Have you just packed up your shit and left?

arnold layne

I've thought about it, but I have too many responsibilities and ties to where I am right now that it would be impossible to do without hurting not just myself but a lot of other people.

I will though, someday when the time is right.

You don't have those responsibilities Arnold, I see no better time for you. Don't just do it on a whim though. Have a plan.

If you want to move, do it now. You have no job, college is almost finished, you have nothing to tie you down there. Once you have a job, a relationship etc it becomes much harder to move, I think. I was always under the impression that Americans were more prone to move far away than we are here (in Europe). Maybe that's not accurate, but I always hear or see about Americans taking a plane to spend the holidays with their family. Maybe that's just in films and on TV though :shrugs:

EDIT: Now you've edited your OP, I guess I'd better change my answer to: No, sorry, can't help you, I only moved about 20K :lol:

Edited by Lio

Axl did it. Worked out for him.

I think you're young with little holding you here. Go for it. So you sleep in your car for a while. Just go for it and build your own life by your own design. It is opportunity calling.

And now I'll answer the edited OP. Yes, when my son was a baby I took him and our clothes and nothing else and moved to Canada. I was motivated though, for safety reasons. I went on welfare so I could go to college. College with a two year old was the hardest time of my life for responsibilities. but I still felt like I was safe and finally calling the shots on my own life. So I was happy.

I envy you your situation.

Edited by Orsys

No, I did leave an 8 year relationship by just walking in, saying nothing, packing my bags and leaving to never return.

Not quite as dramatic as you are hoping your life will ultimately become, perhaps in searching for this life affirming drama you would be best served leaving the fucking forum and experiencing life, you know, actually get out there instead of having your angst moments.

I did it.

Mainly to pursue a musical career ( though I had another secured job waiting for me here so I can pay the bills ) but also to get away from my family.

I love my parents but they are rather negative people and I felt like I had to move away from them to become what I felt I could be ( a happier, more fullfilled and stronger person ).

How did I do it ? Well, I kinda just decided that it was time. I wasn't really afraid about what could go wrong to be honest.

So, yeah. I moved 900 kms away from them.

Edited by The Glow Inc.
  • Like 1

Why did you heavily edit your OP?

Because you're right. I don't fucking want to talk about myself anymore.

The point of this fucking thread is to ask whether YOU did it as a forum. Not me. I don't like me. Fuck me. Don't even talk about me.

Talk about yourself for fucks sake.

:blink:

No shit. People wear pink t-shirts, people wear yellow t-shirts, people wear jeans, people sing, people dance, people yell, people cry.

I am asking for a certain experience. This can be compared to like asking, per se, describe your yellow t-shirt. I am asking, generating some discussion on a life changing event.

Edited by arnold layne

I kinda want to travel to an isolated island in the Pacific and hang out with the natives there for some time.

No shit. People wear pink t-shirts, people wear yellow t-shirts, people wear jeans,

Some people even wear fabulous new button-downs from Hugo Boss.

Thank you! Thank you very fucking much for that insightful and thought provoking answer Mr. Glow Inc.

Now tell me. Did you have a job before you moved or did you just move?

Well, two months sooner I passed an exam that granted me a job as a teacher wherever I wanted in this country.

I made the choice to relocate.

So no, I didn't have a job before I moved but I had a job waiting for me here if I wanted to so in a way, yeah, my finances were secured.

No shit. People wear pink t-shirts, people wear yellow t-shirts, people wear jeans, people sing, people dance, people yell, people cry.

I am asking for a certain experience. This can be compared to like asking, per se, describe your yellow t-shirt. I am asking, generating some discussion on a life changing event.

You've edited your original post. Sometimes when I read your whiney attention seeking butthurt I'm a loser shit I just want to be able to reach across the internet and knock the shit out of you. Get a fucking grip on your life and get whatever fucking help you need from a professional instead of constantly moaning on a Guns N Roses message board. For fuck sake man.

You've edited your original post. Sometimes when I read your whiney attention seeking butthurt I'm a loser shit I just want to be able to reach across the internet and knock the shit out of you. Get a fucking grip on your life and get whatever fucking help you need from a professional instead of constantly moaning on a Guns N Roses message board. For fuck sake man.

As much as it goes against my agony aunt persona, He is fucking right.

As much as it goes against my agony aunt persona, He is fucking right.

I will say this one more fucking time. This thread isn't about me, okay? Does the title have the word I in it? DOES IT?

NO IT FUCKING DOESN'T YOU BIG DUMB IDIOT.