equation. Your boy would never admit to fault to anything.

Slash tried to go to a GnR show - Axl refused him entrance. Slash tried to go to Axl's house - Axl refused him entrance. RnR Hall of Fame was a chance to talk, Slash came and Axl came to the city and then pussed out at the last minute. Ball is in Axl's court now.

And agreed DangerousCurves. This grudge crap and "he has to say sorry to me before I'll talk to him" sounds like what you hear in grade school. NOT something you hear from a 52-year-old man. Axl will always be my favorite rock singer, but crap like that is just embarrassing to all GnR fans.

And it clearly does matter what happened otherwise Slash would have admitted to doing wrong and apologized by now

Admit and apologize for what?
Whatever he was told he needs to,

You are fucking kidding me.

Unfortunately, he isn't. There is a small group on here who seriously think like that. They aren't trolling, they aren't trying to be funny. This feud business is serious business to them.

• Like 3

Unless your last name is Bailey or Hudson, I don't really see a need to pick a side. I think some posters on here think that bashing Slash will cause Team Brazil to choose them as the next /Jarmo.

Amen.

The fact that "fans" throw themselves into the feud is just frigging weird.

I have to disagree with his comment about reunion talk being "silly". Only because, if the day ever came, the day when they all (Axl, Duff, Slash, Izzy, and Steven) said "Ok, here is our one shot. We'll do a reunion so everybody will shut up and leave us alone." the world would lose it's collective mind. You would see kindergarten teachers busting out their leather bras, 60 year old bikers digging out their black police caps, and every single ticket would be sold out in record time for every single show. I think i would be the biggest reunion the world has ever seen. I also think that the first time they stepped on stage together, you would see that fire, that grittiness, the passion....because somehow, those 5 men are the soul of that band. There would be nothing "silly" about it. I think that a reunion would light such a fire under Axl's ass, he WOULD be back to his old self, running around on stage, screaming with that iconic siren-like wail, spitting fire, the whole nine yards. Slash would be alternating between running, hopping, spinning, and the extreme backbend. Duff and Steven wold be jamming on the riser like they never stopped....and Izzy. Izzy would be standing there looking like the cool motherfucker he is.

Sadly, just another fantasy for us fans.

I just hope it would be more VH than Pistols reunion. I would hope for a slightly more mature UYI type cd. Slash opener, mostly the band playing on Izzy songs with Axl getting two epics to end each side. A Duff song. Maybe a cover of Thin Lizzys The Boys are Back in Town.

Slash is clearly the bigger man. He holds no grudge, doesn't think Axl is the devil (ridiculous), and just lives his life. Axl probably sits at home all night lurking on Slash's Facebook page. I'm sure he's checked his Twitter. I saw GN'R in 2006 and they sounded excellent, but I wouldn't see them again unless they have a new album. I'd go see Slash anytime.

Axl could get his voice back if he was that way inclined, you would hope a reunion would spur him on down the path of rehearsing, getting his voice in shape, etc

Axl's way too used to being the boss and having it his way-if he doesn't wanna rehearse who in his band is going to stand up to him?

"Great job Axl, that taco sauce spilled on your chin and collar looks rad too-you're awesome man!"

Anyway, none of the classic band are going to be interested in a repeat of the mid 90's writing and recording sessions or returning as underlings so it is just silly talk.

The comments in that UCR link are exactly what "Joe Six Pack" and every other person I've ever spoken to in the flesh about GNR- they have all said something like Axl is either a drug addict, wanker, crazy, fat, cant sing, ruined the band and his Chinese Democracy album sucked (if they even know it's finally out) or a combination of some or all of the above.

"In real life", I know ONE OTHER PERSON who likes the songs on Chinese Democracy.

Captain Obvious, over and out

I figure it won't be too long before we are Gn'R-educated by some kids who were in diapers during AFD who are hoping for party passes by denying Slash's importance to the Gn'R legacy.

Great interview by Slash. He's gotta be tired of these questions but to his credit he still answers them.

You do realize that people who were in their diapers "during AFD" are now almost 30 years old? Just food for thought. You're not exactly talking about children anymore.

Well that's scary... but you are right. Still seems like the last decade was the '90's.