When did you become a fan of Guns n' Roses

When did you become a fan of Guns n' Roses  

145 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As shown in the poll. I'm kind of curious to see when most of the fanbase (that's here anyway) was built and how much it's still growing.

For me, it was late 1997 when I saw a video of Knocking On Heaven's Door live at the Freddie Mercury tribute on tv. I was 13 at the time.

Edited by username

Guest NGOG

It was 2004, I was 9 years old, and I was playing GTA: San Andreas. This song kept coming on the radio that made me extra-inclined to crash whatever car as I was driving.

That song was 'Welcome to the Jungle'.

Edited by NGOG

It was 2004, I was 9 years old, and I was playing GTA: San Andreas. This song kept coming on the radio that made me extra-inclined to crash whatever car as I was driving.

That song was 'Welcome to the Jungle'.

As much as I may get on people for being Gn'R-educators it is cool that they continue to pick up new fans of all ages especially during long periods of inactivity.I can't believe it's been more than a quarter century since I purchased AFD. Edited by xGNRxSTARx

Mid 90s... Can't remember exactly when.

For one who longs back to the AFD/UYI lineup that is pretty ironic. I guess you are hungry for somethin' that you haven't had yet.

lol, shut up SM.

i lived the 2000 era, which was fascinating and i supported axl more than anyone, even with the lack of music.

i miss the old lineups but i never claimed to have lived that era. and not until long ago i didn't care too much about them as i cared about the CD era band.

Edited by ProstituteComa
  • Like 1

As shown in the poll. I'm kind of curious to see when most of the fanbase (that's here anyway) was built and how much it's still growing.

For me, it was late 1997 when I saw a video of Knocking On Heaven's Door live at the Freddie Mercury tribute on tv. I was 13 at the time.

On a family trip to Cedar Point in 1987, I saw a cassette in my brothers carrying case that said "G Side" and "R Side" on it instead of A & B. I wondered what the deal was, threw it in my Walkman and the rest is history.

1988, the first time I heard Welcome To The Jungle on MTV, probably on Headbangers Ball.

I was just a teenager and young adult back then so thankfully I've got NGOG here to tell me what "really happened" back in the 88-93 era.

Edited by Groghan
  • Like 1

2 memories stand out for me when I was 9 years old:

- Late 1991, a cousin of mine had Use Your Illusion I on cassette and a very cool (at the time) yellow Sony Sports Walkman. I'd grab a listen as much as I could.

- Watching the Freddie Mercury Tribute concert live on TV on April 20th 1992 and being mesmerised by a guy with a red bandana on.

I loved Paradise City at a younger age in the late 80's, but was too young to really link it to a band name.

I voted 2006 - 2010 because that's when I became a hardcore fan.

I remember being around 10 years old and my friends older brother playing GN'R on full blast while he would do the dishes after school. It was unlike anything I had ever heard and I was allowed to borrow some of his GN'R tapes. Since then I loved the band but I thought it was over as they had broken up. It was only much later I found out Axl was still keeping the band alive.

Edited by RocketQueen1985

2003 (or 2004). I was 14 years old and I was watching "80 best songs from the 80's" or some other shitty VH1 list expecting some MJ, and Welcome to the Jungle was in the top 5.

Funny thing was I had this friend that had been begging me to listen to some GN'R and I refused. Wasn't much into rock cause I thought rock meant only loud noise, like Slayer and bands like that.

I listened to WTTJ that day, that week MTV aired the Illusions DVD but I only got to see WTTJ and Don't Cry. Absolutely LOVED Don't Cry, so I went out and rented the DVDs. LOL. Then I bought all the CDs and then I found out there was a new line up and a new CD that never came out. And so began the waiting and suffering.

Edited by Deb Rose

1988, the first time I heard Welcome To The Jungle on MTV, probably on Headbangers Ball.

I was just a teenager and young adult back then so thankfully I've got NGOG here to tell me what "really happened" back in the 88-93 era.

You just got Gn'R-educated

Are you telling me you wouldn't go on say a Led Zeppelin board and tell the older fans on there what the band was like back in the day since you weren't around then?!

I do like that we have people on here who became fans during different eras. There are probably just as many people who discovered the band through a video game soundtrack as there are those who found them on MTV.

Edited by xGNRxSTARx