When did you become a fan of Guns n' Roses

When did you become a fan of Guns n' Roses  

145 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Late 87'. I was in the 6th grade and my BFF handed me a copied AFD. Then I saw WTJ video and my favorite members,well one day it would be Duff then Steven then Duff Hahaha. I didn't pay too much attention to Axl in that video.

Like most girl fans back then,when the video for SCOM came out,and we caught a glimpse of a different looking Axl,that was it!He was our favorite band member. LOL

And as far as how us older fans got our GN'R info back then. There was such a thing as newspaper articles/reviews. Magazine reviews,interviews etc. MTV and VH1. And pen pals. And bootlegging tapes,not just the actual albums. How do you think you guys have a lot of the old shows(either video or audio)from back in the day?We traded/bought live shows and radio/tv interviews of the band on cassette and VHS. That's how we got the majority of our info then.

And from time to time,a few shows actually got aired on the radio,King Biscuit Flower Hour. You know,that machine that has two speakers and an antannae?And you changed the station with a little knob?

And then there was also such a thing as word of mouth.

People actually took time to print up list upon list of their bootlegged shit with order forms. You sent your money order/ check and they sent you whatever you had chosen. Like a catalog lol.

And then you had fans making fanzines too.Kinda like a "prehistoric" message board/website,just on paper LOL

And to think bands bitch about bootlegging shit now over the internet. Or uploading stuff to YouTube and shit. Back in the day,there was a helluva lot of people making money off of bootlegging onto cassette tapes and VHS.I actually think a few times that I sent my own cassettes/VHS tapes and gotta discount on my purchases?

That's how that I heard the shitty ass Unwanted Illusion rejects. Actually,it was a pen pal that sent me a copy. I just can't get past the stupid drum machine on those. And I think the same cassette he had put Jumpin'Jack Flash on it,which I absolutely loved.he might've also put Dead Flowers and Heartbreak Hotel on there.

Edited by SweetRose