"Hopefully very soon we're going to have new stuff out.Well in the next year" Richard Fortus on Rollingstone.com-4/24/14

Without Axl coming to the table with them it's false hope

Even Axl isn't a reliable source.....
He said that we were going to hear silkworms in 2013.... and...

He said "We were thinking about putting that out this year". That was when they were in Australia in 2013 after someone (Gunns, I believe) said how much they liked the song. The statement could have been made in jest, but who knows. Either way it didn't come out and Axl didn't promise it would be out.

As for the main topic: Yeah? Cool.

Didn't promise but gave hope and like most new gnr plan's apart from touring didn't eventuate :(

Naw man. Six or seven years between releases is too long.

Bands used to release music every year or every other year.

This 5-to-8 years between album thing happens when bands get RICH and no longer need to put forth the effort. No new up-and-coming bands are releasing albums every 7 years.

If Axl wanted to reinvent GnR with a completely new cast of characters, he should have treated GnR (and their FANS) like it was a band who needed to earn their way to the top. One album in 15 years and just living off the past - that wasn't the proper way to go. And that's why GnR plays Vegas and to 5,000 people a night in the US and Canada instead of to 20,000.

GnR should have released 4-5 albums from 1999 to today. Then they could have went into coast mode.

At the very least, Axl should have released one album by the current band. DJ bills himself as the "lead" guitar player for GnR. And BBF just added to or tweaked songs that were already created. Is it fair to these guys that they haven't gotten to write and record music as GnR??? At the very least Axl should have released an album featuring the best of the leftover songs and a few songs written by this current group - say in 2011. And then there should be another release - solely written by the current band - in 2014. Then they can go into coast/touring band mode.

A competent management team and a semi-motivated Axl would have released at least three albums by now. A great management team and a fully motivated Axl would have released five albums by now.

How is it that you're the only nuGNR supporter to see reality for what it is? Perfect post. Even I'd be open to considering nuGNR as legitimate if they did half the things you wrote in this post.

• Like 1

This 5-to-8 years between album thing happens when bands get RICH and no longer need to put forth the effort. No new up-and-coming bands are releasing albums every 7 years.

If Axl wanted to reinvent GnR with a completely new cast of characters, he should have treated GnR (and their FANS) like it was a band who needed to earn their way to the top. One album in 15 years and just living off the past - that wasn't the proper way to go. And that's why GnR plays Vegas and to 5,000 people a night in the US and Canada instead of to 20,000.

GnR should have released 4-5 albums from 1999 to today. Then they could have went into coast mode.

At the very least, Axl should have released one album by the current band. DJ bills himself as the "lead" guitar player for GnR. And BBF just added to or tweaked songs that were already created. Is it fair to these guys that they haven't gotten to write and record music as GnR??? At the very least Axl should have released an album featuring the best of the leftover songs and a few songs written by this current group - say in 2011. And then there should be another release - solely written by the current band - in 2014. Then they can go into coast/touring band mode.

A competent management team and a semi-motivated Axl would have released at least three albums by now. A great management team and a fully motivated Axl would have released five albums by now.

How is it that you're the only nuGNR supporter to see reality for what it is? Perfect post. Even I'd be open to considering nuGNR as legitimate if they did half the things you wrote in this post.

The lord blessed with me an overabundance of logic, common sense and penis length/girth. I try and share the knowledge with you all.

I think that 90% of the so called "haters" wouldn't be on here complaining if Axl had simply tried to do something with the GnR name. "At least he tried"........but the fact he isn't trying and is basically just making a living off the work of the classic band, that's what irritates a lot of posters.

Seriously, all our arguments on here should be in comparing the classic line-ups five albums vs the five albums that Axl has released without them. That is what every debate should be centered around.

• Like 1

Tbh, I don't think 6 would be such a big hiatus under normal conditions. It's the shadow of the past that makes it troubling.

I agree. 6 years would be acceptable if there wasn't this 15 years gap between albums. Something some people like to ignore to force themselves to believe the band is perfectly functional.

This is true, if this was still the core of GNR it wouldn't be as much of an issue.

Most bands do their best work very close together in a productive machine gun run, they find it hard to rejuvenate the ''old fire''. Axl could've put his trilogy out, he's had the personnel, resources and time to do so, and we assume he has at least a couple half finished songs he could add to the other guys ideas. Not really any excuses for him except his tinkering and that wall he seems to build around himself.

Agreed. You gotta wonder, in her private moments, does Beta feel guilty about completely isolating Axl and essentially ruining the second half of his life so her kids can inherit the kingdom? I hope so.

Agreed. You gotta wonder, in her private moments, does Beta feel guilty about completely isolating Axl and essentially ruining the second half of his life so her kids can inherit the kingdom? I hope so.

How do we know Axl would have been better off without her, though? He had a lot of issues, maybe he would have given up on life entirely were it not for some sort of surrogate mother and family, it's hard to say.

I can't imagine. Her past 20 or so years have been living the dream.

She doesn't give a fuck about us. We're an annoyance

It's short term enjoyment. She will (hopefully) be remembered as the woman who destroyed GNR, or at least Axl's potential post 199x (whenever she took over). Her legacy will not be a good one - to some people that's important, to some it's not.

Yeah, I'm afraid I agree. God knows both her and Fernando are hardly subtle when it comes to wearing their hatred of the fanbase on their sleeves. Instead of paying their good fortune forward, and working with the fans, they likely see us nothing more than as a nuisance that must be endured. Poor Axl just wanted a real family. They just wanted everything, and boy they got it. Shit.

Edited by sofine11

It's short term enjoyment. She will (hopefully) be remembered as the woman who destroyed GNR, or at least Axl's potential post 199x (whenever she took over). Her legacy will not be a good one - to some people that's important, to some it's not.

But I doubt she gives much of a shit about anyone that might hold that opinion. And truthfully, it doenst' affect her life.

Every time Jarmo will start up with "Its nice how some 'fans' say..." routine, I picture that's exactly how she talks and thinks. Anyone that never questions anything and thinks they are doing god's work, hey, come aboard.

But in their world, never is a heard a discouraging word. The second you do, you can fuck right off.

• Like 1

But I doubt she gives much of a shit about anyone that might hold that opinion. And truthfully, it doenst' affect her life.

Every time Jarmo will start up with "Its nice how some 'fans' say..." routine, I picture that's exactly how she talks and thinks. Anyone that never questions anything and thinks they are doing god's work, hey, come aboard.

But in their world, never is a heard a discouraging word. The second you do, you can fuck right off.

So true. I'm sure the vocal fanbase is the bane of their existence. Trash, the lot of us.

Richard, and the other members of the band, are just trying to motivate Axl into committing to a plan. They're just a band who are eager to put their stamp on GNR.

I get the impression that these guys make public statements like this from time to time hoping that Axl picks up on their interest to record/put out more music. Because, you know, God forbid they confront him about it face to face...

How is that conversation not happening?

"Axl...buddy...what are we DOING here?"

• Like 1

i always imagine BETA to pretty much be the real life version of CONSUELA from Family Guy

Guest NGOG

I don't know why anyone claims that Beta exerts some magical power over Axl. Nobody in this world has any detrimental influence over Axl, everything he does is entirely dictated by himself.

According to anyone that has had any real life dealings with Beta, she is a very nice lady.

I don't know why anyone claims that Beta exerts some magical power over Axl. Nobody in this world has any detrimental influence over Axl, everything he does is entirely dictated by himself.

According to anyone that has had any real life dealings with Beta, she is a very nice lady.

How do you know this about Axl? Are you close personal friends with him?

Your second sentence is also false. You are referencing a few fans who have met Beta at a show. Have you talked to people who have had business dealings with her? Have you talk to Mods of gnrforums who have had dealings with her?

Sofine, you are exactly right. She couldn't care less about the millions of fans who have supported Axl for the past 25 years. Sickening, really.

And thank you for your nice words Omar!!!

• Like 1

Guest NGOG

How do you know this about Axl? Are you close personal friends with him?

Your second sentence is also false. You are referencing a few fans who have met Beta at a show. Have you talked to people who have had business dealings with her? Have you talk to Mods of gnrforums who have had dealings with her?

How do you know that Beta isolates Axl? If you're going to speculate based on information you've read, why can't I?

Why would I judge Beta in terms how she conducts herself business-wise? In case you aren't aware, the character people use to conduct business is very different to their actual personality. Many fans have spoken to Beta on a more casual basis, and they all state that she is a very nice lady (including Randy Lahey, who is brutally honest).

In relation to mods, I know for a fact that HV considers Beta a nice person.

Edited by NGOG

Guest NGOG

Is this nice lady, the same nice lady who - a guest - walked out of Marc Canter's son's party because Slash got up to play?

I can't believe you just stated that as evidence that Beta has a questionable character.

She is employed by Axl, and he regards her as an adoptive mother. Do you honestly think she was going to stay in the same room with somebody who Axl regards as a mortal enemy? Bear in mind that she is privy to information about the feud that we are not.

Is this nice lady, the same nice lady who - a guest - walked out of Marc Canter's son's party because Slash got up to play?

I can't believe you just stated that as evidence that Beta has a questionable character.

She is employed by Axl, and he regards her as an adoptive mother. Do you honestly think she was going to stay in the same room with somebody who Axl regards as a mortal enemy? Bear in mind that she is privy to information about the feud that we are not.

Yes, because she was invited as a guest by the Canter family at the son's Bar Mitzvah; Slash, also a guest, is incidental. The most important person in all this, is the son. Additionally, sitting listening to someone play music for five minutes does not indicate a sudden, switch of allegiance (to that person). Does it make Beta an ‘evil person’? No, but it certain shows she is a damn rude person.

Your defence of her betrays complete, team Brazilian inspired, sycophancy.

I was just flipping through the new Entertainment Weekly (the May 9th issue) and there's a joke about Guns/Fortus in it that uses his quote from the Golden Gods interview.

It's from some section called Dan Snierson's "Hit List "and he says :

Guns N Roses guitarist Richard Fortus says band will put new music out "hopefully very soon...well, in the next year" Awww, you're so adorable, Not Slash.

Not implying that this is anyone in particular's mode of thinking, but all I'll say is that the last time an admin of this forum rubbed Beta the wrong way....it didn't go well for them.

I'm sure Beta is a lovely person if you run into her at an after party or whatever....She still hates the fans. :shrugs:

Guest NGOG

No, but it certain shows she is a damn rude person.

It shows that she is loyal to the person that regards her as a mother/and provides her with a lifestyle that she likely wouldn't have otherwise. That's the way the world works.

She still hates the fans. :shrugs:

Do you seriously believe that?

Wow, people go to absurd lengths in their villainization of Beta. How exactly do you know that she has "ruined the second half of Axl's life"? He seems pretty happy to me, and I think it could be easy so make case for him being more mis-adjusted prior to her coming into his life than what he is these days.

And that "isolation" argument. How do you substantiate that?