"Hopefully very soon we're going to have new stuff out.Well in the next year" Richard Fortus on Rollingstone.com-4/24/14

Tbh, I don't think 6 would be such a big hiatus under normal conditions. It's the shadow of the past that makes it troubling.

I agree. 6 years would be acceptable if there wasn't this 15 years gap between albums. Something some people like to ignore to force themselves to believe the band is perfectly functional.

• Like 1

To me, the real reason 6 years is so God damn troubling is because the next album was supposed to have been more or less FINISHED and released while they toured for Chinese. That's per Axl. Dude never delivered, and we have no reason to believe he will.

• Like 1

I find it funny how people say that Axl's a perfectionist, but he's sure as hell not showing it. You would think he would work on his voice, his weight, his performance. You would think he would CARE about what he looks and sounds like. He sure as hell doesn't seem like he does.

As far as the topic, Richard and all the employee's have been saying the same spiel for years now. It's not happening as long as Axl gives a damn, and he doesn't. He only wants to ride the coattails of past glory's because he's to lazy, stubborn an bitter to move on or call up his former friends for a reunion. Now, the Memphis Maf.....Team Brazil have him on auto-pilot with hardly no breaks playing Vegas and club shows. It's over people, what could have been a big rebirth of Guns 'N Roses is now nothing more than a nostalgia act with a bloated Axl Rose.

It's sad, really. Axl could of been one of the greatest front men to ever live, and he threw it all away. When I watch video's of him from the 90's, even from as late as 2010, I see a man with a passion and desire to tour and be the best. Now, I see a man who's a bloated, out of shape, shell of his former self. Hiding behind jackets, sunglasses, and bling, like a big blimp of a mess on stage, with hardly any voice to match the signature songs of yesteryear. No passion, seemingly no desire at all to push this band as Guns N' Roses, just as a touring band. I see a musician who's just going throught the motion's, spinning the wheel to get through each show, like he doesn't seem to have the passion to tour anymore but is doing it as an obligated because he had to. Just like mid-70's Elvis Presley.

The fact that he got the Lifetime Achievement Award astounds me, when he didn't do much but work on one album for 15 of those years. Someone like like Bruce Springsteen, that's who that kind of award show go to. A guy who continues to put out record, sell out shows, stays in fantastic shape in order to tour excessively, and still have a powerful voice.

Edited by GNR123GNR456

The truth is, Axl hasn't given much of a shit since mid 2010. His declining stage performance, physical appearance, and lack of a new album more than attest to that.

I know, and I wish we would be able to find out why. Something obviously happened in the year that made him lose the passion the he had, but what? He was on fire in 2010, than he came out in 2011 like a completely different person.

Unfortunately, we'll never know.

Tbh, I don't think 6 would be such a big hiatus under normal conditions. It's the shadow of the past that makes it troubling.

I agree. 6 years would be acceptable if there wasn't this 15 years gap between albums. Something some people like to ignore to force themselves to believe the band is perfectly functional.

Naw man. Six or seven years between releases is too long.

Bands used to release music every year or every other year.

This 5-to-8 years between album thing happens when bands get RICH and no longer need to put forth the effort. No new up-and-coming bands are releasing albums every 7 years.

If Axl wanted to reinvent GnR with a completely new cast of characters, he should have treated GnR (and their FANS) like it was a band who needed to earn their way to the top. One album in 15 years and just living off the past - that wasn't the proper way to go. And that's why GnR plays Vegas and to 5,000 people a night in the US and Canada instead of to 20,000.

GnR should have released 4-5 albums from 1999 to today. Then they could have went into coast mode.

At the very least, Axl should have released one album by the current band. DJ bills himself as the "lead" guitar player for GnR. And BBF just added to or tweaked songs that were already created. Is it fair to these guys that they haven't gotten to write and record music as GnR??? At the very least Axl should have released an album featuring the best of the leftover songs and a few songs written by this current group - say in 2011. And then there should be another release - solely written by the current band - in 2014. Then they can go into coast/touring band mode.

A competent management team and a semi-motivated Axl would have released at least three albums by now. A great management team and a fully motivated Axl would have released five albums by now.

• Like 1

Richard, and the other members of the band, are just trying to motivate Axl into committing to a plan. They're just a band who are eager to put their stamp on GNR.

Richard, and the other members of the band, are just trying to motivate Axl into committing to a plan. They're just a band who are eager to put their stamp on GNR.

I get the impression that these guys make public statements like this from time to time hoping that Axl picks up on their interest to record/put out more music. Because, you know, God forbid they confront him about it face to face...

I get the impression that these guys make public statements like this from time to time hoping that Axl picks up on their interest to record/put out more music. Because, you know, God forbid they confront him about it face to face...

That's exactly my point. They have no intention of giving the fans false hope, they're just attempting to motivate Axl.

Yes it's unconventional, but Axl is notoriously sensitive.

Edited by NGOG

Without Axl coming to the table with them it's false hope

OK, but the point of my post is to say that they're not intentionally giving us false hope, they're trying to motivate Axl.

That's exactly my point. They have no intention of giving the fans false hope, they're just attempting to motivate Axl.

Yes it's unconventional, but Axl is notoriously sensitive.

Yeah. I mean, let's not forget that these are the guys waiting in the wings until 11-11:30 every night waiting for one man to get motivated. They know if he doesn't feel up to doing something, it ain't gonna happen. I would honestly be shocked if anyone ever said outright something to the affect of "Dude, the songs are done. When are we putting out the next album already?" I think we all know how that conversation would end. So do they.

OK, but the point of my post is to say that they're not intentionally giving us false hope, they're trying to motivate Axl.

They should quit then - I always found that to be a great way to force an employers hand if I wanted more money:)

Naw man. Six or seven years between releases is too long.

Bands used to release music every year or every other year.

This 5-to-8 years between album thing happens when bands get RICH and no longer need to put forth the effort. No new up-and-coming bands are releasing albums every 7 years.

If Axl wanted to reinvent GnR with a completely new cast of characters, he should have treated GnR (and their FANS) like it was a band who needed to earn their way to the top. One album in 15 years and just living off the past - that wasn't the proper way to go. And that's why GnR plays Vegas and to 5,000 people a night in the US and Canada instead of to 20,000.

GnR should have released 4-5 albums from 1999 to today. Then they could have went into coast mode.

At the very least, Axl should have released one album by the current band. DJ bills himself as the "lead" guitar player for GnR. And BBF just added to or tweaked songs that were already created. Is it fair to these guys that they haven't gotten to write and record music as GnR??? At the very least Axl should have released an album featuring the best of the leftover songs and a few songs written by this current group - say in 2011. And then there should be another release - solely written by the current band - in 2014. Then they can go into coast/touring band mode.

A competent management team and a semi-motivated Axl would have released at least three albums by now. A great management team and a fully motivated Axl would have released five albums by now.

seems they're already there , did we miss something ? haha

Even Axl isn't a reliable source.....

He said that we were going to hear silkworms in 2013.... and...

Didn't he say that to a random fan? And wasn't it like "we wanna get that one out this year to y'all"

I need a fing new song honestly.. I enjoy following the torus to an extent but comon we need something!! Anything!! I'm almost to the point where I'm hoping to god that we get more leaks!

I'd rather buy anything Axl put out (I download everyone else's shit lol) I'm young so I can probably outlast Axl but nothing is guaranteed life is short lol so I really want a new album!!

Edited by Estranged Coma

Didn't he say that to a random fan? And wasn't it like "we wanna get that one out this year to y'all"

I need a fing new song honestly.. I enjoy following the torus to an extent but comon we need something!! Anything!! I'm almost to the point where I'm hoping to god that we get more leaks!

I'd rather buy anything Axl put out (I download everyone else's shit lol) I'm young so I can probably outlast Axl but nothing is guaranteed life is short lol so I really want a new album!!

Gunns knows he said it to him

He said "We were thinking about putting that out this year". That was when they were in Australia in 2013 after someone (Gunns, I believe) said how much they liked the song. The statement could have been made in jest, but who knows. Either way it didn't come out and Axl didn't promise it would be out.

As for the main topic: Yeah? Cool.