"Hopefully very soon we're going to have new stuff out.Well in the next year" Richard Fortus on Rollingstone.com-4/24/14

Looks like Richards not too happy RS published his comments.

I sent him a politely worded email asking for confirmation that they were, in fact, working to get the album out within a year and his response was "Please do not email me any more questions. You should talk to Fernando."

Nice, Richard...

Why in the world does Fernando have this much power within Guns n Roses?

I think it is connected to him being part of the management team. Or did you mean how he ended up in such a position?

Regardless, I hope this means Team Brazil has some cleverly planned media strategy in regards to keeping a lid on the ongoing work on the next record and that Richard was afraid he would spoil it by saying too much :D

Bumblefoot's interview saying Atlas Shrugged isn't even finished despite him playing a solo on it and seemingly knowing jack shit about it otherwise in addition to his clear frustration and Axl being out of sorts vocally connotes that the guys haven't been working on anything collectively EVER. for a long time.

I fixed the typo for you.

I'm pretty sure there has never been a situation where Axl and three or more other members of the band had spend any length of time in same room. Notable exceptions include and are limited to; stage. 30 mins-2 hrs preluding or following a performance.

This has always been my read as well.

"How are they 'not a real band'?"

This. This is why.

I really do feel for these guys sometimes. I'm sure the money is decent enough, but it in Richards case, it must be incredibly frustrating to know that even after 12 years (a Slave?) in the band now, that he still has absolutely zero control over when we get to hear new music, and that it relies solely on the most unreliable man in rock history and whatever stooge is managing him that week.

After Chinese came out Richard said that his favorite GNR track was one that still hadn't been released. Must kill him to know that a song he recorded on and loves will likely never see the light of day...

Yeah, that's exactly how I also see this thing. It must be so frustrating to first be in a band over 10 fuckin' years and still you have only one new album out. Just keep on touring and touring year after year... You work your ass off to make great music for us the fans and still nothing happens (except one album in about 16 years). The "new guys" must have had that fire burning deep down inside around 2000 when they started working on Chinese Democracy, and look what's the situation now.

And also, guys like Richard are still quite young, they could have easily done about five new studio albums by now (I bet they have over ~40 songs ready and done by now), the new lineup really had that energy especially when they started.. but no.. everything has to be so goddamn complicated.

Edited by Judezki
  • Like 1

I don't know, Bumble played a solo on Atlas so he's obviously been in with Axl or sent him it... so they've worked on pieces but I'd imagine it was during the Democracy release area of years 06-09 and Ashba apart from 'hearing Axl on his piano in the hotel room' - which makes sense cause I'm sure Axl gets himself a suite after all - has never recorded anything or he wouldn't shut up about it. I doubt they've ever tried playing anything together now I consider it especially if he won't even rehearse and seemed to not have even been in contact with them before Rio, fucking stupid but there ya go that's Axl.

I have a bad feeling that Vegas might be a last hoorah of sorts for GNR. Axl seems to be running on fumes, and the passion to release more music and create is just gone. Who knows, if they're not putting out the next record, then maybe that'd be for the best?

I have a bad feeling that Vegas might be a last hoorah of sorts for GNR. Axl seems to be running on fumes, and the passion to release more music and create is just gone. Who knows, if they're not putting out the next record, then maybe that'd be for the best?

I have been saying for some time that the next long layoff will cost them at least one guy, maybe two.

And its hard to see Axl retooling yet again.

It'll be definitely interesting to see what happens after Vegas Residency, and what 2015 brings for GN'R.. Axl isn't getting any younger and the time is running out when it comes to releasing new music. Axl, 1999: "I'm not working on all this to keep it buried." Yeah.. for sure. Now it seems that we have to wait that Axl dies before we can hear rest of the new songs, and I don't want to go that route.

Edited by Judezki

What's interesting is that where these guys used to have GNR as their main priority and also side projects to keep them occupied during the down time, it seems that they're wising up and things have shifted. Meaning, GNR seems to be an inconvenient side project that keeps them from doing what they really want to do (DJ with Sixx AM, Ron with his solo stuff, Richard & Dizzy The Dead Daisies).

They're not complete idiots. They know Axl likely has no intentions of putting out more music especially after the stress and inconvenience of the Chinese Democracy release. Axl seems content to let GNR ride on autopilot for the foreseeable future. Hell, tour legs as of late are nothing more than extended vacations for Axl and Team Buttheads (C'mon, South America & Vegas?). Stress free and easy seems to be the name of the game.

• Like 1

What's interesting is that where these guys used to have GNR as their main priority and also side projects to keep them occupied during the down time, it seems that they're wising up and things have shifted. Meaning, GNR seems to be an inconvenient side project that keeps them from doing what they really want to do (DJ with Sixx AM, Ron with his solo stuff, Richard & Dizzy The Dead Daisies).

They're not complete idiots. They know Axl likely has no intentions of putting out more music especially after the stress and inconvenience of the Chinese Democracy release. Axl seems content to let GNR ride on autopilot for the foreseeable future. Hell, tour legs as of late are nothing more than extended vacations for Axl and Team Buttheads (C'mon, South America & Vegas?). Stress free and easy seems to be the name of the game.

Its hard to take them seriously until they do an actual US tour that is not just a residency where they play a small venue in the one city that is the easiest to move tickets for in terms of comps and other such tricks to paper the house.

Exactly, this is the way things are done in a GNR camp these days. But I don't blame Axl and his team, this is the way to make easy and stress-free money, that's for sure.

Agreed D-X. (Quotes not working for some reason?) And they're struggling just to fill the venue for that very residency. I've said it before, anyone curious about Chinese Democracy & this incarnation of GNR has likely already seen them, in many cases, more than once. They're kidding themselves if they think the GNR name alone can fill even modest venues anywhere that the main language is not Portuguese. It takes new music, commercial presence, and ::GASP:: effort.

• Like 1

Looks like Richards not too happy RS published his comments.

I sent him a politely worded email asking for confirmation that they were, in fact, working to get the album out within a year and his response was "Please do not email me any more questions. You should talk to Fernando."

Nice, Richard...

Why in the world does Fernando have this much power within Guns n Roses?

Regardless, I hope this means Team Brazil has some cleverly planned media strategy in regards to keeping a lid on the ongoing work on the next record and that Richard was afraid he would spoil it by saying too much :D

:headbang:

They still haven't toured Africa.

I personally will buy tickets if they do Central Asia, been looking for an excuse to visit Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, and Turkmenistan.

A joint concert with SOAD in Armenia would be amazing.

Nobody's still dumb enough to believe this means new music's on the way, right?

They just released a good album 6 years ago, stop demanding a new album from them. Axl is a perfeccionist and his creativity works in cycles. Life doesn't owe your own personal happy ending.

They just released a good album 6 years ago, stop demanding a new album from them. Axl is a perfeccionist and his creativity works in cycles. Life doesn't owe your own personal happy ending.

You do know you aren't *actually* him, right?

Its kind of disturbing the way some of you channel him like this. I awlays get the feeling you are trying to suck up just on the off chance Axl happens to be reading this. And you think it will put you on his "nice" list and keep you off the "naughty" one.

Its kind of disturbing the way some of you channel him like this. I awlays get the feeling you are trying to suck up just on the off chance Axl happens to be reading this. And you think it will put you on his "nice" list and keep you off the "naughty" one.

:lol:

Why do you post in a forum of a band you don't even like? Get on board or fuck off, bitter ex-fan!

:lol:

Why do you post in a forum of a band you don't even like? Get on board or fuck off, bitter ex-fan!

Oh, is this schtick? If its schtick, than my bad.

But some people do really talk like this for reals. Its embarrassing.

• Like 2

They still haven't toured Africa.

I personally will buy tickets if they do Central Asia, been looking for an excuse to visit Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, and Turkmenistan.

A joint concert with SOAD in Armenia would be amazing.

do you have an extra bank account reserved for concert trips? :P

• Like 1