This looks so damn right

I'd have no problem with Robin making more frequent appearances like Duff and Izzy. But I've said this before - why bother having him back when all they're going to do is continue the greatest hits tour? If Axl really committed to moving the band forward then yeah, bring him back. But right now he's with a band that is actually relevant and doing great stuff. And when he's not working with NIN he should be putting work into his solo record. He made the right choice bailing on this band.

And let's be honest. It's not that difficult a choice to make when your options are this...

10722195315_d4c575ce7e_h.jpg

or this...

axlrose-cananda.jpg

• Like 1

I'd have no problem with Robin making more frequent appearances like Duff and Izzy. But I've said this before - why bother having him back when all they're going to do is continue the greatest hits tour? If Axl really committed to moving the band forward then yeah, bring him back. But right now he's with a band that is actually relevant and doing great stuff. And when he's not working with NIN he should be putting work into his solo record. He made the right choice bailing on this band.

And let's be honest. It's not that difficult a choice to make when your options are this...

or this...

axlrose-cananda.jpg

Even though I don't really like NIN's music, I always think I'd love to see them whenever you post pics. Seems like they put on a phenomenal stage show.

• Like 1

or this...

axlrose-cananda.jpg

Even though I don't really like NIN's music, I always think I'd love to see them whenever you post pics. Seems like they put on a phenomenal stage show.

haha I bet out of all the Axl pics on the net this is the one he hates the most

What exactly is Robin gonna accomplish artistically in NIN? He's playing Trent's stuff, he doesn't really create anything. How many solos like SOD, TWAT and TIL did he write in NIN? How many songs like Better and SR? Yeah, exactly. He needs solo albums or new projects that give him freedom, not one men bands.

In NIN he plays with a band that drastically changes it's production for each tour leg. The setlists, stage design, lineups, arrangements, etc. It's pretty easy to see why someone would choose to be in NIN over GNR. FFS there is more to music than power chords and guitar solos.

Here are some thoughts on touring: When we commit to a touring cycle, it usually is at least a year long, and can start to feel stale after X amount of time. What I'm doing this cycle is making each leg of the tour have its own identity. The festival run we did over the summer was very different from the Tension tour we just finished. We're currently rehearsing with a new incarnation of the band for what's ahead. This keeps things fresh from a musician's perspective, but also keeps things interesting for fans in an era where every show ends up on YouTube. The setlist and presentation moving forward will be very different from what we just did. That's part of the incentive behind releasing the Tension footage now. That was one very specific look at Nine Inch Nails in the Fall of 2013, that I wanted the whole world to be able to see (just like you can see the festival footage on YouTube, which was its own thing).

Polar opposite of Axl

Edited by Broskirose

Robin really likes NIN's music. Even simple songs like Terrible Lie, I've seen him mentioning it as one of his favorites. He's very talented and I sure wish we could hear more songs from him. He's just the perfect guy for NIN though. It feels like the songs are his when you see him performing them. It's not really a NIN concert without Robin. The With Teeth/Year Zero tours are my least favorites.

• Like 1

Do yourself a favor... get buzzed one way or another (few drinks and/or some smoke if you're savvy) and watch the following video. Don't forget to buckle up. NIN is right up there with Pink Floyd when it comes to a stage show. I've never seen any other band come anywhere close to the productions those two bands have pulled off. We're lucky to still have Trent/NIN still making music, damn good music at that, and putting on one hell of a show live.

• Like 1

I will watch this soon but my point is still the same - he's kind of a touring guitarist and that's a waste.

Robin is mid-40's at this point. Do you expect him to turn into Bob Marley at this point? He has fun playing in NIN... and DOES have a certain amount of creative say in things. Bottom line- RF is NOT going to be the next SLASH, JIMMY PAGE or JOHN LENNON. He DOES fit with NIN and by this video evidence, he has a GREAT time doing it.

I will watch this soon but my point is still the same - he's kind of a touring guitarist and that's a waste.

Robin is mid-40's at this point. Do you expect him to turn into Bob Marley at this point? He has fun playing in NIN... and DOES have a certain amount of creative say in things. Bottom line- RF is NOT going to be the next SLASH, JIMMY PAGE or JOHN LENNON. He DOES fit with NIN and by this video evidence, he has a GREAT time doing it.

It's not like it must be so extreme, like Robin either is a touring guitarist that doesn't really release his own music, or he's John Lennon. that's silly. We know he can write, and he talked about his in the works solo album. I think he got a chance with Guns he never got with NIN, even if I'm a big fan of the shows he did with Trent.

He got to showcase what he can do in the studio to a certain extent with Chinese, and there is still time to put out many solo albums.

I'm a Fruciante fan. I don't give a fuck that the guy is 44 years old. It's about the music for me, and I have a feeling Robin just doesn't see it as "fuck I'm old, I need to do this and that" he's doing what feels good musically now, and that's pretty much it.

He ain't never going to get the chance to fully realize his potential as a writer in NIN. Trent has too many ideas that work for NIN. He doesn't need Robin for much more then what he did in NIN. He did take the job as Gn'R's lead guitar player. Maybe he saw a chance to have a bigger part in writing the songs.

Edited by Rovim