Matt Sorum says the launch of VR was the biggest moment in his career

It's interesting that they, old GNR, decided to do something the day after the 2002 VMAs.

They probably watched it and thought: well, the chances of doing something better are not small.

And even though GNR's performance was a surprise, they were already creating this evil plan to launch VR one day after VMA. They have magic powers, bastards.

It's interesting that they, old GNR, decided to do something the day after the 2002 VMAs.

They probably watched it and thought: well, the chances of doing something better are not small.

And even though GNR's performance was a surprise, they were already creating this evil plan to launch VR one day after VMA. They have magic powers, bastards.

ehgif_zps872e9d9f.gif

Guest NGOG

Sounds like they were waiting to see if Axl was going to change his mind about putting a new bad together and when he came out on stage, that was it for them I guess.

Yes, Matt said that up until that point they felt there was a possibility Axl would just reunite the old band.

I also preferred his work with VR, and I think he feels more comfortable with VR because in GNR he was afterall a replacement., while VR is fully "his".

That's the big difference, certainly to him. In Guns he was an employee, in VR he was certainly much more than that.

I much preferred his drumming in VR to just about anything he did with GN'R.

What do people think of his new single?

Sounds like something Tommy or Izzy would release.

Tommy, Izzy and Matt should get together and record the most laid back album in history!

Good song, I like it.

Sounds like they were waiting to see if Axl was going to change his mind about putting a new bad together and when he came out on stage, that was it for them I guess.

Yes, Matt said that up until that point they felt there was a possibility Axl would just reunite the old band.

This happened a few months prior to the VMAs, so the wheels were already in motion for VR.

diesel Daisy you are so right! Even if Matt was told what to play, come on, it was GNR songs! Who wouldn't want to play them?

Matt is so full of himself. Maybe he was a better mechanical drummer than Steven, but Steven had the heart to play. He was hungry like all the other original members. Matt came on when GNR was already on top. He was along for the ride just like Gilby.