Matt Sorum says the launch of VR was the biggest moment in his career

Matt always got a lot of shit around here. Thank goodness we have DJ for that now.

He can be douchey, but I always liked him anyway. VR was a great band, but I have to call bullshit on that story about some kid saying "there's Matt and Duff from Velvet Revolver". :lol: I guess it's possible, but even though I was a huge fan of that band and saw them in concert many times, I think I may have still referred to them as the guys from Guns. Habit.

That is funny because I remember seeing VR searching for a singer and Matt not liking or wanting Scott Weiland as their singer. I think he wanted someone unknown, but I know he didn't want Scott.

He knows the biggest thing in his life was being the drummer to GNR. Please.

What do people think of his new single?

I actually like it...

Me too, which I honestly didn't expect at the 20 second mark.

It's pretty decent. Reminds me of something Izzy might have released actually.

Was thinking the same, and ended up listening to it twice. Not too bad at all.

Will check out his album for sure.

I actually like it...

Me too, which I honestly didn't expect at the 20 second mark.

It's pretty decent. Reminds me of something Izzy might have released actually.

Very Izzy like after I heard it.

now he just saves dolphins.

Admirable. I'd rather see a "celeb" use their public status to raise awareness of issues such as saving dolphins than using it as a promotional tool to hawk their latest merchandise. Matt has been consistent in his "save the planet"-style tweets and I genuinely admire that, it shows that he actually does care about such topics and isn't just retweeting because it's the current hot topic :)

Edited by downliner

I much preferred his drumming in VR to just about anything he did with GN'R.

The song is pretty good, but seriously though, what is with the whole dolphin thing? like really? :lol::lol::lol:

On topic, I'm not surprised that he looks back on the launch of VR as his biggest moment. He had a short lived time with the cult and never got all that big there, in GNR he was the first of many replacements to play someone elses shit but in VR he was part of arguably the first legitimate supergroup who generated one hell of a lot of buzz. I have to agree with him that VR was his biggest moment with all things considered.

A8R

It's interesting that they, old GNR, decided to do something the day after the 2002 VMAs.

Sounds like they were waiting to see if Axl was going to change his mind about putting a new bad together and when he came out on stage, that was it for them I guess.