Steven Adler and DJ Ashba has played together

An interesting, but little discussed, is the fact that the drummer of the classic lineup of Guns N 'Roses, Steven Adler and guitarist since 2009, DJ Ashba, have played together, but not in GNR.

The incident occurred in BulletBoys band, which was formed in 1987 in Los Angeles and won fame with the singles "For the Love of Money" and "Smoth Up in Ya" from their self-titled album in 1988.

Steven and Ashba played together during the years 1998 and 1999, including a tour with Pretty Boy Floyd, Enuff Z'Nuff and Bang Tango during the North American summer. Unfortunately, we could not find videos and pictures of these moments.

DJ Ashba would eventually join the Guns N 'Roses in 2009, replacing Robin Finck on "Chinese Democracy Tour" and continuing with the band to this day. Steven Adler played on the albums "Appetite for Destruction" and "GN'R Lies" plus the track "Civil War" in the "Use Your Illusion II", but left the band in 1990. Recently Adler released the album "Back from the Dead "with the band that bears his name.

http://whiplash.net/materias/news_816/202352-gunsnroses.html

• Like 1

I always liked 'Smooth Up'.

But I reference Adler's inclusion in this dopey band all the time. Despite him being so brilliant, and such a gifted and unique drummer, the most "high profile" thing he has done in the 25 years since he left GNR was being the drummer in Bulletboys for 15 minutes. A good 10 years after they were relevant.

Edited by D-GenerationX

Ashba's kind of gone from a second division band (bullet boys), to a championship side (Sixx:am) then to a premier league side who used to finish in the top 4 for the champions league and won it two or three times but now hover around the europa league (GNR), though they did qualify again and reach the semi finals in 2010.

Ashba's kind of gone from a second division band (bullet boys), to a championship side (Sixx:am) then to a premier league side who used to finish in the top 4 for the champions league and won it two or three times but now hover around the europa league (GNR), though they did qualify again and reach the semi finals in 2010.

Go watch a game or something.

I always liked 'Smooth Up'.

But I reference Adler's inclusion in this dopey band all the time. Despite him being so brilliant, and such a gifted and unique drummer, the most "high profile" thing he has done in the 25 years since he left GNR was being the drummer in Bulletboys for 15 minutes. A good 10 years after they were relevant.

I think Celebrity Rehab is more high profile than this. I like to think I know of most relevant bands of that era and I haven't even heard of Bulletboys.

MIND-BLOWN.

Same!

I did, Bayern just got thrashed by Real.

BURN!

Gnr were the champions or thereabouts for a while always getting into europe's top competition 1,2,3,4th, they reached the pinnacle a few times, then went into the wilderness of mediocre during the barren years, settling for the europa league = 5th place qualification. Then we have a resurgence for a season in 2009/10 for the champions league again but not quite european champions, now we're back to qualifying for the europa league.

The metaphor is amazing.

It was the burn of a charmander who just got ko'd by magikarp using tackle and then drowned in a tepid spring infested by a harvest of pickled gherkins because life isn't fair.

that's kinda funny, bikoz I could swear on my life there was a time I wanted to pinpoint when and where did they play together, and I got across an interview of DJ, where he said "nope, we missed each other by weeks". So. Yeah. Go get 'em, Tiger.

Gnr were the champions or thereabouts for a while always getting into europe's top competition 1,2,3,4th, they reached the pinnacle a few times, then went into the wilderness of mediocre during the barren years, settling for the europa league = 5th place qualification. Then we have a resurgence for a season in 2009/10 for the champions league again but not quite european champions, now we're back to qualifying for the europa league.

The metaphor is amazing.

It was the burn of a charmander who just got ko'd by magikarp using tackle and then drowned in a tepid spring infested by a harvest of pickled gherkins because life isn't fair.

Careful, Magikarp is awesome !