Why do you love and support this band?

I wouldn't say I love this current line-up. I tolerate it.

Because I was such a huge fan of the guy in his prime, I'm willing to accept the current line-up if the alternative is, literally, nothing.

Strongly disagree. Nothing, to me, is better than a botched clusterfuck with a lazy, careless, way out of shape Axl.

Let me clarify this a bit.

The state of his live performances the past few years is very troubling. No doubt.

But if you are asking me to choose between :

- Axl having his last public appearance at the 1994 RNR HOF and then never being seen again

- Eventually putting out a good, not great album with a new line-up and, at least for a bit, giving us decent shows

Then give me the latter.

I wouldn't say I love this current line-up. I tolerate it.

Because I was such a huge fan of the guy in his prime, I'm willing to accept the current line-up if the alternative is, literally, nothing.

Strongly disagree. Nothing, to me, is better than a botched clusterfuck with a lazy, careless, way out of shape Axl.
Let me clarify this a bit.

The state of his live performances the past few years is very troubling. No doubt.

But if you are asking me to choose between :

- Axl having his last public appearance at the 1994 RNR HOF and then never being seen again

- Eventually putting out a good, not great album with a new line-up and, at least for a bit, giving us decent shows

Then give me the latter.

I guess it depends on what you think of that one album. I along with most think it wasn't worth the wait. Far from worth it, actually. And it did nothing.

At least had he quit in '94, he wouldn't be more known for the mockery he turned this clown fest into than for the major things he accomplished in the heyday.

All this time, his most major accomplishments have been dividing the hardcore fanbase in half, a 15 million dollar album that did nothing, and shows mooching off the heyday where he mostly sounds like shit with a few exceptional shows from the 06 and '10 era to sprinkle on top.

Was it really worth it? Logic would dictate that it wasn't.

Especially now when he's just out there really not giving a fuck anymore. Yeah. No Axl>half assed Axl.

i personally do not love the current version of GNR

like i loved GNR.

sorry.

it will always be the classic 5 for me.

so fuck me.

i will always support the fans.

they made GNR in the first place.

shouldn't be so badly disrespected on a daily basis.

"Alice Cooper approves this post"

damn it's tough, watching the live stream last night like your favorite team is playing in the playoffs and they lost. you really want the guy to succeed and it seems like he's giving it his all, but something's got to be done. if his voice can be fixed, do something please. if it's damaged beyond repair, say so, address the issue and acknowledge. I'm a bigger fan of the classic lineup, but if it's this or nothing then I'd rather have some gnr than none. the band members are talented, but I wouldn't be upset if any one of them quit or got fired.

I know a lot of you don't think I'm fan and you'll use "fans" to refer to people like me but the fact is I've been posting here longer(much longer) than most of you.

It's pathetic and laughable when people like you try to use your join date here as some sort of street cred for your supposed fandom. It means JACK SHIT. You know what supercedes your precious registration date on this site? Me watching the Ritz gig and the 1988 MTV music awards when they aired live for the very first time.

The opening post is a bit dramatic if you ask me.

It doesn't take a mensa member to take potshots at the lack of music, lack of communication, Axl's towelie voice, DJ Ashba, nostalgia tour, or whatever else. I hate to break this to you, but you're not as profound as you've convinced yourself you are. If you want to bitch about Axl or make fun of the band, hey that's fine, have at it. But you being disgruntled with the band is not a profound moment, sorry.

• Like 1

I know a lot of you don't think I'm fan and you'll use "fans" to refer to people like me but the fact is I've been posting here longer(much longer) than most of you.

It's pathetic and laughable when people like you try to use your join date here as some sort of street cred for your supposed fandom. It means JACK SHIT. You know what supercedes your precious registration date on this site? Me watching the Ritz gig and the 1988 MTV music awards when they aired live for the very first time.

It doesn't take a mensa member to take potshots at the lack of music, lack of communication, Axl's towelie voice, DJ Ashba, nostalgia tour, or whatever else. I hate to break this to you, but you're not as profound as you've convinced yourself you are. If you want to bitch about Axl or make fun of the band, hey that's fine, have at it. But you being disgruntled with the band is not a profound moment, sorry.

STFU loser. the only reason I used the join date was an example as to how long I've been around these boards so I'm not some Johnny come lately who's only here to "hate" on the band. The fact you took me mentioning how long I've been posting here and then had to make a fucking point as to how long you've been a fan for shows what a righteous fucking moron you are. The fact the reason I mentioned how long I've been posting is completely lost on your tiny little brain is hilarious. It wasn't to suggest I'm a bigger or better fan than anyone it was to suggest that despite what others may think, especially those who refer to people like me as "fans", I, along with many others who feel this way have been fans for decades now. If that hurts your fucking feelings I don't give a shit. Now kindly fuck off. It's in your best interest anyways because you come off like a complete and utter douchebag with that post.

Oh and the fact you cropped the quote as to not include the following line "If I wasn't a fan I wouldn't do that" shows how fucking stupid you are. My "join date" reference was clearly pointing out that I'm a Guns N' Roses fan and yes I've been posting here longer than most. People who are not fans do not post on a board for over a decade. Thanks for coming out though loser. Good to know your fandom reaches all the way back to watching Live at the Ritz on MTV when it frts aired. Holy fuck dude you're a hardcore badass fan. Congratulations. Tool.

Edited by Bono

it's confusing.

when i see pic's of LIKE. Bono,i think their band right away.

under a blood red sky by u2 is a great fight album.

about the support for this band…………..i don't know.

it's repetition .

id rather be supportive of fans and what they think.

I guess it depends on what you think of that one album. I along with most think it wasn't worth the wait. Far from worth it, actually. And it did nothing.

If you have any moral fibres in your body you would appreciate the fact that many people actually liked Chinese Democracy and not wish they would never have the pleasure of it by selfishly wanting it was never released.

And did you ACTUALLY sacrifice anything when waiting for the album? Did you put your life on hold? Did you make life decisions you otherwise wouldn't? Or were you simply just not happy with the result and thus are bitter over having had too high expectations, something that is ENTIRELY your own fault?

At least had he quit in '94, he wouldn't be more known for the mockery he turned this clown fest into than for the major things he accomplished in the heyday.

But he isn't.

All this time, his most major accomplishments have been dividing the hardcore fanbase in half, a 15 million dollar album that did nothing, and shows mooching off the heyday where he mostly sounds like shit with a few exceptional shows from the 06 and '10 era to sprinkle on top.

I am sure all the people who like Chinese Democracy and all the millions who have been to GN'R concerts since 2001 and enjoyed them would disagree with your highly subjective feelings which you blindly project.

Was it really worth it? Logic would dictate that it wasn't.

But your premise that everybody feels the same way as you do is simply wrong. Many people have enjoyed his career post-1994, enjoy CD and continue to enjoy GN'R concerts. Wanting to take all this away from them just because you can't handle the fact that you don't like a rock band as much as you used to, is ridiculously pathetic.

Especially now when he's just out there really not giving a fuck anymore. Yeah. No Axl>half assed Axl.

Pure conjecture. I believe he gives a lot of fuck. Otherwise he wouldn't be touring as extensively as he is (he could live off royalties), nor would he play 2.5-3 hrs shows.

All in all you demonstrate a remarkable inability to understand that your bleak outlook on reality isn't shared by everyone, and that whereas you claim to have gotten nothing from GN'R this last years many people are happy things didn't end in the 90s. We are not like you. Thankfully.

And yeah, I know this is "only your opinion", but your opinion is that all the rest of us who have actually enjoyed GN'R post-1994 and continue to do so, shouldn't have this pleasure because YOU would have preferred if the band had ended in the 90s. That is incredibly selfish. If you really don't enjoy the band then just stop caring about it like you ought to do, like normal human beings are able to do when things change. But that is essentially your problem, you can't stop caring about a rock band not being as good as it used to be like 20 years ago, you just can't move on about such a trivial thing as this, and if anything that is the truly sad part of this whole thing.

Edited by SoulMonster

damn it's tough, watching the live stream last night like your favorite team is playing in the playoffs and they lost. you really want the guy to succeed and it seems like he's giving it his all, but something's got to be done. if his voice can be fixed, do something please. if it's damaged beyond repair, say so, address the issue and acknowledge. I'm a bigger fan of the classic lineup, but if it's this or nothing then I'd rather have some gnr than none. the band members are talented, but I wouldn't be upset if any one of them quit or got fired.

Some care about success and career. Some not, cos they only want music.

I don't follow the masses, i just listen to what i like. CD have that cult thing going on, not for everybody. If you want a band who haves singles in the radio, Aerosmith or Bon Jovi are the ones you need to look out. They will release a single that everyone likes, but the soon is out of the radar you will forget about it and you will hate it if they pop up in you mp3 player.

Go away you miserable shit. Srs, ban me if we can't state the fuckin' obvious. If you hate what they're doing so vehemently, stop following them. Axl is never going to heed your frustrations, so if you can't resign yourself to that, do your health a favour and give up on Axl suddenly adapting GNR to suit your fantasy.

Anybody that isn't an obsessive freak - and nitpicks over the tiniest detail - would regard last night's performance as impressive.

You'll never become a mod with an attitude like that.

If you hate dissenting opinions so much, perhaps it's YOU that should leave--- to Jarmos forum. You'd stand a better chance of getting into betas good graces there, anyway. Party Passes woo hoo!

• Like 1

STFU loser. the only reason I used the join date was an example as to how long I've been around these boards so I'm not some Johnny come lately who's only here to "hate" on the band. The fact you took me mentioning how long I've been posting here and then had to make a fucking point as to how long you've been a fan for shows what a righteous fucking moron you are. The fact the reason I mentioned how long I've been posting is completely lost on your tiny little brain is hilarious. It wasn't to suggest I'm a bigger or better fan than anyone it was to suggest that despite what others may think, especially those who refer to people like me as "fans", I, along with many others who feel this way have been fans for decades now. If that hurts your fucking feelings I don't give a shit. Now kindly fuck off. It's in your best interest anyways because you come off like a complete and utter douchebag with that post.

Oh and the fact you cropped the quote as to not include the following line "If I wasn't a fan I wouldn't do that" shows how fucking stupid you are. My "join date" reference was clearly pointing out that I'm a Guns N' Roses fan and yes I've been posting here longer than most. People who are not fans do not post on a board for over a decade. Thanks for coming out though loser. Good to know your fandom reaches all the way back to watching Live at the Ritz on MTV when it frts aired. Holy fuck dude you're a hardcore badass fan. Congratulations. Tool.

U mad bro? You seem a bit angry and bitter, although I suppose most of your posts are like that. But I guess we all can't be superfans with U2 screen names and a stretched aspect ratio Bono picture in our sigs. Tell me, were you a fan of the band back in the old days? I'm just curious

Your opening post is great though. Newsflash, it's not some profound revelation that you're having some existential dilemma as to why people still support the band. You don't understand why people support the band? Tough shit for you I guess. Why don't you make some more angry posts bitching about something, it seems to be your favorite thing to do here.

Go away you miserable shit. Srs, ban me if we can't state the fuckin' obvious. If you hate what they're doing so vehemently, stop following them. Axl is never going to heed your frustrations, so if you can't resign yourself to that, do your health a favour and give up on Axl suddenly adapting GNR to suit your fantasy.

Anybody that isn't an obsessive freak - and nitpicks over the tiniest detail - would regard last night's performance as impressive.

Fuck right off. The general consensus, through this site, Facebook, Youtube, etc., is that it was an awful performance. I showed it to some of my friends yesterday (a couple are casual GNR fans) and guess what they thought? It was awful. They were laughing throughout. I'm sure you have some tiny sample size of hand picked comments or some shit review that Fernando sent you to cite as proof of the overwhelming positive reaction, but let's be real here. The show was bad and the vast majority of people who watched the stream agreed. It wasn't the next Axl Rose Disaster, but it was fucking bad.

So DJ fucking up the most iconic moment in the GNR catalog (for about 40 seconds to boot) and Axl missing an entire verse of a song are the tiniest details? lmfao

Edited by bacardimayne
  • Like 4

So DJ fucking up the most iconic moment in the GNR catalog (for about 40 seconds to boot) and Axl missing an entire verse of a song are the tiniest details? lmfao

Literally nobody other than the forum microscope noticed Axl missing his cue on This I Love. And anyone who is worth listening to would acknowledge that Dj's Sweet Child intro had nothing to do with Dj personally.

• Like 1

Regardless of whether people are familiar enough with the song to notice, Axl still made a huge blunder. He's only fortunate it wasn't on Jungle again.

Regardless of who was at fault for the SCOM issues, it still happened and was a major flaw in the performance. Completely unprofessional from everyone involved to just keep going like they hadn't botched the most recognizable moment in GNR music.

It would have been fine if they had stopped, Axl or DJ had quickly explained the issue and they restarted with a new guitar, but nah.

Edited by bacardimayne

Regardless of whether people are familiar enough with the song to notice, Axl still made a huge blunder. He's only fortunate it wasn't on Jungle again.

Regardless of who was at fault for the SCOM issues, it still happened and was a major flaw in the performance. Completely unprofessional from everyone involved to just keep going like they hadn't botched the most recognizable moment in GNR music.

It would have been fine if they had stopped, Axl or DJ had quickly explained the issue and they restarted with a new guitar, but nah.

A huge blunder, or a small error? I'm not sure your definition of huge blunder is quite accurate. It's only become a point of contention because Bumblefoot so blatantly pointed it out. They could have easily just extended the guitars - but it's very easy to say that with hindsight.

Instead of making a specific point about GNR's professionalism, why not acknowledge the unprofessionalism of the entire production? It wasn't just GNR that experienced problems - just look at the Jett/Momsen performance.

Well, your solution could have made things twice as awkward. Plus, it's very easy to make that point in hindsight. It was an unfortunate thing, and they tried to ride it out. At the time it would have been hard to tell if it was a sound issue that would quickly resolve itself, or Dj's guitar.

A huge blunder, or a small error? I'm not sure your definition of huge blunder is quite accurate. It's only become a point of contention because Bumblefoot so blatantly pointed it out. They could have easily just extended the guitars - but it's very easy to say that with hindsight.

Instead of making a specific point about GNR's professionalism, why not acknowledge the unprofessionalism of the entire production? It wasn't just GNR that experienced problems - just look at the Jett/Momsen performance.

Well, your solution could have made things twice as awkward. Plus, it's very easy to make that point in hindsight. It was an unfortunate thing, and they tried to ride it out. At the time it would have been hard to tell if it was a sound issue that would quickly resolve itself, or Dj's guitar.

There weren't even guitars on that part.

This thread may have been made with genuine intent but it's turned into a bitch fest and I've neither the time, inclination or patience to delete certain posts/contact members.

As usual, mygnrforum will always lead the way (not just in size!) as the best open GNR forum on the planet but im getting increasingly concerned at the over the top/purposely negative/trying to cause trouble/bullshit from an increasing number. BTW for the record, I too thought it was a very disappointing performace from Axl the other night but jesus the way some of you go on is just pathetic, get a fucking grip FFS

Intelligent debate mixed with decent banter? bring it on, love it!

uneducated hateful name-calling and causing trouble? seriously.... just fuck off and go elsewhere, im sick of it.

*Locked*