Original Kiss will not perform at Rock Hall

ShadowOfTheWave

Ace certainly looks rough these days but I'm glad he's staying healthy and happy.

All of this doesn't at all surprise me. I figured that a reunion performance was out of the question, especially since Paul and Gene have really been pushing the current line-up more the last few years with two new albums and constant touring. I support the current KISS line-up but I'm glad that they've opted not to perform. Paul had a good article that made lots of sense. It would have been as silly as the Rock Honors in 2007 when the current line-up played, meanwhile Ace was there and demoted to a supergroup doing God Of Thunder. Having no formation of the band play kind of sucks, but it's the best way around the clusterfuck.

I'd say they should have inducted every member of KISS. Even Tommy Thayer. The guy has been on the latest two albums and has songwriting credits dating back to the eighties.

Yeah, I defiantly think Tommy is as viable as Bruce, Vinnie, etc

Ace just looks natural (and drug fucked)...I like how he doesn't wear a wig either.

Thayer can suck a cock for all I care but that's a fair point, also both Erics, Vinnie and Bruce all played big roles too.

Dunno about Thayer being involved in the 80's...(not saying he wasn't but it's news to me)

Ace is cooler than KISS anyways, hoping he gets the new album out soon.

Edited by DR DOOM

Ace just looks natural (and drug fucked)...I like how he doesn't wear a wig either.

Thayer can suck a cock for all I care but that's a fair point, also both Erics, Vinnie and Bruce all played big roles too.

Dunno about Thayer being involved in the 80's...(not saying he wasn't but it's news to me)

Gene produced Thayer's shitty band Black N' Blue and after that, I believe Thayer became Gene's errand boy

You speak the truth my friend. Go see Ace live and you'll get 10 times the show KISS puts on for a fraction of the cost. Gene and Paul don't have a leg to stand on here, but luckily they've been disappointing us for years that it doesn't even register with the hardcore fans anymore.

• Like 1

Ace certainly looks rough these days but I'm glad he's staying healthy and happy.

All of this doesn't at all surprise me. I figured that a reunion performance was out of the question, especially since Paul and Gene have really been pushing the current line-up more the last few years with two new albums and constant touring. I support the current KISS line-up but I'm glad that they've opted not to perform. Paul had a good article that made lots of sense. It would have been as silly as the Rock Honors in 2007 when the current line-up played, meanwhile Ace was there and demoted to a supergroup doing God Of Thunder. Having no formation of the band play kind of sucks, but it's the best way around the clusterfuck.

I'd say they should have inducted every member of KISS. Even Tommy Thayer. The guy has been on the latest two albums and has songwriting credits dating back to the eighties.

Yeah, I defiantly think Tommy is as viable as Bruce, Vinnie, etc

Indeed. It would have been a fair point say ten years ago to not have Thayer inducted, but by now he's paid his dues and has appeared on two albums so to me that makes him as viable as Vinnie Vincent at the very least. That's all the make-up controversy aside of course.

Thayer was involved by the late eighties. Like mentioned, Gene was producing Thayer's band at the time and they opened for KISS. That's how Thayer worked his way into the KISS camp. He has songwriting credits dating back to Hot in the Shade (maybe even Crazy Nights but my memory is failing here). He's even got a couple of co-writing credits on Carnival of Souls. So yes, he was around. He's also produced pretty much every KISS DVD in existence.

the hall is a joke. they have no rules they pull stuff out of their ass whenever they feel like it and fuck over others for no reason whatsoever. how ronnie james dio is kept out of sabbath's induction despite being part of some legacy defining albums, yet trujilo gets in with metallica while playing on 1 album. i hope more and more bands say fuck you to the hall and refuse to show up or at least bash the fucking place in public like paul is doing here.

I completely agree. The Pistols called the Hall a 'piss stain' if I recall, and they were completely right.

Johnny Rotten would never step foot in the Rock Hall, but if PiL were inducted, John Lydon would. I don't think he'd expect it. Hopefully the documentary and new book will help explain how and why they matter.

Back to KISS - there's been an ongoing grudge match between them for a long time, but hopefully they'll be gracious towards each other and to the fans. I do think they care about each other like brothers more than they want to let on. The makeup will be off, they're just going to be a bunch of New York guys on home turf being acknowledged for their work. Obviously not for the body of work, otherwise they'd all be included.

Edited by dalsh327

Really? I saw Kiss in, 2011 I think it was, and it was one of the greatest concerts I have ever been to. And I do not agree with their make-up policy either - and I am a big Ace fan - so those are tall words from me.

We just have very different tastes then. I saw KISS in 2010 and it was one of the most embarrassing shows I've ever seen. Half assed, lacking any sort of emotion, and just an overall boring show. And I had no reason not to like it because they were playing mostly Alive which is my favorite Kiss album. They completely lost me there, and I say that having enjoyed their two most recent albums. I can listen to the albums and really enjoy them for what they are (they are Kiss' best in decades) but after my experience I will never pay to see them live again.

I saw KISS in 2009 and 2011. Both were good shows but the 2009 show was a ton of fun. It was their last ever show at Cobo, they did a ton of Alive, my buddy and I went in make up for the hell of it, were in the last row on Tommy's side and it was wild. The crowd was great, the stage show was awesome, just a really fun show.

The gig 2 years later at Pine Knob (an ampitheater) was fun too but that first gig was just a really good time.

Really? I saw Kiss in, 2011 I think it was, and it was one of the greatest concerts I have ever been to. And I do not agree with their make-up policy either - and I am a big Ace fan - so those are tall words from me.

We just have very different tastes then. I saw KISS in 2010 and it was one of the most embarrassing shows I've ever seen. Half assed, lacking any sort of emotion, and just an overall boring show. And I had no reason not to like it because they were playing mostly Alive which is my favorite Kiss album. They completely lost me there, and I say that having enjoyed their two most recent albums. I can listen to the albums and really enjoy them for what they are (they are Kiss' best in decades) but after my experience I will never pay to see them live again.

Maybe Kiss were having a, bad day at the office?

wonder who will perform at this year's ceremony?

no kiss

cat stevens? it's gonna be controversial enough just for him to be there

linda ronstadt can no longer perform due to illness

nirvana? no cobain...

that leaves peter gabriel and hall & oates

no kiss

nirvana? no cobain...

What a dud ceremony, then. Hope Cat Stevens and Ace + Peter at least play

no kiss

nirvana? no cobain...

What a dud ceremony, then. Hope Cat Stevens and Ace + Peter at least play

ace and peter may not even show up

i think ace has already alluded that he doesn't see the point if he's not performing

I wish Eric Carr was still alive. He used to live in one of my old New York neighborhoods. His mom had a dress shop around the corner from my house. Once in a while he would visit he. I heard he bought her a house on Long Island and she sold the house in Brooklyn.

My father met him a few times and said he was so nice. It sucked that he had cancer and died at such a young age. I think if Eric was still alive, he would definitely still be in Kiss.