Why does Think About You get such a bad rap here?

It's not the best song on AFD, but it often gets treated like the worst. I don't get it. It's got a bit of a cheesy Heart vibe that the other songs don't have (save for My Michelle), but it's much better than Anything Goes, My Michelle and Out ta Get Me.

Its a better song than Out Ta Get Me?! What?!

Its a great song. The thing that brings it down is the chorus. Its a tad gay, which isn't bad, but it just isn't as badass as the other songs on the album. Aside from that chorus its a solid tune. But yeah, its probably the worst on Appetite. Seriously, Anything Goes is underrated. Thats a bad ass barn burner and its one of the very few songs not to be overplayed.

I love it.. I always have. I was so excited when it made its way into the setlist in 2002.

Not Epic, but just a good feel good tune :)

Look at Izzy and Richard Rocking Out Together... My Two Fav Guitarists in GNR on Rhythm. :)

Edited by War2k14

No, the fast version of You're Crazy is the worst on the album, but Think About You is right behind it and closely followed by Anything Goes.

This is pretty spot on.

AFD doesn't have a bad song, but those three are the weakest songs in the bunch. I used to hate Out Ta Get Me (And I think the "fucking innocent" verses are kind of unneeded), but it's grown on me more and more with each listen. The opening gets me everytime.

AFD often gets lauded as a near perfect album, but there are some pretty big misses, and I'd say think about you is one. Think about you, anything goes, and you're crazy are three of them. Honestly personally I don't think time has been kind to out ta get me or my Michelle. Also "turn around bitch I have a use for you" taints it's so easy pretty bad to a modern listener. Though it's so easy is hardly the only song with that sort of problem. Back off bitch is a nice rocking song undone by not only misogynistic, but simply bad lyrics. The more contemporary the lyrics, meaning hair metal sleaze style, the worse they were. The difference between Axl's lyrics when he wrote about personal subjects versus songs like anything goes is umbelievable (though his personal feuds coming up in songs are cringeworthy).

The more I think about it, lyrically Axl is/was about 50/50. When he hit, he nailed it but when he missed... Good god.

• Like 1

Yeah, I gotta say You're Crazy is the worst on the album. Anything Goes isn't as bad as people say, though still one of the weaker ones. Think About You is in that same bunch, but just a bit better.

I like the riffs on Out Ta Get Me but I'm not a big fan of the song overall. I skip this most of the time to get to Mr. Brownstone, which is in the top 3 on the album.

Of course, I think the Illusions are better records, but AFD is a fucking freight train overall.