Have you just packed up your shit and left?

arnold layne

Guest Len B'stard

Yeah, when i was 13 i got expelled from school and just fucked off out of town cuz my old man was looking to bash the shit out of me...or so i thought :lol: Ended up in London with a bunch of tramps until like the 3rd day when the missed meal cramps kicked in and i called up like 'Muuuumm, i wanna go hooomee' :lol:

so someone else can take care of your parents when they're older?

You know who takes my grandma to the doctors? Me.. I love her and i'm very close with her but it shouldn't be that i worry about how my grandmother goes to the doctors. My uncle doesnt drive, my mom and aunt aren't strong enough to help her down the stairs (there's a lot of stairs where she lives, she can do them but it takes her a while).. My two uncles live far away so i have to take her. I postponed joining the military because she needed knee surgery and the whole process took so long, i felt it was my responsibility to help her.. Now i'm so busy with work, i don't want to leave my brother and father hanging so i'm in a pickle..

Move if you don't have a good relationship with your family.. Otherwise, stay.

I think it's admirable that you do that and it's a testament to your character because there are plenty of people in this world who really don't care about anything or anyone, except themselves. But there's a lot to be said too for moving away and getting out and seeing the world and experiencing life on your own without leaning on anyone else. You don't have to move away forever and most people don't unless they're in countries with war and huge political turmoil. Going away for a few years can be a really formative experience, especially when you're young as Arnold is. In fact, most people who say they'll do it when they're older don't ever end up doing it because it just becomes too difficult for exactly the reasons you mentioned.

My family was nothing but supportive of my decision. My mum in particular was so happy to see me do things that she never had the courage to do herself. Of course, she didn't want me to stay away forever but she never wanted me to limit myself either and she wanted me to experience everything that life has to offer. That is one of the kindest things you can do for someone you love.

Why Singapore? To become a pirate?

Advertising. Good jobs, good money.

Theres two sides and i agree with what you say. I can see why people move, and my folks wouldn't want me to not live my life.

• Like 1

Yeah, when i was 13 i got expelled from school and just fucked off out of town cuz my old man was looking to bash the shit out of me...or so i thought :lol: Ended up in London with a bunch of tramps until like the 3rd day when the missed meal cramps kicked in and i called up like 'Muuuumm, i wanna go hooomee' :lol:

West did you do?

Guest Len B'stard

West did you do?

Eh? :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

Uh, it was a culmination of things but the straw that broke the camels back was when me and my mate Mark went into the locker rooms during PE and robbed the valuables box, although it was all Mark, God rest his soul, I'd just take the keys to the locker room to go take a piss cuz i weren't doing PE (the reasoning being the closest other toilet was all the way down by the Humanities block) and while i was there taking a piss he followed me and was going through everyones pockets and also, that day this lad Adam had come back from his holidays from fuck knows where with a little £200 pin badge from Hard Rock Cafe that was fuck knows how many karat gold, so we just emptied that whole ice cream tub with wallets and valuables and crap in it.

Anyway, when i was up for that a couple of teachers went around like, digging up dirt on me and Mark and like, basically we used to shoplift back then, tapes and cassettes and videos and then sell em in school, get a list off all the lads and just go nick em in town later that day and sell em for like 3 quid a pop, the lads got a good deal on tapes they would've otherwise paid 15 quid for and me and Mark got a little pocket money for ourselves. Anyway, this lad called Rob that me and Mark had had a fight with (broke his nose after school cuz he nicked the wheels off of one of our mates bikes...or a wheel or something, i dunno, i dunno shit about bikes, can't even ride on) and anyway, this twat had it in for us so he grassed us up for 'selling stolen good on property', then when he opened his mouth every second joker we ever sold anything to grassed us up :lol: like tons of em grassed us up. Caught up with a couple of em later actually :D

Was happy to leave that school anyway, bunch of wankers. Funny thing was my mate Jimmy was in on the selling on property too but he never even got suspended...and me and Mark got expelled but then Marks was black and im a paki so i guess we should've seen that coming :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen

Have you ever moved across the country and relocated?

If so what is your story?

nobody is a prophet in his own land - JC.

I did it many times, and im about to do it again. First of all is a new start, you never get bored this way.

You get to meet new ppl, new places, new experiences. Not all is fun n games, the money part is always a bitch.

Guest Len B'stard

Have you ever moved across the country and relocated?

If so what is your story?

nobody is a prophet in his own land - JC.

John Cummings of The Ramones? :D

Uh, it was a culmination of things but the straw that broke the camels back was when me and my mate Mark went into the locker rooms during PE and robbed the valuables box, although it was all Mark, God rest his soul, I'd just take the keys to the locker room to go take a piss cuz i weren't doing PE (the reasoning being the closest other toilet was all the way down by the Humanities block) and while i was there taking a piss he followed me and was going through everyones pockets and also, that day this lad Adam had come back from his holidays from fuck knows where with a little £200 pin badge from Hard Rock Cafe that was fuck knows how many karat gold, so we just emptied that whole ice cream tub with wallets and valuables and crap in it.

Anyway, when i was up for that a couple of teachers went around like, digging up dirt on me and Mark and like, basically we used to shoplift back then, tapes and cassettes and videos and then sell em in school, get a list off all the lads and just go nick em in town later that day and sell em for like 3 quid a pop, the lads got a good deal on tapes they would've otherwise paid 15 quid for and me and Mark got a little pocket money for ourselves. Anyway, this lad called Rob that me and Mark had had a fight with (broke his nose after school cuz he nicked the wheels off of one of our mates bikes...or a wheel or something, i dunno, i dunno shit about bikes, can't even ride on) and anyway, this twat had it in for us so he grassed us up for 'selling stolen good on property', then when he opened his mouth every second joker we ever sold anything to grassed us up :lol: like tons of em grassed us up. Caught up with a couple of em later actually :D

Was happy to leave that school anyway, bunch of wankers. Funny thing was my mate Jimmy was in on the selling on property too but he never even got suspended...and me and Mark got expelled but then Marks was black and im a paki so i guess we should've seen that coming :lol:

:facepalm:

Guest Len B'stard

:facepalm:

Whattt? :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

Might've been handy as a lad but i dont see the point now.

It's pretty fun. You'd like it.

Beats driving.

EDIT: Not that you're any good at that either. :lol:

:lol:

What am i gonna look like 6'4, 30 years old, my big lanky arse flying over a set of handlebars trying to get my balance :lol:

You can get training wheels, you know.

In that case I'm on it :lol:

I ride a bike daily. I fucking love it. I haven't driven a car in over 5 years and I may never drive one again.

And to answer the original question, yes, I've packed some shit and left a few times. Once I drove from Ohio to LA with a suitcase. (It helps to have a place to stay, obviously.) And again, I've flown to Japan with nothing but a bag of clothes.

LA wasn't for me, but honestly, I didn't give it a very good effort. I could have thrived a lot better than I did, but I was being a little bitch and I left.

Japan has worked out well. I love it here. It can be lonely as shit, living on the opposite side of the planet from everyone I know and love, but it's also an accomplishment knowing that I did it all on my own.

• Like 1

I ride a bike daily. I fucking love it. I haven't driven a car in over 5 years and I may never drive one again.

And to answer the original question, yes, I've packed some shit and left a few times. Once I drove from Ohio to LA with a suitcase. (It helps to have a place to stay, obviously.) And again, I've flown to Japan with nothing but a bag of clothes.

LA wasn't for me, but honestly, I didn't give it a very good effort. I could have thrived a lot better than I did, but I was being a little bitch and I left.

Japan has worked out well. I love it here. It can be lonely as shit, living on the opposite side of the planet from everyone I know and love, but it's also an accomplishment knowing that I did it all on my own.

What was the original motivation for moving?

Yes. I was offered a job absolutely nowhere near my friends, family or boyfriend. I did it because it was unlikely I was going to find work anywhere else. I think the distance is 120 miles from where I was living, which might not seem much, but it's essentially halfway down England. Too far for many people to be bothered to visit.

Life is what you make of it, and it has been no where near an exciting adventure, but has made a suitable stop-gap for two years.