Why does Think About You get such a bad rap here?

I love AFD, all songs, but when I first started to listen to it, the songs I liked most were Think About You and My Michelle. I was still very young and not into rock at all at the time. Those two are the easiest to get into, the most accessible, for me anyway.

Sure, some songs on AFD sound a bit juvenile or dated like Out Ta get Me...but it was the 80's.

It's easy to take the piss out of them now I guess, but stuff like NIN's shouty angst sounds dated and clichéd already and is just as infantile.

The end of Think About You is what makes it, it sort of reminds me of Aerosmith's No More No More in a way.

I find AFD to be a perfect album it has no bad songs but it certainly has levels of greatness. Think About You is just a good song but nothing that screams the best song on the album at least to me.

Edited by MEXzilla

Who would've thought he could come up with shit like Estranged, Locomotive, Civil War, Catcher and Breakdown from most of the Appetite lyrics lol. I think the lyrics on CD aren't anywhere near as strong as they could've been, especially with the amount of time it took to come to fruition.

It's not the best song on AFD, but it often gets treated like the worst. I don't get it. It's got a bit of a cheesy Heart vibe that the other songs don't have (save for My Michelle), but it's much better than Anything Goes, My Michelle and Out ta Get Me.

I thought you were having a go at my Man - Think About You, and I would have unleashed my fury and tongue like a razor on you, but you were referring to the song - so, umm, like carry-on!

:-)

• Like 1

It's not the best song on AFD, but it often gets treated like the worst. I don't get it. It's got a bit of a cheesy Heart vibe that the other songs don't have (save for My Michelle), but it's much better than Anything Goes, My Michelle and Out ta Get Me.

people just always have to complain about something, and seek for the imperfect thing on a so called perfect thing, in this case the AFD album, because of jaelousy or because of the vision that there is no such thing as perfection, they are looking to debunk the statement of AFD being a perfect album, or just taking the song, everybody has an opinion and when lots of people say oh think about you is great blablabla then you have those who have to be against it and say Think about you sucks blablabla :P Same is with the whole rolling stones vs the beatles thing people always have to fight about something or deffend their opinion and what they stand for lol, now personally i really like Think About you

people just always have to complain about something, and seek for the imperfect thing on a so called perfect thing, in this case the AFD album, because of jaelousy or because of the vision that there is no such thing as perfection, they are looking to debunk the statement of AFD being a perfect album, or just taking the song, everybody has an opinion and when lots of people say oh think about you is great blablabla then you have those who have to be against it and say Think about you sucks blablabla :P Same is with the whole rolling stones vs the beatles thing people always have to fight about something or deffend their opinion and what they stand for lol, now personally i really like Think About you

:heart::wub::hug:

Guest Gunns

thinkaboutyou is a long serving member of this community, those who dont like him should take a long hard look at themselves.

• Like 1

:heart::wub::hug:

hahaha much lovee right here :D:hug:

My favourite part of Think about you, is the end! :)

Not meant as a joke though :) I mean when everything drops out apart from the acoustic and axl... I don't know how many times I've rewound that part, just brilliant!

Not my favourite guns song but I would love to hear it live someday!

Izzy even has a solo on it. Gotta love that.

This

But i disaggree with you.Out'ta Get Me is better

Anything Goes is pure brilliancy.

if it were intended to be a parody if hair metal, sure.

Not a parody just an early song from the Hollywood Rose days...

Oh and btw the alternative lyrcs version is way better and the studio version outro Axl scream is classic, imho

I'd probably add My Michelle to the strike it from the records list. Out ta Get Me at least has an aggression and an energy to it that saves it from the shit heap where Think about You and Anything Goes reside.

Seriously?

THEY'RE OUT TA GET ME

THEY WON'T CATCH ME

CUZ I'M INNOCENT

SO YOU CAN SUCK ME

DUH NUH NUHHHHH NUH NUHHHHHHH

Complete fucking garbage.

You know what's funny? The band wrote that song when they're older than you now and you're babbling about this "juvenile" shit...

Novermber rain is the most cheesiest shit that Axl/GNR ever done and you probably love that song...

Edited by Crash Diet

I think its a pretty good song. The best part for me, is this. Back in 87 when I god AFD on cassette, this song was right before "Sweet Child", so I had to listen to it. Sometimes I would fast forward to get to the end, but I still heard the ending of "Think About You" a million times, just to get to "Sweet Child".

Ahhh, the old days of cassette tapes.

I'd probably add My Michelle to the strike it from the records list. Out ta Get Me at least has an aggression and an energy to it that saves it from the shit heap where Think about You and Anything Goes reside.

Seriously?

THEY'RE OUT TA GET ME

THEY WON'T CATCH ME

CUZ I'M INNOCENT

SO YOU CAN SUCK ME

DUH NUH NUHHHHH NUH NUHHHHHHH

Complete fucking garbage.

No kidding! The one show I went to had fucking Out Ta Get Me, but no Better or Shackler's Revenge.