"Hopefully very soon we're going to have new stuff out.Well in the next year" Richard Fortus on Rollingstone.com-4/24/14

Dick Fortus can wish in one hand and crap on the other....see which fills up 1st. Seriously- does anyone get the idea that Axl just doesn't wanna write/record with these touring musicians? He knows that they can't write/record anything worthy. Kudos to Axl. I don't want any newly recorded/written music.....from anyone other than Axl/Slash/Duff. Period.

Izzy is a better songwriter than Duff.

Izzy is the soul of GnR :wub:

Dick Fortus can wish in one hand and crap on the other....see which fills up 1st. Seriously- does anyone get the idea that Axl just doesn't wanna write/record with these touring musicians? He knows that they can't write/record anything worthy. Kudos to Axl. I don't want any newly recorded/written music.....from anyone other than Axl/Slash/Duff. Period.

Izzy is a better songwriter than Duff.

Izzy is the soul of GnR :wub:

No.... Slash is the Saul of GnR ... the Saulmonster :awesomeface:

Wow richard is really looking forward to that becoming a reality one day but it's sadly seeming farther and farther away. He's like the antithesis of Adler. Fortus will be in a mental home soon, bouncing around a padded cell doing that windmill strum thing he does screaming 'HOPEFULLY WE'VE GOT A NEW RECORD OUT NEXT YEAR, YOU BETTER FUCKIN BUY IT YOU MEDICATION DISPENSIN MOTHERFUCKERS, IF YOU'RE NOT FORTUS, YOU'RE AGAINST US!!!'

• Like 1

Look at when Fortus and Ashba look eachother in the eyes on the video. He doesn't believe a word of what he is saying but it's what he has to say, I guess.

Yes you can clearly see how uncomfortable Fortus is when saying that..And that thing about them getting together to write music in Vegas...Come on man..why the fucking lies??

I think he doesn't have much option. I mean, once he is asked, if he says "no, there will be no new material, we are absolutely working on nothing", things would get really awkward and nasty and media and fans would be even more vocal.

I don't think he wants to lie, I think it's what he has to say, he knows it and he doesn't like it either.

You know, watching videos like the above one of DJ, and hearing Richard once again making false promises of a new GNR album soon really makes me wish Axl would just put a proverbial bullet in GNR after Vegas. Why torture the remaining fans of this band any longer?

Ron gets a lot of shit sometimes for complaining, but when it comes to new music, he's literally the ONLY ONE who was ever honest with us. All along he's said that if it were up to him he'd put out the rest of the Chi Dem era stuff, and fast, and then get to recording with the current lineup. What a waste of time and talent.

Edited by sofine11

If you're reading this and you're hoarding something tasty, please find a way.

Seriously though, one of the things I like about Richard is that I've heard his playing a billion times and the sound of his voice once or twice. Praying he doesn't diminish that with these repetitive comments. I can remember people getting a vibe about 2014 being ideal for a new'un...in 2011/12. Where the fuck does the time go? I'm starting to hope Ron secretly produces some music with everyone else in the band sans Axl (or whoever the block is) and just fucking puts it together himself. Do it in fucking Audacity!

I remember a thread asking which musicians were the biggest wastes of talent and someone said it can't be Axl cause he gave us everything. I don't believe that's true, CD showed to me at least the guy has a lot more in the tank, collectively with all the musicians, equipment, time, money, loyal fanbase, notoriety and intrigue guaranteeing an audience no matter what due to band name and history, successful tours, mystique and trilogy talk - the goddamn ambition he had ... we get just one great record for all that time... then he puts another great band together, Ashba is alright but a step down, then some awesome shows, Rio was supposed to be the second phase but... zilch, downhill... that's a real titanic level of loss for me, when Axl gets his shit together and lets something out that he's worked on, it's usually compelling at the very least, when he releases nothing, we get this circus tent where the thing is collapsing cause it's got nowhere left to go after the peak (2010). If he measures in money then yes he's evolved GNR but he could've made more reuniting, if he measures in material and public perception and the hardcore gunners who've supported him (somewhat detached, curiously) then he's pissed a whole lot of stuff into a cold wind. Even dropping a record in the next two years won't fix that damage.

Edited by RandallFlagg
  • Like 1

Axl has a better chance of winning the lottery than he does of getting a record company to give him 1 red cent to do any new recording.

Our best hope at this point is some of the old CD era stuff, and that is likely pushing it.

so why would Fortus say something like that?

Do they just love to disappoint people and like laughing at the frustrated rantings of butthurt fans?

Well the way he says it with the "hopefully" is a way to give people the impression that the band is moving forward even if they aren't

It is a much less embarrasing thing to say to an interviewer than "I don't see material coming out soon, I don't know". So I can't blame him for wanting to give the less embarrassing answer but for us GNR fanatics we see that answer for what it is - nothing of any real substance

so why would Fortus say something like that?

Do they just love to disappoint people and like laughing at the frustrated rantings of butthurt fans?

Well the way he says it with the "hopefully" is a way to give people the impression that the band is moving forward even if they aren't

It is a much less embarrasing thing to say to an interviewer than "I don't see material coming out soon, I don't know". So I can't blame him for wanting to give the less embarrassing answer but for us GNR fanatics we see that answer for what it is - nothing of any real substance

so really it's more about what to say in the general populace where nobody really cares. but on the wacky forums it's taken or forced into a more literal meaning. Moderate fans may catch a quote like that and it doesn't cause a stir, it's just normal. You'd think by now Fortus would have written at least one song he thinks would work for GNR?

Axl seems to collab with everyone on CD. So that could happen again, until Axl works with them on their material it won't be a GNR song. Unless Axl hands over the responsibility to the band like UYI and then gets them to help on his songs. The Fortus and Axl worked on Heavens Door at the Golden Gods could be utilized in another new song.