Why does Think About You get such a bad rap here?

AFD often gets lauded as a near perfect album, but there are some pretty big misses, and I'd say think about you is one. Think about you, anything goes, and you're crazy are three of them. Honestly personally I don't think time has been kind to out ta get me or my Michelle. Also "turn around bitch I have a use for you" taints it's so easy pretty bad to a modern listener. Though it's so easy is hardly the only song with that sort of problem. Back off bitch is a nice rocking song undone by not only misogynistic, but simply bad lyrics. The more contemporary the lyrics, meaning hair metal sleaze style, the worse they were. The difference between Axl's lyrics when he wrote about personal subjects versus songs like anything goes is umbelievable (though his personal feuds coming up in songs are cringeworthy).

The more I think about it, lyrically Axl is/was about 50/50. When he hit, he nailed it but when he missed... Good god.

This is a terrible outlook on the album! I disagree with 90% of what you just said.

Kind of extreme, but I can see that. Anything else you'd strike from the records?

Across all records? Sure. Off the top of my head.... So Fine, My World, Back Off Bitch, Don't Damn Me, Shackler's, Scraped, Rhiad, If The World and Sorry.

Kind of extreme, but I can see that. Anything else you'd strike from the records?

Across all records? Sure. Off the top of my head.... So Fine, My World, Back Off Bitch, Don't Damn Me, Shackler's, Scraped, Rhiad, If The World and Sorry.

All my favourites!

All my favourites!

Congratulations. You and I are now mortal enemies.

Out ta Get Me is complete trash. Most generic riff on AFD, and the lyrics are juvenile.

You're Crazy isn't anywhere near as good as the Lies version, but it's still You're Crazy, so it's still great.

My Michelle just doesn't work for me. The style of the song doesn't fit the band. If I wanted to listen to something like that I'd listen to Judas Priest.

I don't even need to say anything about Anything Goes. It's ruined as soon as the intro, with that fucking stretchy balloon sound.

Edited by bacardimayne

All my favourites!

Congratulations. You and I are now mortal enemies.

The more the merrier!

I'd probably add My Michelle to the strike it from the records list. Out ta Get Me at least has an aggression and an energy to it that saves it from the shit heap where Think about You and Anything Goes reside.

Seriously?

THEY'RE OUT TA GET ME

THEY WON'T CATCH ME

CUZ I'M INNOCENT

SO YOU CAN SUCK ME

DUH NUH NUHHHHH NUH NUHHHHHHH

Complete fucking garbage.

• Like 1

I like Out ta Get Me, but only live versions of it. Same with My Michelle. Don't know what it is, I've just never been able to properly "digest" them in a studio form.

I agree with all of that, except for Shackler's. I kinda like Scraped and Riad N' The Bedouins, but ehh... If they disappeared or I had never heard them, my life wouldn't be any better or any worse. Couldn't care less about Sorry or If the World, they never did anything for me personally. I'd add most of "The Spaghetti Incident?!" album, too, maybe all of it. I seem to think there was a song in there I liked. Can't recall though, been awhile since I listened. Never been a fan of the concept of cover albums.

"turn round bitch i have a use for you" taints it for the modern listener....hahahaha
i guess if you're fag

"It's So Easy" has only been tainted for one person, and that was the dude who got kicked out mid-song in 2001.

I'd probably add My Michelle to the strike it from the records list. Out ta Get Me at least has an aggression and an energy to it that saves it from the shit heap where Think about You and Anything Goes reside.

Seriously?

THEY'RE OUT TA GET ME

THEY WON'T CATCH ME

CUZ I'M INNOCENT

SO YOU CAN SUCK ME

Yeah, you're probably right. I probably should hate it. I'm not sure why I don't.

It's kind of anti-authoritarian? "They break down the door, and they read my rights".... you know? Right? I'm clutching at straws here, man, help me out.

I love ISE but that line is pretty dumb. Whenever I hear it I picture balding 50 year olds in jean jackets and sunglasses headbanging and saying "fuck yeah".

Honestly I feel that way about a lot of GNR songs. Sometimes there is some killer music but not so great lyrics, or even one line. Hell I think even scraped could have gotten by musically if the lyrics weren't so cringe inducing.

I like Out ta Get Me, but only live versions of it. Same with My Michelle. Don't know what it is, I've just never been able to properly "digest" them in a studio form.

I agree with all of that, except for Shackler's. I kinda like Scraped and Riad N' The Bedouins, but ehh... If they disappeared or I had never heard them, my life wouldn't be any better or any worse. Couldn't care less about Sorry or If the World, they never did anything for me personally. I'd add most of "The Spaghetti Incident?!" album, too, maybe all of it. I seem to think there was a song in there I liked. Can't recall though, been awhile since I listened. Never been a fan of the concept of cover albums.

I didn't even bother mentioning TSI. I love Human Being, though. Only song on there I listen to, but it's one of my favorite GNR tracks.

Seriously?

THEY'RE OUT TA GET ME

THEY WON'T CATCH ME

CUZ I'M INNOCENT

SO YOU CAN SUCK ME

Yeah, you're probably right. I probably should hate it. I'm not sure why I don't.

It's kind of anti-authoritarian? "They break down the door, and they read my rights".... you know? Right? I'm clutching at straws here, man, help me out.

Moreover, they rape his rights, but not read them.