"Hopefully very soon we're going to have new stuff out.Well in the next year" Richard Fortus on Rollingstone.com-4/24/14

Wasn't the alt dont cry a full performance of the rooftop scene?

yes, they also released that too

but they did just plug in the alt lyrics into the orig video as well

Edited by Sixes

Never liked SI except for a couple of songs, Down on the Farm being my favorite. Though when it was released, I don't remember the attitude about the album being that they were trying too hard. From what I remember (I was 23 at the time it was released) was that people were SICK AND TIRED of GnR. They were way over exposed, too many music videos from Illusions, they were on tv too much, in every magazine.

I find it hard to believe they released a video for Estranged as late as Dec '93, a few weeks after TSI?, and that the single for Estranged was released in Jan '94. But I guess it was more common to milk singles off an album for years back then? I'm still surprised when I see an artist release their 7th single for an album they released 18 months before these days, think Eminem did it with Recovery and there's one other artist who did it recently who I can't currently recall.

Some of the videos they did were not also released as singles. At least not in the states. Can't speak for elsewhere

Yeah, I didn't even know there was a video for The Garden until a few months ago, and I think Garden of Eden and Dead Horse were only physically released on that VHS?

garden of eden and dead horse were played on mtv back then

they also had a don't cry alt lyrics vid which was the same vid as the don't cry original! but i remember (and recorded) the world premiere of the alt lyric video debut!

also garden of eden had 2 versions...one with lyrics scrolling along the bottom, the other without

yesterdays also had 2 versions

and i think live and let die also had 2 versions

This is why we should appreciate to have fans that were around when Guns N' Roses were in their heyday.

Thank you for sharing that with us, Sixes.

Never liked SI except for a couple of songs, Down on the Farm being my favorite. Though when it was released, I don't remember the attitude about the album being that they were trying too hard. From what I remember (I was 23 at the time it was released) was that people were SICK AND TIRED of GnR. They were way over exposed, too many music videos from Illusions, they were on tv too much, in every magazine.

I find it hard to believe they released a video for Estranged as late as Dec '93, a few weeks after TSI?, and that the single for Estranged was released in Jan '94. But I guess it was more common to milk singles off an album for years back then? I'm still surprised when I see an artist release their 7th single for an album they released 18 months before these days, think Eminem did it with Recovery and there's one other artist who did it recently who I can't currently recall.

Some of the videos they did were not also released as singles. At least not in the states. Can't speak for elsewhere

Yeah, I didn't even know there was a video for The Garden until a few months ago, and I think Garden of Eden and Dead Horse were only physically released on that VHS?

they also had a don't cry alt lyrics vid which was the same vid as the don't cry original! but i remember (and recorded) the world premiere of the alt lyric video debut!

also garden of eden had 2 versions...one with lyrics scrolling along the bottom, the other without

This is why we should appreciate to have fans that were around when Guns N' Roses were in their heyday.

Thank you for sharing that with us, Sixes.

no problem...

and now i feel old :headbang:

Wasn't the alt dont cry a full performance of the rooftop scene?

i prefer that one because it stands alone as its own vid unlike the other one they released

Yeah the other one is just really awkward, and I find the original Don't Cry vid way too cheesy anyway (don't think I've ever watched it all the way through).

i'm still trying to figure out what the don't cry vid means all these years later :lol:

i had that same plaid shirt he has on in the don't cry vid and wore that fucking thing for years :facepalm:

Could be worse, you could be wearing the same bicycle shorts:

Axl_Rose_Photo-1.jpg

i may or may not have had a pair back in the day :ph34r: :ph34r:

You could have brought out the plaid shirt again around '07 or so when they came back in fashion. Hell, I still see hipsters wearing plaid today.

i may or may not have had a pair back in the day :ph34r: :ph34r:

You could have brought out the plaid shirt again around '07 or so when they came back in fashion. Hell, I still see hipsters wearing plaid today.

i still wear plaid shirts...unfortunately about 3 sizes bigger than back in 91 though!...kinda like axl ;)

DJ actually looked pretty good in the plaid in 2010 before he went full-ASHBASwag:

1284526782-63006_431317397474_2081304824

That jacket Axl is wearing is horrific yet amazing, I wish I owned it but I couldn't pull it off (or afford it, most likely :P ).

Pls stop Richard. We already know that soon is the word.

i'm still trying to figure out what the don't cry vid means all these years later :lol:

i had that same plaid shirt he has on in the don't cry vid and wore that fucking thing for years :facepalm:

The shirt is awesome.

Yep. I still got the VHS tapes. :)

I got the Garden of Eden VHS tape for £3 just a few years ago from a charity shop in St Andrews before I graduated, no idea where it is now :lol: Never even found a VHS player to watch it...

I got the Garden of Eden VHS tape for £3 just a few years ago from a charity shop in St Andrews before I graduated, no idea where it is now :lol: Never even found a VHS player to watch it...

it's just garden of eden on the tape, nothing else?

No, it's the tape with Dead Horse on it as well:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garden_of_Eden:_Strictly_Limited_Edition

cool, i'd never heard of it before

Ah yes... Garden of Eden with the lyrics, the beginning of karaoke, with the bouncing little ball. Memories...

• Like 1

cool, i'd never heard of it before

It's going for almost nothing on eBay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VHS-Tape-Guns-n-Roses-Garden-of-Eden-/390824769776?pt=UK_DVD_Film_TV_Videos&hash=item5afef8b8f0

"Strictly Limited Edition" my arse! :lol:

I payed 24 euro's for that tape back in the day. Sometime ago I found a dvd/vhs player/recorder and I'm still in the process of burning all my old VHS bootlegs on dvd. The amount of money I spent on bootlegs in the 90s is embarrassing... smilie_girl_075-3.gif 40 euro's for a 3 hour VHS tape, and I have about 100+ ...