Guitarists: what are you favorite GNR bits to play?

I don't mean which SONGS you like playing, start to finish, but rather which bits of which songs do you like to play?

For me, I fucking LOVE dialing in some crunch on my tube amp, breaking out the Les Paul, and playing Izzy's Mr. Brownstone rhythm parts. I also like Izzy's Nightrain rhythm part.

Slash's KOHD solo is a ton of fun to play, and while very simple, it sounds impressive ;) Good for showing off!

What about you?

Wrong section I think.

The ending Paradise City solo is fun (I'm not claiming to be able to do it note for note... I doubt Slash even does it note for note to the recording), the main riff of YCBM is awesome to play. Hm, what else, ah the WTTJ intro is great with some delay. The WTTJ ending (literally that last cadence of 9 chords) is a bunch of fun, same with the constant structure part during the interlude. I like playing the verse riffs to Think About You, and Anything Goes. There aren't really any GNR parts that I do not enjoy...

Edited by OmarBradley

The acoustic Lies version of You're Crazy is fun to play, simple chords but you can really just lay back and play some funky rhythmic things

Brownstone's main riffs and solo are always a favorite

Estranged is great because you feel really epic while playing it, Slash's note choices during the solos are just top notch and really fun to play.

None of the GNR catalougue is especially hard to play except for some of the guitar wankery moments on CD and some of Slash's phrasing during select solos. But they are wonderfully writtern and fun to play on guitar

Edited by WhazUp

I play almost all the song except the shred parts (Riad or Shackler solo for example), and songs that I just don't care.

Jungle, It's So Easy, Michelle, Brownstone from Appetite.

Estranged, Yesterdays, Double Talking Jive, Locomotive from Use.

Black Leather, Ain't It Fun from Spaghetti.

Better (that kick ass bridge!), TWAT (rythmic section and finck solo), IRS (Black Sabbath style), Chinese (love it, it's heavy), If The World and Sorry. Funny I spent so much time trying to learn the CD songs, that the album is my favorite to play.

Edited by Silent Jay

The main riff of Double Talkin Jive is fun as hell to play. I also enjoy the intro, verse, and chorus riffs of Right Next Door to Hell. The Back Off Bitch verse riff is fun.

Of course the main riff of Mr. Brownstone is an essential choice. November Rain solos are fun, but can be tricky if you aren't used to the finger movements near the end of the first solo and last solo.

No one mentioned the Guitar stuff in Coma where its a slower but steady solo. Personally, every time i hear it, i expected it to be longer or do more, but it still sounds killer

The last 2 minutes has been on my "to do" list for a while, thanks for reminding me!

I love every bit of Better, the chords are fantastic and I love playing the solo (properly.. Not DJ style..). TIL and TWAT solos are fun too. I like trying to play KOHD as Fortus does.. His hands are magical..

The main riff to Mr. Brownstone

Intro and main riff to My Michelle

It's So Easy is all around a really fun song

Same can be said about Don't Damn Me

Same can be said about Nightrain

Patience

Dead Horse

Rocket Queen

The Garden

Outro to November Rain

Sweet Child O Mine solo

14 Years solo

Get In The Ring intro

I've always loved playing Right Next Door to Hell

Though its a cover, Slash's interpretation of Aint it Fun rules

The outro solo in Double Talkin Jive

Paradise City outro

It's an easy one but I really like playing Bad Apples

One in a Million has a great chord progression

Pretty much any Guns N' Roses song is really fun to play, I cut my teeth as a guitar player playing nothing but GNR riffs and solos when I was like 14. Good times

Edited by sweetness

The main riff to Mr. Brownstone

Intro and main riff to My Michelle

It's So Easy is all around a really fun song

Same can be said about Don't Damn Me

Same can be said about Nightrain

Patience

Dead Horse

Rocket Queen

The Garden

Outro to November Rain

Sweet Child O Mine solo

14 Years solo

Get In The Ring intro

I've always loved playing Right Next Door to Hell

Though its a cover, Slash's interpretation of Aint it Fun rules

The outro solo in Double Talkin Jive

Paradise City outro

It's an easy one but I really like playing Bad Apples

One in a Million has a great chord progression

Pretty much any Guns N' Roses song is really fun to play, I cut my teeth as a guitar player playing nothing but GNR riffs and solos when I was like 14. Good times

Everything here down to his words except I can't play the PC outro yet, replace Ain't It Fun with the Black Leather riff and I hate Bad Apples.

The bulk of the shit I've learnt so far since I started playing a year and a half ago is Guns, even just the little things like like dialling down the tone all the way on my rhythm pickup for all my leads I've got from Slash and Izzy.

Also that A (G#) ringing out at the VERY very beginning of You Could Be Mine, and the way how, if you play it in a guitar shop, it's not too obvious right away what you're playing or doing as you're just letting it ring out, then you kick into the song and then people know.

Edited by Snake-Pit

plus playing the B to the open B at the very start of the Welcome To The Jungle intro, and then that intro, and the riff and the solos... in fact, Welcome To The Jungle's a pretty fun song to play. Rocket Queen too, that riff is awesome and I love, LOVE the intro to Rocket Queen. I love the first B to the B in Welcome To The Jungle though.

In my head that opening B to B from Welcome To The Jungle translates to 'Bananananana, Bananananananana... Before setting off into the intro/Banana Nanana Nanana Nanana...

And Dead Horse, that whole A to E to A to E thing too.

*** Please note, in Eb/D# it's not B, it's A#, and It's not A it's G#, and it's not E, but D#. - I just pretend all these notes are in E standard when referencing them.

Edited by Snake-Pit

I hate Bad Apples.

:lol: If I'm remembering correctly I'm pretty sure Lenny and I are the only members of the forum who dig Bad Apples

I like Bad Apples :) Fun to play aswell. Other favourites to play - Rocket Queen, My Michelle, Think About You, Coma, Right Next Door to Hell, Estranged & Better.